Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-25-2017, 03:56 PM   #61
upthecreek

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
This is ridiculous. The guy has done a fine job for at least three decades that I know about. The news about Irap didn't even come out until later in the day.
WRONG Local Comcast channel in Philadelphia was live Broadcasting the race(Pincay, Moss and Dick Jerardi) They announced it 5 mins after the race and then I started seeing it on Twitter
Forgot Canton Bredar was there and she interviewed the on call vet before they went off the air

Last edited by upthecreek; 09-25-2017 at 04:00 PM.
upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2017, 04:48 PM   #62
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist View Post
Anyone know why Pavel wasn't entered? That Smarty Jones win was as impressive as any race I've seen by a 3 year old male this year.
He's running in the Jockey Club Gold Cup
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2017, 04:51 PM   #63
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698 View Post
He's running in the Jockey Club Gold Cup
Probably an easier spot given the 108 it would have taken to win this
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2017, 07:48 PM   #64
Valuist

Maybe, but not impossible for Pavel. I think he got a 103 Beyer in the Smarty Jones and he was completely geared down. One of the easiest winners one will ever see.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2017, 07:59 PM   #65
Track Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstrosFan View Post
I paid a visit last fall to Parx and needless to say it is a joke of a facility.

Broken benches, bird feces and the gate crew sitting on the counter where the public puts their programs down to get changes etc.

No thank you, place is a disgrace!
WOW! See this is the kind of thing that even the slightest amount of management would rectify. I get it that there aren't a lot of people showing up on a daily basis but have a bit of pride and attention to detail.

When I went to Retama Park last fall on a Wednesday to cash some tickets from earlier in the year, I almost threw up. They had a garbage can, in the main walkway to get into the facility, that was so overstuffed, much of the garbage had spilled out onto the ground. There were hundreds of flies and bugs cannibalizing it.

They may not be able to afford to replace the 1992 Magnavox box TV's that are missing up and down buttons for the channels but how about giving a shit about how the place looks? (By the way, this was during simulcast season, no live racing, so how long do you think that trash was sitting there? The over/under was set at 6 weeks).
Old 09-25-2017, 09:04 PM   #66
CincyHorseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGarMan View Post
Just to wrap things up, we had a GREAT time at PARX yesterday....

We made the 2 hour drive, and took in the entire card...While it was HOT outside, there was plenty of Air Con upstairs....

5 Stakes races, , two Grade 1's .... Got 2 free hats, the FREE ADMISSION and free parking , and dinner at Chickie & Petes... And, I CRUSHED all 5 stakes races... (Special thanks to Page McKenney !!!!! ) For us , the PA Derby day remains on of the best values on the yearly schedule.....

Thanks to all ! :
Hell yes brother!
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2017, 09:08 PM   #67
CincyHorseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
This is ridiculous. The guy has done a fine job for at least three decades that I know about. The news about Irap didn't even come out until later in the day.
Absolutely. He has some really funny calls too and you don't get that much!
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply