Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Poll: Who is the better derby contender?
Poll Options
Who is the better derby contender?

Old 04-19-2014, 01:40 PM   #1
Smarty Cide
Veteran

Hoppertunity vs Wicked Strong

Who is the better derby prospect?
Smarty Cide is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-21-2014, 11:41 PM   #2
PoloUK6108

Smarty Cide I think we like the same horses. You posted the thread about betting Chrome, so you definitely like him. Then, you've been posting all these polls comparing contenders to Hoppertunity. So you like him too. Am I right? Only reason I notice is because I love Hoppertunity and Chrome scares me.
PoloUK6108 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-22-2014, 07:27 AM   #3
Smarty Cide
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoloUK6108
Smarty Cide I think we like the same horses. You posted the thread about betting Chrome, so you definitely like him. Then, you've been posting all these polls comparing contenders to Hoppertunity. So you like him too. Am I right? Only reason I notice is because I love Hoppertunity and Chrome scares me.

no not really, i got a few polls with hoppertunity because if you notice i kinda went tournament style. hoppertunity and wicked strong each won the previous 2 polls. thus this is like the 'finals'. obviously iv left chrome out cause he would win every poll.... but find it interesting to see who the majority think is his biggest threat
Smarty Cide is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2014, 05:12 PM   #4
Matt Bryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty Cide
Who is the better derby prospect?
I'd currently side with Hoppertunity, for various reasons. However, I do plan to take a hard look at Wicked Strong, although I suspect he'll be an underlay by post time.

There are a lot of obvious reasons to like CC, but also enough not to like for this particular race. I'll be surprised if he's not in the money, but as mentioned numerous times already - this is the KY. Derby.
Matt Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2014, 05:38 PM   #5
lamboguy

i have always said that horse racing is not about picking winners, its about evaluating risk. i will look at this matchup the day of the race and evaluate it at that time.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2014, 07:44 PM   #6
Leparoux

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
i have always said that horse racing is not about picking winners, its about evaluating risk. i will look at this matchup the day of the race and evaluate it at that time.
Great way to look at it. All my instincts say try to beat Chrome but I've yet to land one one (or two) who I'm confident in doing so.
Leparoux is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2014, 10:19 PM   #7
HUSKER55

I keep getting the feeling that CC is vulnerable. It seems the other contenders have competition ranked higher. If the speed holds CC will be a tough nut.

There is a lot of consistent horses running.

Opinions???

No Balls.......No baby!

Have you ever noticed that those who do not have a pot to piss in nor a window to throw it out of always seem to know how to handle the money of those who do.
HUSKER55 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply