Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:56 PM   #1
SecretAgentMan

Lightbulb What Derby Horses Are Easy Throw Outs

Here are my throw outs for winning the KD that are easy IMO.....

Uncle Sigh
WildCard
Candy Boy
Cairo Prince
Albano
General A Rod
Ring Weekend
Samraat
MidnightHawk
WeMissArtie
Intense Holiday
--------------------------------

Possible plays for win:

Constitution (never raced as a 2 year old)

Hoppertunity (never raced as a 2 year old)

Vicars In Trouble

Chitu

Tapiture

California Chrome (last 2 races are very impressive)
SecretAgentMan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2014, 03:02 PM   #2
onefast99

Sunday night you will know the 20 plus eligible, let's wait until then to throw them out!
Old 04-09-2014, 03:09 PM   #3
Smarty Cide
Veteran

I wouldnt throw out Samraat

I do like Vicars In Trouble as a good sleeper pick.

I dont see what everyone sees in Tapature.

I do like Hoppertunity to hit somewhere in the super.

I dont think tossing Ciaro Prince is too smart. He can be a sneaky play. Remember last race he was coming off a long layoff.

I do like Chitu to clunk up and hit the super too.

I dont think anyone can compete with California Chrome

I do think its possible for Cal Chrome to lose however considering there are 20 horses and trip and pace wise alot can go wrong.

I dont think there is a better 3 year old since Big Brown however. Go Cal Chrome. If your a fan of horse racing you need to root for California Chrome to do it. And he has a legit triple crown shot. Hope he stays healthy and things break the right way for him. Its only a chance but he looks damn good
Smarty Cide is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2014, 03:28 PM   #4
SecretAgentMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty Cide
I wouldnt throw out Samraat

I do like Vicars In Trouble as a good sleeper pick.

I dont see what everyone sees in Tapature.

I do like Hoppertunity to hit somewhere in the super.

I dont think tossing Ciaro Prince is too smart. He can be a sneaky play. Remember last race he was coming off a long layoff.

I do like Chitu to clunk up and hit the super too.

I dont think anyone can compete with California Chrome

I do think its possible for Cal Chrome to lose however considering there are 20 horses and trip and pace wise alot can go wrong.

I dont think there is a better 3 year old since Big Brown however. Go Cal Chrome. If your a fan of horse racing you need to root for California Chrome to do it. And he has a legit triple crown shot. Hope he stays healthy and things break the right way for him. Its only a chance but he looks damn good

IMO, Chrome is better than Big Brown going into this derby.......

I see quite a few people stating Chrome will be too close to the pace & will get burnt out. I disagree, in the derby, stalkers sitting behind the pace do quite well.

Silver Charm did quite well, as did Funny Code. Also, Smarty Jones as well ran like Chrome does. Barbaro had the same running style as well.......we haven't had a decent stalker sit right behind the pace since 2008, Big Brown. I'll Have Another was a stalker like these as*well in 2011 but didn't have the flash the others I mentioned before him.
Old 04-09-2014, 03:31 PM   #5
SecretAgentMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefast99
Sunday night you will know the 20 plus eligible, let's wait until then to throw them out!

I wish they drew post positions right after the preps this coming weekend but since there are injuries, etc......that will never happen. As for throwing out hordes this early, its not too hard except for the bottom 16-20 because some may make it while others get kicked out.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:30 PM   #6
Stillriledup
Veteran

Gen A Rod a throwout?
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2014, 07:47 PM   #7
Smarty Cide
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgentMan
IMO, Chrome is better than Big Brown going into this derby.......

I see quite a few people stating Chrome will be too close to the pace & will get burnt out. I disagree, in the derby, stalkers sitting behind the pace do quite well.

Silver Charm did quite well, as did Funny Code. Also, Smarty Jones as well ran like Chrome does. Barbaro had the same running style as well.......we haven't had a decent stalker sit right behind the pace since 2008, Big Brown. I'll Have Another was a stalker like these as*well in 2011 but didn't have the flash the others I mentioned before him.

i dont know about that, big brown went off at 2-1. i cant see chromeo going off any less then that
Smarty Cide is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2014, 08:06 PM   #8
FlyinLate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty Cide
i dont know about that, big brown went off at 2-1. i cant see chromeo going off any less then that
This is due large in part to the "Mine That Bird" syndrome that has run rampant. Brinks trucks worth of money being bet on all the 30-1 morning lines as the 1 race a year bettors are wanting the next big score.

Even so, if Bayern flops in Ark Derby, 1-2 injuries occur over the next month (which is normal), and Chrome draws well....2-1 is not out of the question.
FlyinLate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2014, 08:32 PM   #9
ten2oneormore

Come on guys California Chrome doesn't belong in the same sentence as the horses you mention.

Big Brown and Smarty Jones were two of the most dominant 2/3 year olds ever.They were also undefeated at this point while CC has been beaten several times.CC hasn't even left Cali yet while Big Brown and Smarty had already won in NY/FL & PA/NY/ARK.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:42 PM   #10
TMQ
Longacres transplant

Better then Big Brown? What are you guys smoking....either way pass it my way
TMQ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2014, 09:05 PM   #11
Rise Over Run
Slope Handicapping ™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten2oneormore
Big Brown and Smarty Jones were two of the most dominant 2/3 year olds ever.
Yeah, they were two of the most dominant 2/3 year olds to ever hit a race track.... BB smoked a group of overmatched MSW foes on the turf closing day at SAR in his only race at 2; And SJ won two races at Philly Park, a MSW and PA Bred Stakes Race..... At 3, they each had their ~ 6 months of fame. SJ couldn't even get back to racing after the Belmont and was still crippled a year later. BB couldn't even finish the Belmont, although he did manage to win two stakes races at Monmouth that were essentially written for him to win.

Our learning institutions only want diversity in appearances, not in thoughts.
Rise Over Run is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2014, 09:19 PM   #12
Leparoux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise Over Run
Yeah, they were two of the most dominant 2/3 year olds to ever hit a race track.... BB smoked a group of overmatched MSW foes on the turf closing day at SAR in his only race at 2; And SJ won two races at Philly Park, a MSW and PA Bred Stakes Race..... At 3, they each had their ~ 6 months of fame. SJ couldn't even get back to racing after the Belmont and was still crippled a year later. BB couldn't even finish the Belmont, although he did manage to win two stakes races at Monmouth that were essentially written for him to win.
The Haskell isn't considered a quality win??
Leparoux is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2014, 09:40 PM   #13
SecretAgentMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise Over Run

Exactly......someone understanding that Smarty & Big Brown didn't best any good horses to get to the derby.

Smarty best Pro Prado 3 times.....Big Brown beat who previously attending the KD? LoL!

You don't have to beat good horses to get to the KD & win it......you just have to be peaking at the right time & some luck also helps.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:06 PM   #14
Thebigguy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgentMan
Here are my throw outs for winning the KD that are easy IMO.....

Uncle Sigh
WildCard
Candy Boy
Cairo Prince
Albano
General A Rod
Ring Weekend
Samraat
MidnightHawk
WeMissArtie
Intense Holiday
--------------------------------

Possible plays for win:

Constitution (never raced as a 2 year old)

Hoppertunity (never raced as a 2 year old)

Vicars In Trouble

Chitu

Tapiture

California Chrome (last 2 races are very impressive)

1/3 of your tosses wont even be in the race.
California Chrome and Constitution are 2 horses Im strongly against, and wont even include on deep spread exotic wagers.
Uncle Sigh is a very good horse who ran much better then it looks on paper last Saturday.

Last edited by Thebigguy; 04-09-2014 at 10:07 PM.
Thebigguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2014, 01:01 AM   #15
SecretAgentMan

The horses I three out are the ones I don't like at all, doesn't mean others won't like them. I know we still have 2 prep races to go that count. I'm ready for Saturday......