Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-04-2020, 08:22 PM   #1
LIRR Belmont

American Racing Manual Inquiry (1990-1993)

Hello all.

Been lurking on the site from afar the past few years and finally registered.

I have a request from those of you who may have hard copies of the American Racing Manual, specifically the years 1990-1993.

First the back story: I'm trying to maintain a renewed interest in horse racing (my peak years were around 1985-1995) so I went ahead and purchased the Daily Racing Form's 2020 American Racing Manual online version for my handy reference guide. I used to have hard copies of the ARM during my peak interest years but long since sold them and my collection of media guides on eBay.

Watching Tacitus' Suburban performance today made me want to look up top 1-1/4 times, especially at Belmont. I do recall that one of the features in the ARM publication then was a list comprising all of the fastest 1-1/4 mile dirt times under 2:00 in history. Unfortunately that is no longer a feature and the listing now only shows times clocked between 1991-2019.

For any of you that have a hard copy of the ARM from those years 1990-1993, would it be possible for you to make a high resolution copy of those 1-1/4 mile time pages and post them here or send me a Private Message (if that's a feature on this forum)?

I would appreciate it very much.

Last edited by LIRR Belmont; 07-04-2020 at 08:23 PM.
LIRR Belmont is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-05-2020, 12:23 AM   #2
devilsbag
Prefer to be called Dinny

Unfortunately, scanning the book and getting all of the info would damage the spine. Not my prettiest work, but I assume this attachment from the 1994 ARM is better than nothing. If you save it and zoom in, you should be able to read it.

The good news is that if you have been away since 1995, you haven't missed much. You might want to brace yourself for the bad news. In case you didn't know, Cigar's streak was eventually broken.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10F.jpg (256.5 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by devilsbag; 07-05-2020 at 12:25 AM.
devilsbag is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-05-2020, 12:54 AM   #3
plainolebill

Spectacular Bid and Quack 1-2 I think 1:57 4/5 and 1:58 1/5 respectively.
plainolebill is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-05-2020, 10:12 AM   #4
LIRR Belmont

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsbag View Post
Unfortunately, scanning the book and getting all of the info would damage the spine. Not my prettiest work, but I assume this attachment from the 1994 ARM is better than nothing. If you save it and zoom in, you should be able to read it.

The good news is that if you have been away since 1995, you haven't missed much. You might want to brace yourself for the bad news. In case you didn't know, Cigar's streak was eventually broken.
Thank you very much devilsbag! It is much appreciated and is exactly the information that I need. I guess my memory is foggy as I thought it the ARM had an all-time list of under 2-minute times. Maybe it's always been a set period of 30 years or so that they went back.

LOL on the Cigar comment. Made my morning when I read it.
I've still been following horse racing since 1995, just very rarely. My daily interest in the game started a steep decline around that time to what it is now where I only pay attention 5 days per year (TC, BC). Had some blips with the 2 recent Triple Crowns with keeping up on events and races during the year but it didn't last. Hopefully it will stick this time.
LIRR Belmont is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: