Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-19-2017, 11:59 AM   #1
Teach

Dear Diary...

Dear Diary,

February 18, 2017

POTUS rally at Melbourne-Orlando airport hangar.

POTUS and Melania exit Air Force One. They become visible to crowd and TV cameras.

The Star-Spangled Banner and then Auld Lang Syne are played over sound system. POTUS arrives inside the hangar. Melania recites “The Lord’s Prayer” (POTUS: “totally unexpected”). Everything’s choreographed. Stage-managed.

Full of “glittering generalities”. Then, and throughout entire speech, e.g., the flag, freedom, democracy, birthright, security, peace, tradition, prosperity, patriotism, etc.

POTUS begins with tirade against press. The press: “They don’t want to report the truth”. Brings up past presidents, .e.g., Jefferson, Jackson, etc. and their complaints about the press. Fact: most presidents, even very popular ones, had their problems with the press. The press serve as a watchdog. A caretaker. They are most definitely needed and appreciated in a free society. A muted press…that how dictatorships start! POTUS reads a remark about Thomas Jefferson’s problems with the press. POTUS cites June 14, 1807 (“My birthday, June 14”). Finally, a member of POTUS’s own Cabinet, Defense Secretary Jim Mattis, does not see the press as the enemy of the American people.

The White House. Everything’s “going so smoothly”. Your NSA guy, “Lock Her Up” Michael Flynn, resigns after only a few weeks. Inherited “one big mess”. Hyperbole?

“Clean, very clean coal”. Yet, do away with EPA regulations to protect the environment. Now possible to dump debris (sludge) into rivers and stream near coal mines. Pollute. Despoil the environment in the name of profit. This policy is only going to come back to haunt us. Massive cleanups. Not to mention death of endangered species and illness to people living near the site. “Do you think I’d pollute my own backyard?” coal company executives. Later in speech, EPA “clogging the veins of our country”. Profit! Profit! Profit! Even at the cost of our children and grandchildren’s health and well-being!

“Look what’s happening last night in Sweden.” What happened? Sweden doesn’t know what POTUS is talking about.

“Level Playing Field”. Getting more tilted as we speak. How many of those POTUS supporters in that hangar in Melbourne could afford the $200,000 entry fee (just raised by POTUS after he took office) and the $14,000 annual dues at Mar-a-Lago. My guess: (a clue) It would look like a “goose egg”.

Companies are going to pay a big price for leaving the country and doing business, elsewhere. “Exit Tax”?

“Stock market hitting new highs.” I personally wouldn’t rush in. Further, I don’t believe POTUS can take all the credit. The stock market has an incubation period. Some of the success for the current stock market highs can be traced back to the Obama administration.

Shinzo Abe of Japan…first thing he said to me, “thank you,” for saving him money on F-35s. I thought Japan’s JSDF was involved with internal matters, not external ones.

Supporter comes up on the stage. Says a few words. As he’s leaving, “A Star is Born”!

“Great border wall”…”start very shortly.” Once completed, antiquated.

Judicial decision handed down on immigration ban “not politically correct”. Should have said “he/she”. In the same nitpicking vein, Mr. President, it’s “kazem”.

Court’s “so unfair”. So is life, Mr. President.

“Safe zones” in Syria (so they won’t come here). “Gulf States pay for this.” Just as Mexico will pay for “The Wall”. “We want people who love us. Cherish us.” People will love us and cherish us for what we stand for. The ideals that we’ve stood for over the years. That’s why people have come to America. We’re a beacon of hope. A land of opportunity. A nation of immigrants.

Again the cry of the campaign: “Drain the swamp”! Replaced with tycoons, corporate heads and Wall Street executives? Cha-Ching! Cha- Ching! Plutarchy.

“Tactics of Delay”. Sadly, Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia died about a year ago. There were several months before the election, a replacement, Merrick Garland, was put forth. Yet, not even the courtesy of a committee hearing.

New Tax code. Tax rate improvements for all Americans. The top 0.1 percent would receive more tax relief than the bottom 60 percent of taxpayers combined. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. “Slip Slidin Away…”

“Nationwide Heathcare Tragedy” (Obamacare). Why are so many people signing up? Ever been to the ER on a Saturday night? SRO. “You Ain’t Seen Nuthin Yet!”

“Eighteen Years Ago you were making more at one job…” Takes working two or three jobs. Doubtful. Extremely doubtful. Raise the minimum wage!

We’ve been fighting “politically correct” wars. Just because our enemy, ISIS, wrongfully beheads people, that doesn’t mean that we should do the same. Let’s maintain our high moral standard. We’re better than that.

Again, in closing, the same glittering generalities: “New Loyalty” “All Brothers and All Sisters” “One Glorious American Flag” “History and Providence”.

The end: As POTUS and Melania left the stage, they make frequent waving stops along the way. It reminded me of “The Jimmy Durante Show” of the 1950s. “Good Night. Good Night. Good Night. It’s Time To Say Goodnight. Good Night Mrs. Calabash…Wherever You Are?”

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2017, 12:42 PM   #2
johnhannibalsmith

Dear Teach,

Please don't use me and throw me away.

Much love,

Diary

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2017, 12:44 PM   #3
chrisl

Their is some issues here. I hope Teach is OK. I wish my best for him.
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2017, 01:58 PM   #4
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Dear PaceAdvantage,

HELP ME!!!

Diary
Old 02-19-2017, 02:33 PM   #5
zico20

If Obama can take credit for saving the entire planet from a great depression as he claims, why can't Trump take credit for the stock market.
Old 02-19-2017, 03:12 PM   #6
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl
Their is some issues here. I hope Teach is OK. I wish my best for him.
The issues is proofreading.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: