Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 02-21-2022, 07:06 PM   #16
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Everything has been pretty much explained already in this thread.

Why would you even want home delivery of the paper form when you can get it electronically? I'm guessing far cheaper than having the paper delivered (if they offered such a thing in Canada, which they obviously do not).

https://www1.drf.com/DigitalNewspaper/MainMenu.do
I like the "hard copy" of the actual paper and using it in the future for backtesting and keeping records of horses etc that's all

I am not computer savvy or at least not that advanced in it but if I did have the actual paper in front of me it would be easier for me

The whole point of this thread was to find out if I could get the paper delivered to my home so I guess the answer is No

But then again how can convenience stores and bars and OTB's here have the DRF delivered? Where do you sign up to do that and do they work with the tracks or someone to bring it to them?

Last edited by CheckMark; 02-21-2022 at 07:08 PM.
CheckMark is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2022, 07:18 PM   #17
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckMark View Post
But then again how can convenience stores and bars and OTB's here have the DRF delivered?
It's on the same truck that delivers them the National Post, Toronto Star, Le Journal de Montréal, The Globe and Mail, etc. etc. etc...but that's just a guess.
Old 02-21-2022, 08:11 PM   #18
Clocker

Quote:
It's on the same truck that delivers them the National Post, Toronto Star, Le Journal de Montréal, The Globe and Mail, etc. etc. etc...but that's just a guess.
That would be my first guess. But years ago when I lived in Omaha, the little convenience store up at the corner would usually get the next day's Ak-Sar-Ben edition of the Form around 7PM or so. Don't know about other editions when Aks was dark.
Old 02-22-2022, 12:03 AM   #19
metro

For U.S. residents, and not being sure how old the web page is to the link that the OP provided, but if the current price is the same as the one listed in the promo then home delivery for a week's worth of DRFs is $25, the digital version is $27.95. Only catch is that you have to commit to four weeks or $100 worth.

Seems like a helluva deal if you're an everyday player and have a reliable postmaster for your delivery area. Heck it's about a gallon of gas to and from my nearest DRF source as it is now, not to mention the traffic and time wasted.
metro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-22-2022, 02:06 PM   #20
Dan Montilion

Try getting the name of the vendor that delivers DRF to the closest outlet to your address. Then contact them, you would need to work a deal with them. Be prepared to have them laugh at you because my guess is that they do not make more than 70 cents per copy. Most of the vendors, at least in Northern California also deliver other products as in scratch sheets, Todays Racing Digest, magazines etc...

Anthony Bourdain
Dan Montilion is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-22-2022, 08:06 PM   #21
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Montilion View Post
Try getting the name of the vendor that delivers DRF to the closest outlet to your address. Then contact them, you would need to work a deal with them. Be prepared to have them laugh at you because my guess is that they do not make more than 70 cents per copy. Most of the vendors, at least in Northern California also deliver other products as in scratch sheets, Todays Racing Digest, magazines etc...
That's actually a good idea to check that out

I will see about my local racetrack first to see who delivers them there and then after see about locations around me for the delivery/vendor guy

Thanks
Old 02-22-2022, 09:29 PM   #22
thespaah

Quote:
Everything has been pretty much explained already in this thread.

Why would you even want home delivery of the paper form when you can get it electronically? I'm guessing far cheaper than having the paper delivered (if they offered such a thing in Canada, which they obviously do not).

https://www1.drf.com/DigitalNewspaper/MainMenu.do
I'm thinking the OP is one of these old school guys who just like the feel of a newspaper in hand.
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-23-2022, 09:34 AM   #23
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Nothing like cracking open a crisp, new Form, thumbing through the first pages, scanning the news, until you hit the 1st race at NYRA. Then just flipping through seeing what's on the menu before getting down to business.
Old 02-23-2022, 12:15 PM   #24
Boomer

Does the black ink still get on your fingertips and all over your clothes and face?
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-23-2022, 12:52 PM   #25
Longshot6977

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespaah View Post
I'm thinking the OP is one of these old school guys who just like the feel of a newspaper in hand.
LOL, actually, I think Checkmark is 20 or 21 years old. I give him a lot of credit for having an interest in horseracing at such a young age when his friends are probably betting sports or playing poker or something.

Last edited by Longshot6977; 02-23-2022 at 12:54 PM.
Longshot6977 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-23-2022, 01:10 PM   #26
Red Knave
dGnr8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Nothing like cracking open a crisp, new Form
Am I remembering right that you had to separate the pages because they were attached with perforations at the top?

As a very young man, about the OP's age, buying an artists canvas which I'm guessing was 18 by 24, cutting it in half and using vinyl tape to hold the halves together like a hardcover book. The Form fit inside there like it was made for it and made it much easier to write on the PPs. I carried that thing every time I went to the track for years.

The takers get the honey, the givers sing the blues - Robin Trower, Too Rolling Stoned - 1974
Red Knave is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-23-2022, 02:15 PM   #27
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot6977 View Post
LOL, actually, I think Checkmark is 20 or 21 years old. I give him a lot of credit for having an interest in horseracing at such a young age when his friends are probably betting sports or playing poker or something.
Thanks longshot! Appreciate the kind words!

And yes 20 Year’s old

Last edited by CheckMark; 02-23-2022 at 02:19 PM.
CheckMark is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-23-2022, 02:16 PM   #28
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Nothing like cracking open a crisp, new Form, thumbing through the first pages, scanning the news, until you hit the 1st race at NYRA. Then just flipping through seeing what's on the menu before getting down to business.
BANG ON! Literally every time I open up the Form!
Old 02-23-2022, 02:17 PM   #29
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Does the black ink still get on your fingertips and all over your clothes and face?
Yes sir and if I am Handicapping long enough it will get on my arms and legs

It’s only in the summer when it gets on my legs since I am wearing shorts and like to put the Form in my lap while looking over the card.
Old 02-23-2022, 02:19 PM   #30
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespaah View Post
Old school yes

Just the Form, ball point pen (NO RED=bad luck), yellow highlighter and a calculator is all I need

Well maybe a brain and my glasses (close up is good but far away I need them) too anyone is wanting to know lol