Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-01-2018, 06:24 PM   #121
woodtoo

Monica Crowley tweet:
"This is the first of many memos. As bad as this memo may be, my understanding is there's worse coming down the pike."

Say it aint so Joe!!
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-01-2018, 08:06 PM   #122
davew

this is kind of funny, but probably has more truth than it should

https://politics.theonion.com/fbi-wa...ass-1822639681
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-01-2018, 08:26 PM   #123
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
Rep. Jeff Duncan tweet: " Having read "The Memo" the FBI is right to have "grave concerns" as it will shake the organisation down to its core-showing Americans just how the agency was weaponized by the Obama officials/DNC/HRC to target political adversaries."
Whatever it takes to restore the rule of law so be it, go after pensions and legal actions against anyone who it can be proved broke the law at the direction of any person or persons in power. What they are really trying to do here is not just prevent things from coming to light this time, but protect many inside the chain of command from being ordered to appear in court.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-01-2018, 08:50 PM   #124
JustRalph
Just another Facist

A couple more days, we won’t need the memo....

It’s pretty clear what’s coming
Old 02-01-2018, 08:59 PM   #125
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post

And this Wray character heads up the FIB (I meant to say the FBI, sorry)? How did someone with such limited critical thinking skills get the job in the first place? Case in point:

“If we take away the people’s faith in this shadowy monolith exempt from any consequences, all that’s left is an extensive network of rogue, unelected intelligence officers carrying out extrajudicial missions for a variety of subjective, and occasionally personal, reasons.”

First of all, he's all but making an admission of wrongdoing here! Why would he assume that the memo is going to have such a high negative impact on the American public? If there's nothing but the truth in there concerning those involved in the DOJ and FBI, then why shouldn't the American public come away with anything but praise for these two organizations?

Oh wait...I know...there's this preemptive strike kind of claim also out there that this memo has "material omissions" in it, which of course means the public won't be able to decide fairly because they don't have all the facts. Or to state this in other terms, the memo will be sorely lacking needed context. So, once again...the brainiacs in the FBI and the Dimwit Party have a solution for this: Don't give Americans any of the facts! This is their logic! Since all the facts are not laid out for the American people, then let's give Americans nothing. Nada. Zip. But it is begging to be asked: If there are "material omission" of facts, then why not inform the American public of those facts? Why not fill us in? Why not bring us to up to speed? Why not provide that much needed context?

And this brings me to the next point which builds on the last question: Why hide anything at all when Nunez has been accused of tampering and editing the memo? By the FBI supplying all the missing data, wouldn't this present a fantastic opportunity to bring Nunez, and by extension the entire GOP, down!? Wouldn't all the facts shine the light of truth upon Nunez's dastardly and "treasonous" deeds? Wouldn't Nunez, at the very least, be forced to resign from Congress out of shame and humiliation? It seems to me from where I'm sitting, that the Dems and Deep State and the FBI, DOJ, Intelligence Community and whoever else may be involved in all this have an excellent opportunity to kill three birds with one stone: Trump, Nunez and the entire Republican Party -- simply by being open, honest and transparent with the American people. Why would the Dems pass up such a once-in-a-lifetime golden opportunity?

So, why hide anything at all? Wouldn't complete transparency increase the faith of the American people in this "shadowy monolith" that operates in the ivoy-towered, lily white halls of the DOJ, FBI and Intelligence community?. If the real concern of the Dems and the FBI is how the American people are going to react to some of the truth, fearing, very obviously (but also very oddly), that very many if not most Americans will recoil in disgust, then the way to head this kind of PR disaster off at the pass is to bring everything out in the open, especially since we all know that the Dems and the FBI have absolutely nothing to hide and, therefore, nothing to fear...except of course their own fears.

Last edited by boxcar; 02-01-2018 at 09:02 PM.
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-01-2018, 10:10 PM   #126
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post

I think that damage happened a long time ago.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-01-2018, 10:11 PM   #127
chadk66

I hope this doesn't come out for a few more days. It's getting really entertaining watching the squirming going on. Hard to get this kind of entertainment for free.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-01-2018, 10:59 PM   #128
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
And this Wray character heads up the FIB (I meant to say the FBI, sorry)? How did someone with such limited critical thinking skills get the job in the first place? Case in point:

“If we take away the people’s faith in this shadowy monolith exempt from any consequences, all that’s left is an extensive network of rogue, unelected intelligence officers carrying out extrajudicial missions for a variety of subjective, and occasionally personal, reasons.”

First of all, he's all but making an admission of wrongdoing here! Why would he assume that the memo is going to have such a high negative impact on the American public? If there's nothing but the truth in there concerning those involved in the DOJ and FBI, then why shouldn't the American public come away with anything but praise for these two organizations?

Oh wait...I know...there's this preemptive strike kind of claim also out there that this memo has "material omissions" in it, which of course means the public won't be able to decide fairly because they don't have all the facts. Or to state this in other terms, the memo will be sorely lacking needed context. So, once again...the brainiacs in the FBI and the Dimwit Party have a solution for this: Don't give Americans any of the facts! This is their logic! Since all the facts are not laid out for the American people, then let's give Americans nothing. Nada. Zip. But it is begging to be asked: If there are "material omission" of facts, then why not inform the American public of those facts? Why not fill us in? Why not bring us to up to speed? Why not provide that much needed context?

And this brings me to the next point which builds on the last question: Why hide anything at all when Nunez has been accused of tampering and editing the memo? By the FBI supplying all the missing data, wouldn't this present a fantastic opportunity to bring Nunez, and by extension the entire GOP, down!? Wouldn't all the facts shine the light of truth upon Nunez's dastardly and "treasonous" deeds? Wouldn't Nunez, at the very least, be forced to resign from Congress out of shame and humiliation? It seems to me from where I'm sitting, that the Dems and Deep State and the FBI, DOJ, Intelligence Community and whoever else may be involved in all this have an excellent opportunity to kill three birds with one stone: Trump, Nunez and the entire Republican Party -- simply by being open, honest and transparent with the American people. Why would the Dems pass up such a once-in-a-lifetime golden opportunity?

So, why hide anything at all? Wouldn't complete transparency increase the faith of the American people in this "shadowy monolith" that operates in the ivoy-towered, lily white halls of the DOJ, FBI and Intelligence community?. If the real concern of the Dems and the FBI is how the American people are going to react to some of the truth, fearing, very obviously (but also very oddly), that very many if not most Americans will recoil in disgust, then the way to head this kind of PR disaster off at the pass is to bring everything out in the open, especially since we all know that the Dems and the FBI have absolutely nothing to hide and, therefore, nothing to fear...except of course their own fears.
just to be clear, the onion is a parody site, similar to the crap mostpost always references.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-01-2018, 11:40 PM   #129
woodtoo

they had a FISA on Manafort for a long time prior to 2016 thats how they knew about those old crimes (pre-Trump) he was finally charged with.

Manafort may have been set up or part of the set up.

This is uglier than even I suspected....the Bigly Big Ugly....

of course Crooked Hilary is involved to the top of the collars of her pantsuits....
Old 02-01-2018, 11:44 PM   #130
woodtoo

C.Wray may be okay as he was brought in after the Comey firing with Trumps approval.
Old 02-02-2018, 12:11 AM   #131
woodtoo

The 3 lawyers for Manafort and Gates just quit. They probably realized they were being spied on under the same FISA as Manafort.
Old 02-02-2018, 12:40 AM   #132
Ocala Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post

And this Wray character heads up the FIB (I meant to say the FBI, sorry)? How did someone with such limited critical thinking skills get the job in the first place?
Hand-picked by the greatest president of all time, including Washington and Lincoln. "Only the best people" for his administration.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-02-2018, 01:13 AM   #133
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike View Post
Hand-picked by the greatest president of all time, including Washington and Lincoln. "Only the best people" for his administration.
Based on actions so far, I think he has a good shot at "the greatest president of this century" to date.
Old 02-02-2018, 08:20 AM   #134
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike View Post
Trump knows he isn't perfect. I believe he has corrected hire mistakes in the past with pink slips.

And I don't recall anyone here saying Trump is the greatest president ever. I certainly never did. But I will say that he is the most needed kind of president at this time in American history.

Just for the record to try to keep you from going off the deep end for your own welfare...
Old 02-02-2018, 09:27 AM   #135
woodtoo

Ground hog day is a day of reckoning, will he see his shadow government?

The tears of the swamp runneth over.