Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 12-10-2022, 03:41 PM   #1
Cholly

Silver Seeker, AQ 7

Not that I had it, but hindsight being 20-20, this one should have been obvious:

https://www.equibase.com/profiles/Re...e=T&eID=261965

When that LaCroix Gang gets off their duff and trailers this horse from Illinois to New York, they mean business.
Cholly is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2022, 03:47 PM   #2
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cholly View Post
Not that I had it, but hindsight being 20-20, this one should have been obvious:

When that LaCroix Gang gets off their duff and trailers this horse from Illinois to New York, they mean business.
The trainer is 0 for 30 over the last 26+ months.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2022, 04:23 PM   #3
Cholly

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
The trainer is 0 for 30 over the last 26+ months.
I take you didn't have him either..The trainer is 2 for 2 in New York with this horse over the last 36 months.
Cholly is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2022, 06:52 PM   #4
the little guy

Quote:
I take you didn't have him either..The trainer is 2 for 2 in New York with this horse over the last 36 months.
I'm off and barely looking. I happened to see that race and looked the horse up after the race. You made a comment about a trainer that hasn't won a race in over two years "meaning business." The horse ran in NY because he's a NY Bred.
Old 12-10-2022, 06:58 PM   #5
$w1fT
SaratogaFan1

Quote:
36 months is a long time….
$w1fT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-11-2022, 11:01 AM   #6
v j stauffer

Quote:

36 months is a long time.

But if the last time this guy brought him to NY he won it doesn't matter if he is 0 for 236.

In fact you'd want him to be tragic elsewhere.

Real handicappers live for angles like that.

No way he catches that bus unless he was doing GREAT.

Excellent insight.

Despite what some others say!
Old 12-11-2022, 11:13 AM   #7
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
36 months is a long time.

But if the last time this guy brought him to NY he won it doesn't matter if he is 0 for 236.

In fact you'd want him to be tragic elsewhere.

Real handicappers live for angles like that.

No way he catches that bus unless he was doing GREAT.

Excellent insight.

Despite what some others say!
Interesting that you completely ignore the real reason the horse ran at Aqueduct. It's a NY bred.

Also, when the horse last raced in NY, it came here in good form, and its performance was hardly out of line with it's prior, non-turf, efforts. This was not the case this time. Not even close in fact.

The post was a redboard after the race was run. If someone pointed this out before the race, whether one agreed or not, it had gravitas. Anyone can tell you why a longshot was playable after a race, Vic.

Your pandering here may be continually fooling some, but it doesn't fool all.
Old 12-11-2022, 11:16 AM   #8
v j stauffer

Quote:
Interesting that you completely ignore the real reason the horse ran at Aqueduct. It's a NY bred.

The post was a redboard after the race was run. If someone pointed this out before the race, whether one agreed or not, it had gravitas. Anyone can tell you why a longshot was playable after a race, Vic.

Your pandering here may be continually fooling some, but it doesn't fool all.
I know he was a NY bred.

I didn't know anything about this race until this morning and thought it was an interesting HANDICAPPING discussion.

Much can be learned after a race is run win or lose.

As for your personal attacks. Well that's just you being you.

You might want to re-think them though.

It's a HORRIBLE look.

We're just handicapping here.

Really SAD.
Old 12-11-2022, 11:21 AM   #9
the little guy

The other fallacy of the OP is that this trainer is dangerous shipping to NY. He's 1 for 1, with this horse, under completely different circumstances. Not a sample size that is any way reliable, to say the least.

The horse won. It improved dramatically second off a near three year layoff, running a significantly "faster" race than it had ever run. Hard to believe any successful player would find 19:1 value knowing that would be necessary in order for the horse to win.

It won. Making up a reason we should have bet it after the race, especially one that falls apart so readily under even mild scrutiny, isn't actually helping anyone. It's just redboarding. People do it all the time, we probably all have at least at some point, but applauding it is actually more harmful than taking it apart.
Old 12-11-2022, 11:27 AM   #10
the little guy

Quote:
I know he was a NY bred.

I didn't know anything about this race until this morning and thought it was an interesting HANDICAPPING discussion.

Much can be learned after a race is run win or lose.

As for your personal attacks. Well that's just you being you.

You might want to re-think them though.

It's a HORRIBLE look.

We're just handicapping here.

Really SAD.
You can keep pandering, Vic, I know nothing will stop you, but I obviously don't care. Your original post was an attack at me, many here know that, and now you pretend to be offended when it gets thrown back at you. Hey, maybe I'm giving your intelligence more credit than it deserves, and if so I apologize, but I doubt it. You're a very clever guy.
Old 12-11-2022, 11:27 AM   #11
v j stauffer

Quote:
The other fallacy of the OP is that this trainer is dangerous shipping to NY. He's 1 for 1, with this horse, under completely different circumstances. Not a sample size that is any way reliable, to say the least.

The horse won. It improved dramatically second off a near three year layoff, running a significantly "faster" race than it had ever run. Hard to believe any successful player would find 19:1 value knowing that would be necessary in order for the horse to win.

It won. Making up a reason we should have bet it after the race, especially one that falls apart so readily under even mild scrutiny, isn't actually helping anyone. It's just redboarding. People do it all the time, we probably all have at least at some point, but applauding it is actually more harmful than taking it apart.
I don't think it can be completely a fallacy despite different circumstances.

Sure any discussion after the fact can be called a redboard. I get that.

But someone out there noticed before the race. This guy never wins anywhere but the last time he brought this horse to NY he won.

That person cashed and that must make it a great and correct angle. In the immediate.
Old 12-11-2022, 11:30 AM   #12
the little guy

Quote:
I don't think it can be completely a fallacy despite different circumstances.

Sure any discussion after the fact can be called a redboard. I get that.

But someone out there noticed before the race. This guy never wins anywhere but the last time he brought this horse to NY he won.

That person cashed and that must make it a great and correct angle. In the immediate.
We can assume many people "notice" many things before the race, particularly about longshots, and for the most part they lose. In this specific example, a VERY flimsy reason we should have liked the horse was given AFTER the race, and you applauded it, while taking a shot at me.

Just the facts.
Old 12-11-2022, 11:33 AM   #13
v j stauffer

Quote:
You can keep pandering, Vic, I know nothing will stop you, but I obviously don't care. Your original post was an attack at me, many here know that, and now you pretend to be offended when it gets thrown back at you. Hey, maybe I'm giving your intelligence more credit than it deserves, and if so I apologize, but I doubt it. You're a very clever guy.
An ATTACK? C'mon man you're a New Yorker that's an attack? It was generic to anyone who didn't agree and that included you.

I'd sure to know why you're so obsessed with me?

Wouldn't your life be easier if you just ignored and laughed off that arrogant ass from Oaklawn?

Perhaps it's because despite having a decent opinion there is NOTHING, NOTHING is this industry you can do better than me.

TV
RADIO
HANDICAPPING
TOURNAMENT PLAY
AMBASSADORSHIP

NOTHING

Might want to consider continuing to bully elsewhere.

Last edited by v j stauffer; 12-11-2022 at 11:36 AM.
v j stauffer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-11-2022, 11:58 AM   #14
davew

Are these correct stats for Silver Seeker?
6 starts with 4 wins paying $178.20, $35.00, $20.20, $41.40

if so, horse has decent ROI
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-11-2022, 12:12 PM   #15
Boomer

Look at the video of His Hawthorne comeback. I'm curious if he even tried. Now that would be the story giving the horse an awful race( dirtying the line up) on the combacker and bringing him to NY sharp as a tack. Anyone have replays take a look and comment.
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply