Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 05-15-2018, 12:48 PM   #31
TiffaniO
Queen B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
You really stated the above?

He was syndicated for stallion duty. He was owned in whole by Meadow Stable until he retired to stud.
Actually no... they owned the horse as of February 26, 1972. 32 shares of which Ms Chenery had 4. She may still have been making the decisions. However he still had multiple owners as of that date.

Last edited by TiffaniO; 05-15-2018 at 12:50 PM.
TiffaniO is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2018, 01:03 PM   #32
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffaniO View Post
Actually no... they owned the horse as of February 26, 1972. 32 shares of which Ms Chenery had 4. She may still have been making the decisions. However he still had multiple owners as of that date.
Good Lord. You don't even know what stallion syndication is. That means his breeding rights were sold, not the racing rights. He was owned by Meadow Stables until he retired. Go look at the chart and you'll see it says "Meadow Stable" as the owner.

Not that any of this is relevant. Can I give you a box of Rice-a-Roni and send you on your way?

Last edited by Fager Fan; 05-15-2018 at 01:06 PM.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2018, 01:07 PM   #33
TiffaniO
Queen B

Quote:
Good Lord. You don't even know what stallion syndication is. That means his breeding rights were sold, not the racing rights. He was owned by Meadow Stables until he retired. Go look at the chart and you'll see it says "Meadow Stable" as the owner.
Actually I’m sure I know a lot more than you think... and your demeaning tone can take a hike.

Lots of owners aren’t listed on the program even though they are licensed and are legal owners of a certain horse...

Easiest question is... if Secretariat dropped dead on Feb 27,1972 would Chenery receive all the money or just 1/8. The answer shows you who the owners are...

Last edited by TiffaniO; 05-15-2018 at 01:10 PM.
Old 05-15-2018, 01:09 PM   #34
TiffaniO
Queen B

Quote:

Not that any of this is relevant. Can I give you a box of Rice-a-Roni and send you on your way?

I’m not going anywhere.
Old 05-15-2018, 01:20 PM   #35
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Actually I’m sure I know a lot more than you think... and your demeaning tone can take a hike.

MLots of owners aren’t listed on the program even though they are licensed and are legal owners of a certain horse...

Easiest question is... if Secretariat dropped dead on Feb 27,1972 would Chenery receive all the money or just 1/8. The answer shows you who the owners are...
When someone argues inane things, then yes, I tend to respond accordingly.

Easy answer. If he dropped dead on Feb 27, then the parties who would receive money would be the ones who had insurable interests and did indeed insure those interests. I've never seen the syndication contract, so I don't know if they paid for the breeding rights at the time of sale or if payment was due the date he retires and they receive the horse for his breeding rights. Without knowing this, I can't guess whether Chenery should've kept him fully insured until the date he retired or if she'd already been paid for his breeding rights and therefore had no need to insure, or when the syndicate members paid for their share and thus insure as of that date.

Chenery retained his racing rights and owned him fully until the date he retired.
Old 05-15-2018, 01:23 PM   #36
TiffaniO
Queen B

Quote:
When someone argues inane things, then yes, I tend to respond accordingly.

Easy answer. If he dropped dead on Feb 27, then the parties who would receive money would be the ones who had insurable interests and did indeed insure those interests. I've never seen the syndication contract, so I don't know if they paid for the breeding rights at the time of sale or if payment was due the date he retires and they receive the horse for his breeding rights. Without knowing this, I can't guess whether Chenery should've kept him fully insured until the date he retired or if she'd already been paid for his breeding rights and therefore had no need to insure, or when the syndicate members paid for their share and thus insure as of that date.

Chenery retained his racing rights and owned him fully until the date he retired.
Actually you’re wrong... because my Grandfather actually owned 2 shares thus how I know details. She did make racing decisions but she only owned 1/8 legally.

You can argue all you want but I kinda know.

I’d like to say something snarky about what I could send you to just go away but I doubt you have any use for them

Last edited by TiffaniO; 05-15-2018 at 01:26 PM.
Old 05-15-2018, 01:25 PM   #37
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Actually you’re wrong... because my Grandfather actually owned 2 shares thus how I know details. She did make racing decisions but she only owned 1/8 legally.

You can argue all you want but I kinda know.
Then both you and Gramps are clueless.

Try coming up with some proof that Gramps actually owned him while he was racing. I won't hold my breath, because he didn't.
Old 05-15-2018, 01:27 PM   #38
Nitro

I would like to suggest just the opposite supposition about corporate involvement in horse racing in general. Not only should there be corporate ownership in the breed, I would like to see corporate sponsorship of active runners.

What better long-term example could there be than just looking at every level of auto racing. I believe its one of the major reasons why its so successful and draws incredible public interest.

As has been previously stated (from the bettor’s perspective), “Who cares who owns these horses?”
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2018, 01:31 PM   #39
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
I would like to suggest just the opposite supposition about corporate involvement in horse racing in general. Not only should there be corporate ownership in the breed, I would like to see corporate sponsorship of active runners.

What better long-term example could there be than just looking at every level of auto racing. I believe its one of the major reasons why its so successful and draws incredible public interest.

As has been previously stated (from the bettor’s perspective), “Who cares who owns these horses?”
How closely ya been following car racing????? Yep, they're on a roll!

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...car-s-big-skid
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2018, 01:31 PM   #40
TiffaniO
Queen B

Quote:
Then both you and Gramps are clueless.

Try coming up with some proof that Gramps actually owned him while he was racing. I won't hold my breath, because he didn't.
He legally owned 1/16 of him on the date I listed. And for you to say that, you must just be a miserable human being. And getting your suspenders in a wad actually makes me laugh out loud.
Old 05-15-2018, 01:32 PM   #41
TiffaniO
Queen B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits View Post

Every sports franchise has minority owners. NFL, NBA, MLB
Old 05-15-2018, 01:36 PM   #42
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
He legally owned 1/16 of him on the date I listed. And for you to say that, you must just be a miserable human being. And getting your suspenders in a wad actually makes me laugh out loud.
No, dearie, he didn't. It's stupid that we're even arguing it. Find even one scrap of evidence that he did. Just one. You won't, because he didn't. He didn't get listed in the programs, and he got zero from his purse earnings, and he didn't have to be licensed as part-owner of Sec in each jurisdiction Sec raced. Find this racing partnership mentioned in any of the hundreds of articles and books on him. This is all because Gramps was NOT part owner of Sec while he was racing. Gramps (if we believe you) only owned shares in his breeding syndication.
Old 05-15-2018, 01:39 PM   #43
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro View Post

Corporate sponsorship is different, and we already have corporate sponsorship in the sport.

Lots of people care who own the horses (but again, more importantly, who trains). NBC is going to have a devil of a time finding a heart-warming angle on the Derby owners for its Preakness broadcast.
Old 05-15-2018, 01:43 PM   #44
TiffaniO
Queen B

Quote:
No, dearie, he didn't. It's stupid that we're even arguing it. Find even one scrap of evidence that he did. Just one. You won't, because he didn't. He didn't get listed in the programs, and he got zero from his purse earnings, and he didn't have to be licensed as part-owner of Sec in each jurisdiction Sec raced. Find this racing partnership mentioned in any of the hundreds of articles and books on him. This is all because Gramps was NOT part owner of Sec while he was racing. Gramps (if we believe you) only owned shares in his breeding syndication.
I really don’t care if you believe me or not... but a syndication did own him legally even though Ms Chenery still made racing decisions.
Old 05-15-2018, 01:45 PM   #45
Nitro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits View Post

I believe I follow it a bit more than the average person and as far as I’m concerned NASCAR, Indy Car, Formula One, NHRA and others rely very heavily on corporate sponsorship. Of course, the economy always plays a significant role in determining whether or not these organizations get involved. But the proof is in the pudding, and has been for decades!

It’s funny how the graph on the link you provided coincides with our U.S. economy over that same period.
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply