Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:58 PM   #301
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
They did a long segment yesterday during Keeneland about some kid with a medical condition, not sure what that had to do with horse racing, i put it on mute the minute i saw they weren't talking about horses MARONE!
SRU???....C'mon man!
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2014, 10:04 PM   #302
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall
SRU???....C'mon man!
Yeah, SRU the bad guy for wanting a horse racing channel to stick to horse racing. What a terrible guy i am. Booo. Hiss.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2014, 10:18 PM   #303
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Yeah, SRU the bad guy for wanting a horse racing channel to stick to horse racing. What a terrible guy i am. Booo. Hiss.
You forgot.......what a terrible asinine guy you are.......You are digging yourself a pretty deep hole. I'd quit an apologize to the board if I was you....
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2014, 10:25 PM   #304
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall
You forgot.......what a terrible asinine guy you are.......You are digging yourself a pretty deep hole. I'd quit an apologize to the board if I was you....
This is a thread about TVG and their programming choices and why some people dislike them, lets try and get back on topic.

If you want to start a thread about another subject, i'd be happy to join in and discuss it.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-11-2014, 07:26 AM   #305
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxicab
You do understand how difficult it is to get trainers/owners to give info out/speak on camera.......don't you?

Yeah i am outspoken yet my partners made me shutup about the horses we owned, i kinda understood where they were coming from, but many a time our horse was on edge for a win and i wanted to shout it from on top of the grandstand and could not.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-11-2014, 07:49 AM   #306
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99
Yeah i am outspoken yet my partners made me shutup about the horses we owned, i kinda understood where they were coming from, but many a time our horse was on edge for a win and i wanted to shout it from on top of the grandstand and could not.

Allan
this game is about having a big ego, you should have as much fun with it as you can.

as far as Make A Wish goes, i see no problem at all with TVG taking time with kids that benefit from them. Make A Wish is a great organization, they don't take 1 penny for a management fee. i love that kind of deal, especially when i see the kids with a smile on their faces.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-11-2014, 10:59 AM   #307
duncan04
Let's go Reds!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01
However maudlin it may be, I have to admit, this is the first time I've heard anyone complain about Make a Wish kids getting time on TV. I'm sure those five minutes those children got on camera enjoying themselves at Keeneland hurt ya. It has to do with horse racing because those children wanted to spend their time with horses before they, you know, quite possibly died.

I'd trade any of those kids for what you've contributed to the world, that is for certain.
Spot on! Watch the track feed if it bothers you so much SRU. Honestly sometimes I wonder how much of what you post is an act. You can't really be that much of an ass, right?
Old 10-11-2014, 11:07 AM   #308
jballscalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan04
Spot on! Watch the track feed if it bothers you so much SRU. Honestly sometimes I wonder how much of what you post is an act. You can't really be that much of an ass, right?
It has to be an act.
Old 10-12-2014, 04:55 AM   #309
joeslovo

From Sandy W.."And Todd Schrupp, in a class all by himself.
A complete moron"....

He is a MOTTO

Last edited by joeslovo; 10-12-2014 at 04:59 AM.
joeslovo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-12-2014, 04:58 AM   #310
joeslovo

They did a long segment yesterday during Keeneland about some kid with a medical condition, not sure what that had to do with horse racing, i put it on mute the minute i saw they weren't talking about horses MARONE!

I do the opposite.I put it on mute the minute they DO talk about horses.
joeslovo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-12-2014, 02:09 PM   #311
Clocker

I just switched the channel from football to TVG to watch the 3rd at Woodbine. They were showing the horses just being loaded into the gate and switched to the post parade at Keeneland. They said they would have the WO 3 on tape shortly.

I don't know about anyone else, but I didn't have any money on the post parade at Keeneland, and would much rather watch a race, followed by the post parade on tape. For some reason, these guys constantly go on and on about the Keeneland experience like it is Valhalla.
Old 10-12-2014, 02:35 PM   #312
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Worst thing for me was when Woodbine signed with TVG.
Best track now in the hands of the clueless.

I don't bother watching anymore, does Matt still run around like a total idiot chasing ice cream cones at Keeneland?

Last edited by Tom; 10-12-2014 at 02:37 PM.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-12-2014, 02:41 PM   #313
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

SRU is really bashing a network for covering Make A Wish Foundation stories on a slow Thursday? I mean really, that is a new low even for him.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-12-2014, 02:46 PM   #314
Redbullsnation
THEY SEND IN THE MAN

SRU must either be trolling..or losing his head. You could just watch the track feeds available online
Redbullsnation is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-12-2014, 02:47 PM   #315
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom

I don't bother watching anymore, does Matt still run around like a total idiot chasing ice cream cones at Keeneland?
I don't know, I usually keep it mute except when they are racing, or when Dawn at Woodbine or Christina at Monmouth are on.

I did happen to switch to TVG one day recently and Todd and Simon were at the desk with the Little Guy. It was like aliens had taken over the brains of the first two. They were all actually talking intelligently about horses. In the next segment, TLG was gone, apparently creating an intellectual vacuum on the set, and they were back to the usual inanity.

The sad thing is that when Simon actually starts talking about his experiences as a trainer, and his views on the race based on that, he is the best of the regulars. But mostly it is picking $48 pick 6 tickets or such.