Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-20-2016, 10:46 AM   #151
woodbinepmi

It must suck to sit around all day worrying if the earth is going to warm a degree. You think the humans did this when the great ice age melted? Wonder what they blamed it on?
Old 10-20-2016, 11:56 AM   #152
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Penguin farts.
Old 10-20-2016, 11:59 AM   #153
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
Still don't get your objection about appearing to bang my head against the wall. My head.
Oh, I don't object. You can keep chugging along on here...fine by me. I was just trying to understand why. Personally, if I were you, I wouldn't be doing this. I would just let the rubes remain rubes (paraphrasing you...I am not calling them rubes).
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-20-2016, 12:12 PM   #154
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Oh, I don't object. You can keep chugging along on here...fine by me. I was just trying to understand why. Personally, if I were you, I wouldn't be doing this. I would just let the rubes remain rubes (paraphrasing you...I am not calling them rubes).
Is that style of paraphrasing "settled"?
Thanks for coining "climate denying rubes".

Question, do you think rubes are equally represented in the scientific journals and if so why aren't there moor peer-reviewed papers by the rubes counted in the 8 or 9 scientific consensus studies?

Then maybe FINALLY we can get a fair count.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-21-2016, 09:23 AM   #155
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodbinepmi
It must suck to sit around all day worrying if the earth is going to warm a degree. You think the humans did this when the great ice age melted? Wonder what they blamed it on?
30,000 years ago, the famous prehistoric climate scientist, Oog, often mistakenly referred to as OMG, in his seminal cave drawing discovered in southern France, documented that the continental glaciers began to recede due to global warming as a result of massive CO2 releases in the Southern Ocean. However, since fire had not yet been invented, Oog's theory that it was the wasteful Petroleos tribe burning pools of oil that had bubbled to the surface of the earth has been generally dismissed. Oog, did prove prescient, since the Petroleos tribe eventually took over most of the earth and made sure that they replaced all the CO2 the southern ocean stopped emitting by burning every bit of carboniferous fuel they could dig, pump or frac out of the earth.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-21-2016, 04:18 PM   #156
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing
30,000 years ago, the famous prehistoric climate scientist, Oog, often mistakenly referred to as OMG, in his seminal cave drawing discovered in southern France, documented that the continental glaciers began to recede due to global warming as a result of massive CO2 releases in the Southern Ocean. However, since fire had not yet been invented, Oog's theory that it was the wasteful Petroleos tribe burning pools of oil that had bubbled to the surface of the earth has been generally dismissed. Oog, did prove prescient, since the Petroleos tribe eventually took over most of the earth and made sure that they replaced all the CO2 the southern ocean stopped emitting by burning every bit of carboniferous fuel they could dig, pump or frac out of the earth.
Unfortunately Oog originally did that seminal cave drawing coincidentally resembling the shape of a prehistoric stick used by the local ice lake dwellers, the Ca-nucgs, to move disk-shaped stones across their ice lake in the earliest form of "postal" delivery recorded. Carving messages on those disks as crude hieroglyphs. This early delivery technique was called hok-eee, recently translated from late Cro-Magnon.

Oog displayed this diagram to the Petroleos tribe in hope of illustrating and clarifying just how burning oil pools were melting glaciers, but before he could finish his presentation, one of the leaders of the Petroleos tribe, who used to live with the Ca-nucgs, dismissed Oog as a fraud and charlatan, snidely commenting Oog was an ignorant Neanderthal drawing silly looking hok-eee sticks trying to convince the Petroleos not to burn their dirt cheap pools of oil.

Last edited by hcap; 10-21-2016 at 04:19 PM.
Old 10-21-2016, 05:39 PM   #157
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Follow up.
Oog was eaten by a chickenlittleasaurous, who then farted, and alas, Ooog took out a hole in the ozone layer.
Old 10-22-2016, 01:04 AM   #158
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Follow up.
Oog was eaten by a chickenlittleasaurous, who then farted, and alas, Ooog took out a hole in the ozone layer.
The evolutionary process of an early mammalian species was seriously impacted by the uncontrolled burning of all those cheap dirty oil pits by the wasteful Petroleos tribe. A rare form of pre-hominoid simians native to what is now upstate New York developmed learning impairments and an unusual autonomic Fight-or-flight survival response. Unlike most other related species, these simians unfortunately replaced the "flight" part with the "hide-ostrich response", or hiding their narrow heads in nearby fissures opened by the earths early tectonic plates shifting.

Last edited by hcap; 10-22-2016 at 01:07 AM.
Old 11-01-2018, 08:04 PM   #159
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Penguin farts.
Dinosaur farts, and their population got so HUGE, their weight impacted the rotation of the earth causing a disorientation in the polar axis causing many to freeze.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-01-2018, 08:25 PM   #160
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Long range forecast for Earth.

Will be warmer, will be cooler.
Scattered showers.
And partly cloudy!!!!
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2018, 09:46 PM   #161
sammy the sage

Thought this was interesting and amusing...in the end...it's a climate change piece...

Climate is GOING to change...the cause is up for debate...but in the end...won't matter either way...poles are going to flip regardless as well...nothing can be done about that...might be tomorrow...50 yrs or 500 yrs or 5000 yrs from now... whilst I still can...
Old 11-09-2018, 09:59 PM   #162
chadk66

global warming reared it's ugly head again this morning. Nov. 11th and it hit -5 last night. awful damn early for that cold of temps. Even in this new global warmup era.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2018, 11:59 PM   #163
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

Man it's cold outside!

This is getting stupid. I wish it wasn't so cold or hot or something else in between . . .

Last edited by Buckeye; 11-10-2018 at 12:02 AM.
Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2018, 08:27 AM   #164
chadk66

I’m getting tired of waiting for this warming to show up. Another unkept promise
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2018, 05:15 PM   #165
OntheRail

We got 6" of white Climate Change... Bring on the Global Warming.