Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-09-2014, 01:15 PM   #16
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
I like Palin more these days then I did after her VP run. I think those who continue to try and push the narrative that she is operating with an IQ barely in the triple digits are becoming disgraceful and irrelevant.

Much like Obama's plummeting job approval ratings, only going in the opposite direction, I see Palin rising above her media-imposed jail sentence of idiocy. It may take another year or two, but it is coming.

In fact, Palin and Obama are two sides of a coin when it comes to the media.

They both started as unprepared and unskilled for the jobs they were seeking, yet one was PROPPED UP mercilessly, just as much as the other was BEATEN DOWN mercilessly, which resulted in their respective standings in the public eye when election 2008 was all said and done.

Time, however, has a way of revealing the truth, no matter what the power elites want us to believe.
Amen! Great post.......

Republicans can't win the Presidency ever again, unless the Dems do something catastrophic. Settling for the two houses of Congress is good enough for now.
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-09-2014, 01:19 PM   #17
ArlJim78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
Palin is an intelligent, competent person who got pushed up the ladder above her level of competence because of the way the game is played. Objectively, she was not VP material. And equally objectively, she was more qualified to be VP than Obama was qualified to be a US Senator, let alone POTUS. Which is the really sad thing about the whole situation.
exactly right. people question Palin's intelligence and experience yet worship at the alter of Obama while there is no objective evidence of Obama's intellect, quite the opposite, and plenty of evidence of his incompetence.

Palin gets no rspect.
ArlJim78 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-09-2014, 01:21 PM   #18
Jay Trotter
CHEESEY

Quote:
I think those who continue to try and push the narrative that she is operating with an IQ barely in the triple digits are becoming disgraceful and irrelevant.
Well, it's good to know where I stand in your eyes! And here I though you held me in high regard.

Jim Schoenfeld
Jay Trotter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-09-2014, 01:25 PM   #19
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph

Republicans can't win the Presidency ever again, unless the Dems do something catastrophic.
The rumors are growing about Hillary's health. If she doesn't/can't run, it is a wide open race, with no obvious choice on either side. If Hillary is out and Biden is the aging heir apparent, there is a good chance another Obama-like dark horse (pardon the expression) comes out of nowhere and grabs the Dem nomination. I think the folks in the middle of the political spectrum have had enough of unproven promises for a while. If that happens, the election is the Republicans' to lose.
Old 03-09-2014, 01:43 PM   #20
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Trotter
Well, it's good to know where I stand in your eyes! And here I though you held me in high regard.
You and those like you are absolutely ridiculous with your stubborn and relentless hold on the "Palin is dumber than a tree stump" narrative. There is no other way to put it.

The sad fact is Palin rises to the level of the water around her. The entire political class of America is mediocre at best, and often way less than that. Yet you guys like to single out Palin as a special kind of inept.

I have news for you. Obama ain't any better. He simply isn't. He hasn't shown me anything that says he's better than Palin when it comes to innovation and intelligence. He really seems like he is only along for the ride. He is not a leader. He goes with the flow. That's his legacy.

Oh wait. I forgot about killing bin Laden and the stock market. And Obamacare. And making the rich richer.

That's basically everything Obama stands for, right? A warmonger who is in bed with the banksters and whose goal is to make the rich richer.

Ummmm...nope...he was presented as a Nobel peace prize winner who will only help the poor and downtrodden rise up on a more equal level with the middle class and the rich. A Noble peace-prize winning genius who will restore the USA's standing in the world. But that hasn't happened. Far from it.

Obama continues the "killing machine" aspects first started under the Bush administration with his drone attacks and continuing the war in Afghanistan where SO MANY MORE US servicemen lost their lives and were injured, but that never attracted the glare of the media spotlight like it did under Bush.

And the poor haven't fared very well under Obama. Black poor even less so. Again, that rarely hits the media spotlight either.

Tell me how we're all so much better off with this "genius" as president, compared to someone of more modest intelligence. This "genius" president hasn't done anything "genius" that I can see. Can you?

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 03-09-2014 at 01:44 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-09-2014, 01:52 PM   #21
FantasticDan
gelding

^Obama is a war-mongering killing machine? But all I've read recently is that he's a big spineless pussy that the world laughs at. Which is it?
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-09-2014, 02:04 PM   #22
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan
^Obama is a war-mongering killing machine? But all I've read recently is that he's a big spineless pussy that the world laughs at. Which is it?
one can be both Dan
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-09-2014, 02:08 PM   #23
Jay Trotter
CHEESEY

Quote:
You and those like you are absolutely ridiculous with your stubborn and relentless hold on the "Palin is dumber than a tree stump" narrative. There is no other way to put it.
I am stubborn. It's unfortunate you think I'm "ridiculous"! You can "hate" Obama all you want. I find him intelligent and articulate. If "you guys" would spend more time working with him than against him things might actually get done.

You don't give the stump enough credit. Palin is a joke and for you to even pretend to back her ....

Jim Schoenfeld
Jay Trotter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-09-2014, 02:20 PM   #24
Greyfox

Quote:
This "genius" president hasn't done anything "genius" that I can see. Can you?
Don't make the mistake of confusing good leadership with intelligence.
The correlation between them is only moderate.
Quite likely Obama has a high IQ - probably much higher than Bush and Palin, though Bill Clinton, a Rhodes Scholar, would probably give him a run in the brains department.
The fact that Obama is intelligent is what makes him frightening, as he has glombed on to a philosophy which is somewhat at odds with the specific interests of making America the guiding light.
Instead, Obama sees himself as a philosopher king - a citizen of the world so to speak. He just happens to live in America and is fortunate enough to lead it.
His ideas, as latent in his speeches, always have been to make the world a better place. If that means a change in the fortunes of America and it's standing on the world stage - so be it. If that means a redistribution of wealth and a flattening of the economic pyramid - so be it as well. If that means not approving a pipeline that would bring thousands of jobs, in favor of a greener world - so be it. If that means attempting to reform the perception of America's role of policing the free world, so be it as well.

Unfortunately, Obama, while being very bright, could never be classified as being a "genius."
"Genius" - is more than having high intelligence.
It involves having the energy to carry forth one's visions of genius.
In that department he is lacking. He does not have the focussed laser like energy that is required to carry out his dreams. Hence, his 160 games of golf, the vacations, and all that. A genius, he is not.
And as a result it is not surprising that this very bright man is failing in so many areas of domestic and foreign affairs.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-09-2014, 02:23 PM   #25
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan
Throwing drone strikes around after paying bounties for info is easy to do. The infrastructure is in place and all it takes is a phone call. Btw, lots of talk that he isn't even involved in drone strikes. The CIA has Carte Blanche to do it for him.

If he was anything like a warmonger he would have hammered the hell out of Afghanistan and it would be our bitch by now.

He pulls the trigger only when it's politically safe and he can crow about it. Ho hum.....
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-09-2014, 03:15 PM   #26
Clocker

Quote:
Palin is a joke and for you to even pretend to back her ....
Who here is backing her for anything? She is certainly not a joke in her current position as spokesperson and fund raiser for the GOP. She is certainly correct in pointing out that the emperor has no clothes. She is head and shoulders in competence in what she is doing compared to the feckless occupant of the Oval Office in what he is doing. And she is miles ahead of him in common sense and miles behind in ego.

If I was running a business and was going to hire a competent manager, Palin over Obama would be a no-brainer. She is nowhere near a serious consideration for president, but I'd bet she could do it better than Obama has.

PS I can't speak for others here, but I don't hate Obama. I hate what he is doing to my country and I hate the fact that he is president. I don't hate him any more than I hate a puppy that makes a mess on the carpet. The puppy doesn't know any better. Neither does Obama.
Old 03-09-2014, 03:28 PM   #27
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
I am stubborn. It's unfortunate you think I'm "ridiculous"! You can "hate" Obama all you want. I find him intelligent and articulate. If "you guys" would spend more time working with him than against him things might actually get done.

You don't give the stump enough credit. Palin is a joke and for you to even pretend to back her ....
The point is not to let the shit he wants to get done ever get done.
Like the NSA spying on us. You in favor of that? You think we should help Obama do more of that? Substance, Jay...try addressing the substance of what CPAC talked about instead of cheap shots. You think we should help Obama target more conservative groups with the IRS? They do that in Canada?

With an A**** like Obama, you spend your time stopping him.
Old 03-09-2014, 03:37 PM   #28
FantasticDan
gelding

Yet another thread that had nothing to do with Obama taken over by the Obama on the Brain brigade
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-09-2014, 04:05 PM   #29
NJ Stinks

Quote:
I like Palin more these days then I did after her VP run. I think those who continue to try and push the narrative that she is operating with an IQ barely in the triple digits are becoming disgraceful and irrelevant.

Much like Obama's plummeting job approval ratings, only going in the opposite direction, I see Palin rising above her media-imposed jail sentence of idiocy. It may take another year or two, but it is coming.
This reminds me - didn't you keep predicting Obama would not be re-elected until right before he was?
Old 03-09-2014, 04:13 PM   #30
davew

I do not like this Uncle Sam. I do not like his health care scam.
I do not like these dirty crooks, or how they lie and cook the books.
I do not like when Congress steals, I do not like their crony deals.
I do not like this spying, man, I do not like, 'Oh, Yes we can.'
I do not like this spending spree, we're smart, we know there's nothing free.
I do not like reporters' smug replies when I complain about their lies.
I do not like this kind of hope, and we won't take it, nope, nope, nope.

That is great, she finally found a worthy speechwriter.

Obama's legacy will be he empowered people to stay at home and write poetry, or whatever they wanted to do while they collected money for doing nothing.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: