Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 03-05-2024, 06:03 PM   #1
46zilzal
velocitician

Seahawks to release three veterans

Jamal Adams has gotten to be too expensive sitting on the bench (injured almost every season)..

Will Dissley journeyman tight end.

This one I just cannot understand: TYLER LOCKETT, one of the best and most consistent wide receivers for years.
Old 03-05-2024, 07:01 PM   #2
kingfin66
Bombardier

Do you have a link? I think this may have been a possibility yesterday, but today Seattle announced they are releasing Adams and Diggs. That should allow them to keep Lockett.
Old 03-05-2024, 07:51 PM   #3
CheckMark

For me being a Seahawks fan, it sucks to see Adams and Diggs go. I will be missing Adams because he got so hurt often it was like he wasn't even on the team, which affected his playing time.

Meanwhile for Diggs, I didn't know him much, but sucks that he is leaving too.

But, if they let go of Lockett, it will be a horrible decision as he is arguably one of the best WR1 or WR2s in the NFL today. If he gets cut, our primary draft needs would be a WR, OT and S.

We have needed an OT for years, especially to guard our QB (hopefully) for future years in Geno Smith.

Cross, Lewis are the lockdown guys here. The others in Brown, Haynes and Lucas need some work.

Overall, I'm looking forward to a team coached by Mike MacDonald. If he can bring this team to a "Legion of Boom" status, as well as keep the offence solid, we may become a threat in the NFC West and the rest of the league!

Fingers crossed boys
Old 03-06-2024, 09:55 AM   #4
davew

luckily they traded off Russell Wilson a couple years ago for one of the better trades EVER (Denver just released him)
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-06-2024, 10:49 AM   #5
Inner Dirt

Tyler Lockett looks like he may have dropped a little on the stat sheet, but he still is a solid WR2. Also he is a 31 year old receiver not an RB where a slight decline around 30 means they will go downhill fat.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-06-2024, 12:20 PM   #6
Saratoga

If Pete Carroll was behind this rebuild , I wouldn't mind....

But hes not.....good luck with that!!
Saratoga is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-06-2024, 12:40 PM   #7
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga View Post
If Pete Carroll was behind this rebuild , I wouldn't mind....

But hes not.....good luck with that!!

Didn't they retain Pete in the front office?
Old 03-06-2024, 07:10 PM   #8
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Yes , as an advisor.......meaning hes just there to take pictures...
Old 03-06-2024, 08:17 PM   #9
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Yes and no. They said that he will continue with the team in an advisor role, but he made it clear that he was fired as the coach. I think they gave him the title as a way to show him some level of respect as they showed him out the door.
Old 03-06-2024, 08:25 PM   #10
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckMark View Post
For me being a Seahawks fan, it sucks to see Adams and Diggs go. I will be missing Adams because he got so hurt often it was like he wasn't even on the team, which affected his playing time.

Meanwhile for Diggs, I didn't know him much, but sucks that he is leaving too.

But, if they let go of Lockett, it will be a horrible decision as he is arguably one of the best WR1 or WR2s in the NFL today. If he gets cut, our primary draft needs would be a WR, OT and S.

We have needed an OT for years, especially to guard our QB (hopefully) for future years in Geno Smith.

Cross, Lewis are the lockdown guys here. The others in Brown, Haynes and Lucas need some work.

Overall, I'm looking forward to a team coached by Mike MacDonald. If he can bring this team to a "Legion of Boom" status, as well as keep the offence solid, we may become a threat in the NFC West and the rest of the league!

Fingers crossed boys
They overpaid to acquire Adams and then overpaid him in salary. His injuries clearly diminished his skills, but it was his attitude that got the best of him. He had to go. Diggs was pretty damn good, but we had a few bad games; one REALLY bad game. The Seahawks still have a Pro Bowl caliber safety in Julian Love on the roster.

We all know that letting talented players like Diggs and (potentially) Lockett go is a numbers game. My guess is that they will ask Lockett to restructure, and I hope he will do it. He is, without a doubt, one of the most beloved players on the team, and one of the most popular in the history of the team. He is talented and extremely likable. Losing him would hurt a lot. That, along with the savings brought on by releasing Adams and Diggs will give Seattle cap room to make some upgrades.

The Seahawks may or may need an OT. It really depends upon the condition of Abe Lucas' knee. He missed several games last year. Both he and Cross were drafted in 2022. What Seattle really needs is a C and/or guard, but the biggest need is going to be across the front seven. Those guys got handled quite a bit last year. Bobby Wagner helped, but age has caught up with him. The guys around him are not enough to allow him to overcome having lost a step or two.
Old 03-14-2024, 01:34 PM   #11
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quick Summary

The OP was most definitely incorrect in stating that Tyler Lockett would be released by Seattle. Lockett restructured his contract and will remain with the team for at least the next two seasons.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-deal-seahawks
Old 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM   #12
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

He often gets things wrong.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2024, 03:01 PM   #13
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66 View Post
The OP was most definitely incorrect in stating that Tyler Lockett would be released by Seattle. Lockett restructured his contract and will remain with the team for at least the next two seasons.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-deal-seahawks

Do note that article you sourced is dated 4 days after this thread was started.
Old 03-14-2024, 03:14 PM   #14
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk View Post
He often gets things wrong.
Old 03-14-2024, 05:26 PM   #15
Inner Dirt

Seahawks swapped picks to get QB Sam Howell from Washington. He was last year's starter, but he really is nothing but a mid level back up.