Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-15-2018, 12:18 AM   #76
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
A real STROK.

WaPo show its bias by even questioning the hearings.
Clearly, the guy had no business investigating Trump,no matter what you think of him.

Oh, silly me - I used the word Washington Post and think in the same paragraph!
Tom, what occurred is a dark stain on the American fabric for sure and its start was at the top before Trump became President. We had a President who weaponized the DOJ & FBI for political purposes. Do you really think under oath any of the hand picked operatives are going to admit any of it? So where do we go from here is really what we collectively have to understand. In the House they are compiling impeachment motions for Monday against Rod Rosenstein. To me this is where the problem originated. Holdovers from a very foul administration who were he epitome of corrupt officials. I view the FBI as one of our premier agency's who will perform to perfection in keeping us safe going forward, the correct people at the top of the origination will refocus the agency's critical path. When you keep good people inside the critical path extraordinary results are possible, and that is exactly what we need. Our problem is we have had nothing but hacks at the top for a decade or more.

Last edited by fast4522; 07-15-2018 at 12:21 AM.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2018, 12:40 AM   #77
newtothegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Tom, what occurred is a dark stain on the American fabric for sure and its start was at the top before Trump became President. We had a President who weaponized the DOJ & FBI for political purposes. Do you really think under oath any of the hand picked operatives are going to admit any of it? So where do we go from here is really what we collectively have to understand. In the House they are compiling impeachment motions for Monday against Rod Rosenstein. To me this is where the problem originated. Holdovers from a very foul administration who were he epitome of corrupt officials. I view the FBI as one of our premier agency's who will perform to perfection in keeping us safe going forward, the correct people at the top of the origination will refocus the agency's critical path. When you keep good people inside the critical path extraordinary results are possible, and that is exactly what we need. Our problem is we have had nothing but hacks at the top for a decade or more.
You know Fast, I agree.
Up until a few years ago (probably five), I would of never believed many of the things that are now being brought to light.
Once the IRS targeting conservative scandal broke, I really had to change my outlook.
When people in government offices, whether it be the IRS or any for that matter, use their power against the people they are paid to protect and serve.....well I believe that's one of the highest crimes you can commit. I would suggest its right up there along treason.
Over the last five years, there has been more dirt dug up and exposed then I can recall in my lifetime. Now I am sure that social media plays a huge part in that as its much easier to obtain information and or expose it.

Almost makes you want to start wondering back to how long and to what extent.

People say that those who believe Kennedy was killed in a conspiracy are crazy. Maybe so! But I never thought I would see the IRS target its own citizens either.

I never thought I would see the FBI (or at least high level members) try to take down a duly elected president that was put in place by the people. Now sure, there will be those that say the FBI " didn't try to take him down".
BS!!! Strozk and others point blank (in their own emails say as much) would do anything possible to prevent Trumps election.

How deep does it run??? How many high level officials are involved??? To what extent can ANYONE ever trust our government anymore.

NSA spying on its own people...…

FISA court issuing bullshit warrants allowing for spying without proper evidence...…
People involved with the Clintons mysteriously disappearing.....Whats the tally up to now? Like 47???

The DNC rigging their own party elections against B Sanders (even though I thought he was as far from my own opinions as possible). I still don't think that was right!!!
And I'm sure the list of government wrong doings just goes on and on.
Chit is just crazy!!!!
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.

Last edited by newtothegame; 07-15-2018 at 12:42 AM.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2018, 12:59 AM   #78
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
Once the IRS targeting conservative scandal broke, I really had to change my outlook.
When people in government offices, whether it be the IRS or any for that matter, use their power against the people they are paid to protect and serve.....well I believe that's one of the highest crimes you can commit. I would suggest its right up there along treason.
Read and learn or don't learn. From the Internal Revenue Code:

To be tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, an organization must be organized and operated exclusively for exempt purposes set forth in section 501(c)(3), and none of its earnings may inure to any private shareholder or individual. In addition, it may not be an action organization, i.e., it may not attempt to influence legislation as a substantial part of its activities and it may not participate in any campaign activity for or against political candidates.

The entities you claim were targeted by the the IRS were politically motivated and should have been targeted if the IRS was doing it's job right. So you changed your outlook for no good reason.
Old 07-15-2018, 01:39 AM   #79
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks View Post

To be tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, an organization must be organized and operated exclusively for exempt purposes set forth in section 501(c)(3), and none of its earnings may inure to any private shareholder or individual. In addition, it may not be an action organization, i.e., it may not attempt to influence legislation as a substantial part of its activities and it may not participate in any campaign activity for or against political candidates.

The entities you claim were targeted by the the IRS were politically motivated and should have been targeted if the IRS was doing it's job right. So you changed your outlook for no good reason.
except dim leaning organizations were approved....

the sad part is McCain was involved with targeting and Steele dossier as well - the swamp is with both sides

time for term limits....
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2018, 04:48 AM   #80
newtothegame

Quote:

Stinks, are you saying it was all on the up and up and it didn't happen?
And to think I gave you credit recently...…
Well, did the IRS INTENTIONALLY target conservative groups (whether under orders to or not)???
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2018, 10:43 AM   #81
sonnyp

usually, after what McCain went through, I would give him the hero tag. unfortunately, after observing his "act" on a few occasions in vegas and taking into account his moves in Washington, ive come to the conclusion the guy is an underhanded, devious creep. im sorry he's going out the way he is but will not miss his manipulations. good ridance
sonnyp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2018, 05:36 PM   #82
Andy Asaro

Andy Asaro is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2018, 10:15 PM   #83
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
Stinks, are you saying it was all on the up and up and it didn't happen?
And to think I gave you credit recently...…
Well, did the IRS INTENTIONALLY target conservative groups (whether under orders to or not)???
I'm saying these entities were politically motivated and should have been scrutinized carefully by the IRS before being granted exempt status. Anybody who can grasp the meaning of IRC 501(c)(3) should be able to understand that.

And, Dave, there were about 3 times more right-leaning applications than left. Hence, it stands to reason there would be longer delays overall.

Here it is in a nutshell: entities were applying for exempt status they did not qualify for. The IRS did what it had to until politicians decided to make hay and throw the unpopular agency under the bus.
Old 07-15-2018, 11:02 PM   #84
davew

Quote:
I'm saying these entities were politically motivated and should have been scrutinized carefully by the IRS before being granted exempt status. Anybody who can grasp the meaning of IRC 501(c)(3) should be able to understand that.

And, Dave, there were about 3 times more right-leaning applications than left. Hence, it stands to reason there would be longer delays overall.

Here it is in a nutshell: entities were applying for exempt status they did not qualify for. The IRS did what it had to until politicians decided to make hay and throw the unpopular agency under the bus.
here is Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IRS_targeting_controversy

there were some tea party type applicants that were 'targeted' by other federal agencies which went after their businesses.

I guess that is okay as long as 0bama got his 'organizing for action' group exempt status - as it is clearly promoting 'social issues'
Old 07-20-2018, 04:29 PM   #85
woodtoo

The wives!! Missed this one SEC Director Melissa Hodgman-Strzok was put in charge of the Clinton Foundation investigation three weeks before the last Presidential election.
Securities and Exchange Commission.

She has been blocking the investigation ever since, she reviews the evidence and determines which ones will be prosecuted.(Insurance policy)by the DOJ and investigated by the FBI.
She was appointed 2 days after her husband Peter found out the N.Y. office had found Hillary's emails on Anthony Weiner's computer.

Conflict of interest much. No wonder everything leads to the dustbin.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-20-2018, 09:48 PM   #86
chadk66

Next thing you know you'll claim the Clinton Foundation isn't a political organization
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2018, 01:00 AM   #87
davew

What does the SEC have to do with the Clinton Foundation investigation? Is the Clinton Foundation listed on Nasdaq or something?
Old 08-13-2018, 11:33 AM   #88
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

FBI agent Peter Strzok finally fired

https://politicalwire.com/2018/08/13...-peter-strzok/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.d744817d4516
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2018, 12:34 PM   #89
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

About time.
When does he get indicted?
Old 08-13-2018, 01:47 PM   #90
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
Next thing you know you'll claim the Clinton Foundation isn't a political organization
it is a presidential library foundation

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: