Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-25-2017, 06:06 PM   #31
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
not sure why they would do that when these people represent the whole state in D.C. I realize ND is a blip on the radar in this regard but we don't have districts for federal office.
First thing you are wrong about is that a congresssman represents the whole state. Each one represents the geographical district from which he is elected. But, as Clocker pointed out, according to the Constitution, he does not have to live in the district he represents.

You are also wrong that North Dakota does not have any districts for federal office. You have one, at large district. Other states have several geographically specific districts..
Old 07-25-2017, 06:13 PM   #32
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
I realize that but I think they should still have to vote for all the reps. If they had to vote for 50 different ones the riff raff would stay home.
You had better hope that never happens. If it did, Republicans would have zero representation in Congress from California.
Old 07-25-2017, 09:06 PM   #33
jimmyb

Just another gold diggin Uncle Tom using race to further her own cause. Her, the Jesse Jackson Family, Juan Williams, Al Sharpton ... all drinking from the same trough.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2017, 09:50 PM   #34
delayjf

What would the mortgage of a 4.3 million dollar home be, about 20,000 a month?
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2017, 09:55 PM   #35
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Got to give her credit though.
Just look at the prosperity and quality of life she has delivered to her constituents!

She deserves ALL the credit due.
Old 07-25-2017, 11:45 PM   #36
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
Just another gold diggin Uncle Tom using race to further her own cause. Her, the Jesse Jackson Family, Juan Williams, Al Sharpton ... all drinking from the same trough.
Are you familiar with what an Uncle Tom character means?

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Uncle+Tom

Race hustlers, gold diggers, (not Juan Williams, though), sure I'd agree with that.But not Uncle Tom.

Which,btw, does not mean "acting white", (whatever that means). That would be an "Oreo".

OK, end of lesson.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2017, 12:30 AM   #37
jimmyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
Are you familiar with what an Uncle Tom character means?

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Uncle+Tom

Race hustlers, gold diggers, (not Juan Williams, though), sure I'd agree with that.But not Uncle Tom.

Which,btw, does not mean "acting white", (whatever that means). That would be an "Oreo".

OK, end of lesson.
In the American racial context, "Uncle Tom" is a term for blacks that give up or hide their ethnic or gender outlooks, traits, and practices, in order to be accepted into the mainstream. In African-American parlance this is also derogatorily known as an Oreo.

Mad Max includes racial overtones in order to gain acceptance by one race, all the while living in a different world which excludes many of such race. In Mad Maxies case, the outlooks, the traits and the practices are mainstream white ass America. This certainly qualifies 'Mad Max' as a 'TOM'.

IMO, she has more in common with Donald J Trump than she does with the people she represents.

The true character of a person is not what one does when people are watching, but what one does when people are not.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2017, 01:07 AM   #38
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
In the American racial context, "Uncle Tom" is a term for blacks that give up or hide their ethnic or gender outlooks, traits, and practices, in order to be accepted into the mainstream. In African-American parlance this is also derogatorily known as an Oreo.

Mad Max includes racial overtones in order to gain acceptance by one race, all the while living in a different world which excludes many of such race. In Mad Maxies case, the outlooks, the traits and the practices are mainstream white ass America. This certainly qualifies 'Mad Max' as a 'TOM'.

IMO, she has more in common with Donald J Trump than she does with the people she represents.

The true character of a person is not what one does when people are watching, but what one does when people are not.
First things first, I agree with you on Trump Waters comparison.They both found a base to appeal to which I think they truly don't believe themselves.The irony being Waters' family moved to Los Angeles from rural Arkansas during WW 2.Waters herself worked in a garment factory and as a telephone operator while attending college part time, then became a preschool teacher before entering politics.That seems to be a more positive road to success than what she usually preaches,i.e, the blame game, the race card and the victim card.

BUT, she is not an Uncle Tom.A race hustler, certainly.No filter from brain to mouth, yes.If she were a Tom, she wouldn't keep getting re-elected.

However, she is under no obligation to live in a "ghetto".Mitch McConnell isn't living in a shack in Appalachia.Do you think Trump is going to move to Grand Rapids or Kenosha because he was given support by Midwestern blue collar workers?

All members of Congress and the Washington establishment are divorced from the reality of their constituent's lives.The best you can hope for is some inkling of empathy for what the voters need.

I, for one, do not plan on holding my breath.

Old 07-26-2017, 09:07 AM   #39
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
First things first, I agree with you on Trump Waters comparison.They both found a base to appeal to which I think they truly don't believe themselves.The irony being Waters' family moved to Los Angeles from rural Arkansas during WW 2.Waters herself worked in a garment factory and as a telephone operator while attending college part time, then became a preschool teacher before entering politics.That seems to be a more positive road to success than what she usually preaches,i.e, the blame game, the race card and the victim card.

BUT, she is not an Uncle Tom.A race hustler, certainly.No filter from brain to mouth, yes.If she were a Tom, she wouldn't keep getting re-elected.

However, she is under no obligation to live in a "ghetto".Mitch McConnell isn't living in a shack in Appalachia.Do you think Trump is going to move to Grand Rapids or Kenosha because he was given support by Midwestern blue collar workers?

All members of Congress and the Washington establishment are divorced from the reality of their constituent's lives.The best you can hope for is some inkling of empathy for what the voters need.

I, for one, do not plan on holding my breath.

You still have hope. I know lefties that won't even say a bad thing about Maxine Waters. I can't remember anyone on the left that has concocted the crazy excuses for the plight of inner city blacks as she has, not even Sharpton and Jackson.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2017, 09:45 AM   #40
barahona44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
You still have hope.
Most people say I'm hopeless.

Old 07-26-2017, 10:47 PM   #41
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by delayjf View Post
Why would you need a mortgage when you buy it for cash 13 years ago when it was only worth $6.2 million?
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2017, 10:50 PM   #42
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
First thing you are wrong about is that a congresssman represents the whole state. Each one represents the geographical district from which he is elected. But, as Clocker pointed out, according to the Constitution, he does not have to live in the district he represents.

You are also wrong that North Dakota does not have any districts for federal office. You have one, at large district. Other states have several geographically specific districts..
in ND we all vote on every federal representative. And they all three represent the whole state.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2017, 10:51 PM   #43
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
You had better hope that never happens. If it did, Republicans would have zero representation in Congress from California.
I doubt that. their brains would blow up in the voting booth.
Old 07-26-2017, 10:53 PM   #44
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by delayjf View Post
I would bet if you dug you would find someone or something payed cash. And why the hell do we have to wait a minute before we can post again? Isn't that busy in here
Old 07-26-2017, 11:17 PM   #45
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Maxie baby probably has cash in her freezer and an unmarked pallet of cash in her garage.

That is how the dems operate.