Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-26-2017, 08:01 AM   #31
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog42 View Post
I believe a deal was made with the Russians to get Trump elected. They wanted the sanctions removed and probably other things for this help. It may or may not have involved financial help.
The Russians wanted Trump to get elected so that he could deliver on his campaign promise to increase fracking and natural gas drilling and exportation. But first, we must simply suspend common sense because Russia's survival depends on natural gas and higher, not lower, natural gas prices. Increased oil/gas production and delivery decreases prices, in case you didn't know. Again, under your assumption, I ask: did the Russians want an open and free European market, which makes Russia richer and more powerful? They do not because USA oil and natural gas will not make Russia richer and more powerful, of course.

The Russians wanted Trump to get elected because he is so easily manipulated and corrupt -- way more easier to push around than say, Hillary Clinton, who gave away 20% of our uranium reserve to the very same Russians for a donation or two to the Clinton Foundation.

Wow, thanks for reminding us on why the Russians wanted Trump to get elected.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2017, 08:23 AM   #32
lamboguy

oil inventory levels decreased for the first time in 2 years this week so that might be enough to push oil to $50 per barrel or over.

but in the long run, oil is going to hell. fossil fuels are slowly but surely becoming less and less used for energy. so there is a rush now to cash in as much money from oil as they can possibly get before they can't get anymore.

the icing that goes on the cake is that Kingdom has gone public with ARAMCO. they are distributing the company to as many suckers as they can find to buy into the oil story which will be on life support real soon.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2017, 09:35 AM   #33
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
If the president decided to pardon himself, that would be a constitutional crisis. If the president fires someone who is investigating the president, that would be a constitutional crisis. It would mean that anything the president does would be legal or with no consequences. If an inconsequential BJ by a WH assistant is grounds for investigation then certainly the presidents finances arising from potential deal making with the Russians is. Just because the president has a congressional majority to protect him and block investigations doesn't mean he can do anything he wants. Experts have said that there is no precedent for a self pardon, but it is not clearly defined.Use your imagination Clocker. You can do better than this. Republicans are slowly starting to realize that their guy is in trouble. Deep Trouble. All except the Republicans on this site, you included.
First, it was about committing perjury, not a BJ in the White House.

But let's look at this for a minute. You guys are so up in arms over anything that Trump says about a woman, from being bawdy to complimenting a woman. But Dems had the biggest Womanizer in Chief ever elected (though I suppose Kennedy could make a close race of it), and he's your God.

We can ignore Paula Jones and Gennifer Flowers. The latter chose to have an affair with him, and the former was an adult who can handle the repercussions of going to his hotel room and being shown his pee pee.

But why does the left ignore a young intern being used for his sexual pleasure? The power dynamic as well as age would land this person in serious water if he was anyone but Clinton. People have lost their careers over much less, and were found guilty of sexual harassment and other crimes and monetary penalties. It is serious that he abused his power and abused this young woman sexually, but the left ignores that and goes after Trump's non-existent abuse of women.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2017, 01:31 PM   #34
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
I believe a deal was made with the Russians to get Trump elected. They wanted the sanctions removed and probably other things for this help. It may or may not have involved financial help.
How do you explain her still losing to him in a poll taken last week?
Old 07-26-2017, 01:46 PM   #35
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
How do you explain her still losing to him in a poll taken last week?
No need for anyone to explain it. Hillary is writing a new book that will tell all.

Quote:
Hillary Clinton's upcoming book will double down on Russia’s interference and James Comey’s involvement in her stunning election defeat, according to sources familiar with the memoir. Privately, Clinton has told friends and longtime associates that she “wants the whole story out there” as she rushes to tweak and put the finishing touches on the book due out in September.

“She really believes that’s why she lost, and she wants to explain why in no uncertain terms,” one longtime ally said. “She wants the whole story out there from her own perspective. I think a lot of people are going to be really surprised by how much she reveals.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/343755-clinton-book-to-double-down-on-russia-comey-message
Old 07-26-2017, 01:56 PM   #36
Clocker

Quote:
I believe a deal was made with the Russians to get Trump elected. They wanted the sanctions removed and probably other things for this help.
Whether it happened or not, the Russian appearance of wrong doing hurt them badly. The House just passed a new sanctions bill by a margin of 419-3.

Quote:
The U.S. House of Representatives voted overwhelmingly on Tuesday to slap new sanctions on Russia and force President Donald Trump to obtain lawmakers' permission before easing any sanctions on Moscow, in a rare rebuke of the Republican president.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1AA28W
Old 07-26-2017, 02:09 PM   #37
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
The U.S. House of Representatives voted overwhelmingly on Tuesday to slap new sanctions on Russia and force President Donald Trump to obtain lawmakers' permission before easing any sanctions on Moscow, in a rare rebuke of the Republican president.
These same Republicans that didn't have the ballz to stop Obama in any of his many unconstitutional actions over eight years now wants to play tough with the one guy that will save their arses in 2018.

The GOP is in for the rudest of awakenings next year, for sure, especially in the Senate but Ryan's GOP will lose seats in the House too.

They and all the Trump haters will try and blame Trump, of course, but those of us that pay attention simply know who really is at fault. And it isn't Donald J. Trump.
Old 07-26-2017, 03:01 PM   #38
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
I agree that Trump's inability to work with Congress will get worse. I see government gridlock, probably for the rest of Trump's first and only term, which in general not a bad thing. I agree with Thoreau that "That government is best which governs least." If they can only do something useful about ObamaCare and tax reform first.
Unfortunately he Tweeted away what little political capital he had months ago...
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2017, 04:38 PM   #39
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Unfortunately he Tweeted away what little political capital he had months ago...
If he had any left, he is napalming it with the Sessions affair. The 419-3 vote on the House bill shows how he stands there.

Sessions is still highly respected in the Senate, and Trump is ticking off a lot of Republicans there:

Quote:
President Donald Trump is getting a bitter Washington lesson when he messes with Jeff Sessions – you don't pick a fight with one of the Senate's guys.

Old 07-26-2017, 04:56 PM   #40
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
They and all the Trump haters will try and blame Trump, of course, but those of us that pay attention simply know who really is at fault. And it isn't Donald J. Trump.
I do not expect that just because President Trump rolls into the beltway that everyone says "yes Donald", we all knew upfront election night when Donald J. Trump won that resistance would be high didn't we? We knew upfront that we would have to deal with some Cockroaches, the President's own terminology about not being a choker is what we have to meet the bar to. In another thread I posted a Youtube in which Dan Pena suggests that Donald J. Trump is the kind of guy to rip off your head and shit down your neck, to that I say wait for it. In order to do that legally it requires longer than six months, and fully expect several to suffer his wrath and wholeheartedly welcome it.

Last edited by fast4522; 07-26-2017 at 05:00 PM.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2017, 08:20 PM   #41
classhandicapper

The republicans, democrats, and media are all so monumentally corrupt, incompetent, and disgusting, I'm pretty sure the Ex KGB Communist is the least bad villain in all of this. Putin would be an improvement.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:28 PM   #42
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
If he had any left, he is napalming it with the Sessions affair. The 419-3 vote on the House bill shows how he stands there.

Sessions is still highly respected in the Senate, and Trump is ticking off a lot of Republicans there:

clocker, during Jeff Sessions' confirmation hearings, I must have missed the part where all these Senators showed Sessions how 'highly respected' they were of him. And that also includes the months after being confirmed.

Even the North Carolina senator that chaired the committee, Republican Richard Burr, dissed him on occasion and never, ever did Burr or fellow Republicans come to Jeff's defense when Jeff was called a hater, a racist and 'Beauregard' by the left wing media.

Point me to where I missed all this 'highly respected' love-fest toward Sessions please. Thanks.

PS--I read your link clocker. I was just speaking rhetorically.... they are only on Sessions side right now. Again, it's only because Trump has dissed Sessions that's all.

Last edited by reckless; 07-26-2017 at 08:31 PM.
Old 07-26-2017, 09:31 PM   #43
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post

PS--I read your link clocker. I was just speaking rhetorically.... they are only on Sessions side right now. Again, it's only because Trump has dissed Sessions that's all.
That was my point. And if Sessions does get fired or forced out, how smoothly will the Senate confirm Trump's nominee to replace him?

More here on growing Senate reaction to Trump's treatment of Sessions:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...friends-240996
Old 07-26-2017, 10:07 PM   #44
ElKabong

Quote:
That was my point. And if Sessions does get fired or forced out, how smoothly will the Senate confirm Trump's nominee to replace him?

More here on growing Senate reaction to Trump's treatment of Sessions:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...friends-240996
Graham hit the nail on the head. Trump is weak. Big talk, but his handling of sessions is as weak as it gets.

Make a decision, jellyfish. Get behind your ag or fire his ass. Be a leader, shut the hell up and grow a set.

Last edited by ElKabong; 07-26-2017 at 10:08 PM.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2017, 10:44 PM   #45
davew

Quote:
yep, probably want to get ahold of the companies controlling USA uranium sources and offered over half a million speaking fees once he is no longer president.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply