Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-15-2017, 05:00 PM   #1
Peter Berry
Track Announcer

Huntress Helena

For those of you not up to speed, Huntress Helena will race on back-to-back cards at Mountaineer. She scored her easiest win ever on Wednesday and backs up again on Sunday. Her record in 2-furlong races now stands at 20-16-3-1.
Peter Berry is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2017, 05:13 PM   #2
VeryOldMan

Thanks for the heads up.

She is the final boss at 2f. Not in the same league, but it reminds me of Immortal Eyes at 4 1/2f at Charles Town for a very long time. Can be beaten but it takes work.
VeryOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2017, 11:41 PM   #3
Zaf
Pace Cappa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Berry View Post
For those of you not up to speed, Huntress Helena will race on back-to-back cards at Mountaineer. She scored her easiest win ever on Wednesday and backs up again on Sunday. Her record in 2-furlong races now stands at 20-16-3-1.
Wow Looking forward to watching

Z
Old 07-16-2017, 01:55 PM   #4
tanner12oz

show plungers will be out in full force
tanner12oz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-16-2017, 03:24 PM   #5
lamboguy

the same owner has 2 in that race, one of them might scratch.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-16-2017, 09:47 PM   #6
Zaf
Pace Cappa

Wow , What a performance !!!

Z
Old 07-17-2017, 03:04 AM   #7
menifee

She's unreal. It's unreal that they keep show plunging on her and she keeps hitting the board in every 2f race. There has to be another start like September 28, 2015 coming soon though... Also, at some point father time catches up to everyone.
menifee is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2017, 03:41 AM   #8
UnionRags

Appealing yankee> hh
UnionRags is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2017, 11:40 AM   #9
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by menifee View Post
She's unreal. It's unreal that they keep show plunging on her and she keeps hitting the board in every 2f race. There has to be another start like September 28, 2015 coming soon though... Also, at some point father time catches up to everyone.
There are classier horses at other tracks whose trainers could jack them up and probably beat Huntress Helena-my guess is more than a few. But the monetary incentive just isn't there.

Her best asset in a matchup with a potentially faster rival would be her good habits and professional conduct. She breaks cleanly and keeps a straight course. She just doesn't beat herself. And that's HUGE at 440. She was originally purchased, btw, for a mere 2k.

The next round of 2-furlong races will be written under starter/alw conditions complete with penalty clause.

It has crossed my mind to blog about her, but it's such an obvious topic..and Pete and I have beaten it to death on the feed.

If she seems even a bit more invincible than usual these days, I would attribute that to Rex Stokes. He's unreal from the gate and has mad skills. Skills perhaps squandered throughout a career that should have been epic.

Last edited by mountainman; 07-17-2017 at 11:43 AM.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2017, 12:09 PM   #10
lamboguy

HUNTRESS HELENA answers the bell every time she steps on a race track. she was way more exciting to watch than SONGBIRD was Saturday.

people love to see stars of the sport like HUNTRESS HELENA. i talk about her all the time because she is my favorite horse right now and i only hope she keeps on winning.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2017, 12:59 PM   #11
onefast99

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
HUNTRESS HELENA answers the bell every time she steps on a race track. she was way more exciting to watch than SONGBIRD was Saturday.

people love to see stars of the sport like HUNTRESS HELENA. i talk about her all the time because she is my favorite horse right now and i only hope she keeps on winning.
songbird looked good but Huntress looked unreal.
Old 07-17-2017, 02:44 PM   #12
menifee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman View Post
There are classier horses at other tracks whose trainers could jack them up and probably beat Huntress Helena-my guess is more than a few. But the monetary incentive just isn't there.

Her best asset in a matchup with a potentially faster rival would be her good habits and professional conduct. She breaks cleanly and keeps a straight course. She just doesn't beat herself. And that's HUGE at 440. She was originally purchased, btw, for a mere 2k.

The next round of 2-furlong races will be written under starter/alw conditions complete with penalty clause.

It has crossed my mind to blog about her, but it's such an obvious topic..and Pete and I have beaten it to death on the feed.

If she seems even a bit more invincible than usual these days, I would attribute that to Rex Stokes. He's unreal from the gate and has mad skills. Skills perhaps squandered throughout a career that should have been epic.
I would love to see how she would do in a 440 race with top quarter horses. Has the Mountain ever carded a race with QH?
menifee is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2017, 06:37 PM   #13
tanner12oz

write a race for her on derby day
Old 07-17-2017, 08:47 PM   #14
tanner12oz

Who loses money in these negative show pools? Is it the track? They don't have to card these races I assume? Why would they keep carding these races if they are going to lose money on them? Maybe these are dumb questions but just some thoughts
Old 07-18-2017, 11:07 AM   #15
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner12oz View Post
Who loses money in these negative show pools? Is it the track? They don't have to card these races I assume? Why would they keep carding these races if they are going to lose money on them? Maybe these are dumb questions but just some thoughts
To my understanding, sir, whatever service or outlet incurring a minus pool in fact covers the loss.

Consequently, I do walk a fine line when endorsing specific bridge jumps. A very fine line.

It would be a bit more complicated to explain why we keep carding those races-and why they keep filling. But I'm willing when I get time.

Good derby field taking shape, btw, including a very prominent "get." For now , though, must remain silent as our rag tag forces battle those villians at Monmouth and Saratoga.

Last edited by mountainman; 07-18-2017 at 11:16 AM.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: