Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 3.80 average.
Old 01-18-2019, 04:26 PM   #5266
Vinnie

Greg:

Don't be too hard on yourself. None of us can ever tell far beforehand what these horses are going to be paying on a given day at any given track. Brush it off and get yourself back in there sir....

As Michael Pizzola always said and I always try to keep it in mind when playing the horses.

Some Will
Some Won't
So What?

Next.....

Vinnie

"All Human error is impatience; a premature renunciation of method"- F. Kafka
Old 01-18-2019, 06:30 PM   #5267
green80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
Best 5 had the Winner in each of the 10 races and cleared the card at Delta Downs this evening (on 01-17). Greg, B5 Consensus crushed it at Delta Downs this evening! The Biggest winners were in Race 5 where the 3rd Selection the #3 paid $15.80. Additionally, in Race #9 the #6 horse paid $11.80.

Very Nice on the day... If one of those moderately priced ponies would have gotten in there anywhere in between it could have been some moderately "Big Balloons" in essentially any of the combos... Best 5 is one helluva tool for the Capper and the handicapper's tool box, that's for sure...
wo

Don't worry that will change the next day at Delta
Old 01-18-2019, 11:07 PM   #5268
Vinnie

Delta Downs

Pretty much spot on once again with the B5 Cons. in consecutive nights at Delta Downs.

8 out of 10 Winners in the Top (3). That is 18 out of 20 of the last races in the past 2 race nights where the Winner could be found in the Top 3 program selections. In all likelihood, would have won the 9th race where there was some shenanigans that occurred contact wise on the far first turn, but, hey, that's racing.... Outstanding Stuff Greg!!

Vinnie

"All Human error is impatience; a premature renunciation of method"- F. Kafka
Old 01-19-2019, 04:00 AM   #5269
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

I'm gonna have to put you on the payroll, Vinnie--If I HAD a payroll .

Since I happen to know what you do for a living...your courtesy and kindness is amazing. I do sincerely appreciate your compliments.

Anyone ever use Fiverr.Com? They have people (Mostly from India/Middle East) who are allegedly skilled in different areas, for really low prices for their work.
I have a new website...and Fiverr has a ton of website "experts" in design, photo-shop, SEO, advertising banners. So I found a gentleman who proclaimed expertise in search engine optimizing. Since I write all the text, post images, etc...I hired him to write proper meta-tags and other basic stuff. My site appears nowhere on Google search anymore.

So he messages me saying he's finished. There are free online tools that will check your site for optimizing, so naturally I run it through my site. It says some of my site is okay...but the meta tags are poorly written, bad syntax and grammar--some titles arent relevant to anything on the page, etc. You also need to "code-explain" any images when you post them-because the robot search engine crawlers that check your site, can't "see" images.

Okay...I only paid this guy $12, but I thought he was at least fluent in English and knew SOMETHING about this work.

I guess $12 American is good money in Pakistan, so I just accepted his work.
And for about the 5th time since I started using Fiverr.com for various jobs...I'll have to redo it myself.

There are a few good free-lancers on that site, just not enough.

I guess I got what my cheap @$$ deserved.

-NCG
Old 01-19-2019, 05:58 AM   #5270
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

PLATINUM LONGSHOTS 01-19

SA
1st IMPLICITLY 10-1
9TH DISTINCTIVE B 12-1
TAMPA
6TH HENRY'S BEND 10-1
8TH CLASSY WOMAN 15-1
LAUREL
4TH PETION NIGHT 15-1

Good Luck today

-NCG
Old 01-19-2019, 12:43 PM   #5271
green80

playing meets that run both quarter horses and thorobreds, I noticed that platinum and best 5 throw up a rating on the quarter horse races. Anybody tracked to see how these do on the quarter horses?
Old 01-20-2019, 01:54 AM   #5272
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

What ratings are you getting from Platinum? Best-Five will rate anything with two pace figs--Platinum cannot.
They aren't made for Quarters--I was surprised they were listed on the Consensus.... I don't believe they're very good, anyway. Certainly not profitable although you can always get lucky.

-NCG
Old 01-20-2019, 06:44 AM   #5273
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

pmx 01-20

Looks kinda lean @ PMX today. I wouldn't go nuts with p-3's and 4's--but ya never know. IHEARDITALLBEFORE 10-1 in the 9th has a shot

Good luck

-NCG

I may try a trifecta or super in that 9th race--this is from EXOTIC BETS

Old 01-20-2019, 02:45 PM   #5274
green80

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg View Post
What ratings are you getting from Platinum? Best-Five will rate anything with two pace figs--Platinum cannot.
They aren't made for Quarters--I was surprised they were listed on the Consensus.... I don't believe they're very good, anyway. Certainly not profitable although you can always get lucky.

-NCG

You are right, it is just Best5 that has the QH ratings, and not much luck there.
Old 01-21-2019, 12:13 AM   #5275
horseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg View Post
Looks kinda lean @ PMX today. I wouldn't go nuts with p-3's and 4's--but ya never know. IHEARDITALLBEFORE 10-1 in the 9th has a shot

Good luck

-NCG

I may try a trifecta or super in that 9th race--this is from EXOTIC BETS

8 listed winners - 6 on top - early dd - that sheet hits em
Old 01-21-2019, 07:11 PM   #5276
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

I singled Vasilika in the late Pick-4....hopefully can get the last 2 races--should pay pretty good for a $27 ticket.

OKAY THAT SUCKED

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 01-21-2019 at 07:18 PM.
Old 01-22-2019, 01:48 AM   #5277
JJMartin

Over 1 Million views, wow
Old 01-22-2019, 07:16 AM   #5278
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

1-2-3 method (from PONYPICKER & BEST-5) for Turf Paradise 01-22

1ST MONACO GIRL

2ND SUTTER

3RD JOINT TENANT

4TH KICKENIT

5TH SUPER ECHELON

6TH CLEVERLY BEVERLY

7TH BUYMEABOND

8TH PUT IT ON ICE

The 1-2-3 method is one of the winningest methods that makes a selection every race. Many are low prices and a few odds-on types. It does well at tier 2 and 3 tracks, etc. Once in a while an 8-1 or 10-1 will appear. I found it seems to do well @ Turf Paradise and a couple others.

By "do well" I mean it will produce a goodly amount of winners often. Again.....generally lower prices. I found this out by taking notes and researching 3-4 tracks a day. I still do

I'm just posting these up for amusement--I heard someone has given up on a Pace-View program. He doesnt seem to have done much track to track research, note taking, record keeping.

Yet this same gentleman expressed interest in Mike P's "Value Capper" I don't know much about Pizzola's tools---but of course it's going to require near-dedication to doing the "work" that's involved, as does every other program--$39.00 or $2,00.00
There are no black boxes---Mike will be the first to agree.

You, my friend...have given up and thrown in the towel. Sure you have a life--like we all do. We all have kids, bills, health issues, etc.

But don't blame your handicapping tools for your dwindling
bankroll.

*ps:...I'm not speaking or referring to anyone in particular now, a lot of us fall into this same trap

-NCG

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 01-22-2019 at 07:17 AM.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:20 AM   #5279
green80

A handicapper with his software is like a builder with his powersaw. It will make the job faster and easier but you still have to know how to build a house.
Old 01-22-2019, 12:06 PM   #5280
oughtoh

There is a big learning curve with Mikes program, but I have heard good things about it and Mike is a good guy and very honest. Greg, your software is great. There isn't a learning curve once you know how to do the scratches. Anytime I go to Nevada I use Pony Pickers and Best 5 and usually come out ahead. It doesn't matter what you use if you don't know how to bet. Greg is also a great guy and very fair to people and even post picks all the time on this page.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: