Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Old 07-01-2020, 02:24 PM   #5836
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Doesn't the recent spike in coronavirus cases throughout the country concern you? Or are you happy about that too?
Nope. Most are young people who will recover just fine. It has the added benefit of getting us closer to herd immunity.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-01-2020, 02:52 PM   #5837
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
It didn't concern YOU when all these people were filling the streets...so it doesn't concern me now, because it's YOUR FAULT basically, for condoning people to go out and SPREAD IT FAR AND WIDE.

No FAKE STUDY will say otherwise, ESPECIALLY given the RISE IN CASES is happening with the EXACT AGE GROUP most INVOLVED with the protests, RIOTS and LOOTING....

Common sense FTW

NO FAKE DESPERATE STUDY NEEDED
60k protesters in Houston 2.5 weeks ago.

Now there is a "mystery surge"

GMAB!
Old 07-01-2020, 03:42 PM   #5838
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
What is the meaning of "exposed"?
I would think living with a sick family member should qualify.

Here’s the question:

Should a restaurant owner be required to share this information with the public?
Old 07-01-2020, 04:22 PM   #5839
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Better hurry up and PANIC!
Far too old to do that BUT then I have been rationally sequestered for some time now.
Old 07-01-2020, 04:36 PM   #5840
Poindexter

Quote:
Doesn't the recent spike in coronavirus cases throughout the country concern you? Or are you happy about that too?
I can't speak for PA, but will speak for myself. I am so done with this subject. When LA Mayor Garcetti talks about not touching dry sand in early May and then a couple of weeks later is encouraging people to go out and protest, it was over. This is all complete bullshit. I don't care anymore. People have died every day of my life and they will die every day for the rest of my life. People live, people die. They can order my business closed again, they will have to lock me up this time. Not a chance I ever shutdown a business on account of corrupt, agenda driven politicians. They let people loot stores, burn down structures, take over city streets, terrorize other citizens with zero recourse and meanwhile business owners are supposed to peacefully obey and shutdown as their lives get destroyed.

Honestly, I have stopped following the subject for the most part because between my business and second job and playing the harness races 5 nights a week I really don't have much time. All I know is that between the time economies were opening up and the protests there wasn't really any spikes of significance. Then they encourage millions of people to go out and protest, yell and scream blowing out spit to hit the person next to them in the face(many did not even have masks on) and mysteriously every time I turn on the radio I hear some crap about cases spiking. Guess what I don't care anymore. People know the score. They know what to do. They know what they shouldn't do. If they are careless they will likely get Covid-19. If they get Covid-19 and their health is in bad condition they will likely die. That is the facts. They are not changing now, not changing next week and may not even change by next year. So people are just going to have to swallow a hard dose of reality and act appropriately or suffer the consequences. Or they can just spend their life in their basement if they are fortunate enough to be able to afford to do so.

Bottom line is the death count is still not very high. See the graph on the bottom of the link below and you see that the death rate is still on a strong downward slope. This may change thanks to our democratic leaders encouraging protests (and hcap save the bullshit articles, nobody with a brain believes them) but since most protesting were on the youngish side, chances are they will make it through covid. Also our 130,000 deaths due to covid is still behind the 225,000 deaths we have the first six months of every year due to smoking.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

By the way in the month of june we had an increase of 29,300 deaths due to covid-19. That is about a 29.3% increase. In the month of may we had a 43,00 death increase on 65,000 deaths or about a 66% increase in deaths. If you ask me, despite the economy having opened up quite a bit, 29.3% increase is a hell of a lot better than a 66% increase. Looks to me like we are going the right direction not the wrong direction.

Carry on with your bullshit, as mentioned, I am done with this subject.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-01-2020, 04:42 PM   #5841
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poindexter View Post
I can't speak for PA, but will speak for myself. I am so done with this subject. When LA Mayor Garcetti talks about not touching dry sand in early May and then a couple of weeks later is encouraging people to go out and protest, it was over. This is all complete bullshit. I don't care anymore. People have died every day of my life and they will die every day for the rest of my life. People live, people die. They can order my business closed again, they will have to lock me up this time. Not a chance I ever shutdown a business on account of corrupt, agenda driven politicians. They let people loot stores, burn down structures, take over city streets, terrorize other citizens with zero recourse and meanwhile business owners are supposed to peacefully obey and shutdown as their lives get destroyed.

Honestly, I have stopped following the subject for the most part because between my business and second job and playing the harness races 5 nights a week I really don't have much time. All I know is that between the time economies were opening up and the protests there wasn't really any spikes of significance. Then they encourage millions of people to go out and protest, yell and scream blowing out spit to hit the person next to them in the face(many did not even have masks on) and mysteriously every time I turn on the radio I hear some crap about cases spiking. Guess what I don't care anymore. People know the score. They know what to do. They know what they shouldn't do. If they are careless they will likely get Covid-19. If they get Covid-19 and their health is in bad condition they will likely die. That is the facts. They are not changing now, not changing next week and may not even change by next year. So people are just going to have to swallow a hard dose of reality and act appropriately or suffer the consequences. Or they can just spend their life in their basement if they are fortunate enough to be able to afford to do so.

Bottom line is the death count is still not very high. See the graph on the bottom of the link below and you see that the death rate is still on a strong downward slope. This may change thanks to our democratic leaders encouraging protests (and hcap save the bullshit articles, nobody with a brain believes them) but since most protesting were on the youngish side, chances are they will make it through covid. Also our 130,000 deaths due to covid is still behind the 225,000 deaths we have the first six months of every year due to smoking.

By the way in the month of june we had an increase of 29,300 deaths due to covid-19. That is about a 29.3% increase. In the month of may we had a 43,00 death increase on 65,000 deaths or about a 66% increase in deaths. If you ask me, despite the economy having opened up quite a bit, 29.3% increase is a hell of a lot better than a 66% increase. Looks to me like we are going the right direction not the wrong direction.

Simply BRAVO

Welcome to our growing majority.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-01-2020, 04:44 PM   #5842
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:

You can speak for me, no problem.
Old 07-01-2020, 04:53 PM   #5843
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Have fun everyone:

Old 07-01-2020, 04:57 PM   #5844
xtb

Quote:

Nicely said!

xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-01-2020, 04:57 PM   #5845
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

The balls on this gumba:

Hey, MR REALITY....I guess YOU denied REALITY when you forced those COVID-19 patients BACK into NURSING HOMES....anybody going to PRESS YOU ON THAT?
Old 07-01-2020, 06:38 PM   #5846
hcap

Quote:
Look at hcap...so concerned...yet still condones this obvious VIOLATION OF SOCIAL DISTANCING and NO MASK WEARING BY MORE THAN A FEW PEOPLE DANCING THE DAY AWAY:

http://https<b><font size="2">://twi...920</font></b>
I do no such thing. However they had something to celebrate.

All cases, hospitalizations, and deaths were way down since the protests.

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/covid/covid-19-data.page

Daily Counts

This chart shows the number of confirmed cases by diagnosis date, hospitalizations by admission date and deaths by date of death from COVID-19 on a daily basis since February 29. Due to delays in reporting, which can take as long as a week, recent data are incomplete.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg NYC cases.JPG (51.6 KB, 3 views)
Old 07-01-2020, 06:59 PM   #5847
hcap

Quote:
.....Bottom line is the death count is still not very high. See the graph on the bottom of the link below and you see that the death rate is still on a strong downward slope. This may change thanks to our democratic leaders encouraging protests (and hcap save the bullshit articles, nobody with a brain believes them) but since most protesting were on the youngish side, chances are they will make it through covid. Also our 130,000 deaths due to covid is still behind the 225,000 deaths we have the first six months of every year due to smoking.

I did not reproduce the early part of your diatribe. But would like to correct you. I told you once before, hospitalizations and fatalities are lagging indicators.

If you looked further on the site you would see tha recent increase in cases .
We are at record breaking levels

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Recent dai9ly new cases.JPG (41.7 KB, 5 views)
Old 07-01-2020, 07:44 PM   #5848
Poindexter

Quote:
I did not reproduce the early part of your diatribe. But would like to correct you. I told you once before, hospitalizations and fatalities are lagging indicators.

If you looked further on the site you would see tha recent increase in cases .
We are at record breaking levels
You did not correct anything. Yes there is an increase in percentage of positive tests, but anyone with any brain activity whatsoever or even an iota of open mindedness will realize that the protests caused the spike. The percentage of positive tests was on a completely downward trend until the George Floyd murder and the encouraged protests and now of course they are spiking up. The George Floyd murder was May 25th.

Look at this chart from John Hopkins

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/individual-states

when did it start spiking upwards, mid-june. What a coincidence. You can believe any fairy tale you want about the protests not causing the spike. I would say that it is a free country (but obviously that has changed).

Meanwhile the same loving democrats that rely strictly on science encouraged everyone to reverse all the progress that was made by encouraging everyone to go out and protest. Now they want to start shutting down the economy again.

I am shocked anyone listens to their bullshit anymore.

fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me

Last edited by Poindexter; 07-01-2020 at 07:53 PM.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-01-2020, 08:04 PM   #5849
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
A lot of people had things to celebrate that they couldn't.

A lot of people had funerals and wakes to give to loved ones who have passed, but they couldn't either.

I can't believe you continue to go down this road...condoning this obviously blatant disregard for social distancing and COVID prevention procedures that have been so strictly enforced in every other area of life.

Then you have the balls (along with those like you and your fake ass studies) to tell us these actions haven't contributed to the SPIKES we are seeing.
Old 07-01-2020, 10:45 PM   #5850
jay68802

Quote:

All cases, hospitalizations, and deaths were way down since the protests.[/SIZE][/B]

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/covid/covid-19-data.page
So everything is good.

No death rates?

Protests, forget them.

B
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply