Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 01-16-2023, 10:57 AM   #1
Cutter14

NFL

This weekends game were very exciting---I don't bet anything other than horses and found all the games very exciting--I'm a Giants fan and was very happy with the outcome--Still can't believe the call for roughing the passer late in the game against them--I know the league wants to protect the quarterback but it's bordering on ridiculous---I believe the Giants got lucky because I thought there was movement on the offensive line when they scored their 2nd touchdown--Kayvon Thibodeaux is a monster---very very fast and is held on almost every play--Tough Tough task this weekend against the Eagles--LETSGO GIANTS-----49ers look like they are the real deal
Cutter14 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2023, 11:05 AM   #2
pandy

Yeah, the roughing the passer call was terrible. The Giants offense rarely looks that in synch, but it will be tougher against the Eagles. The Giants need a top wide receiver.

The games were very good. I also like the 49ers to go all the way.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2023, 09:38 AM   #3
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutter14 View Post
This weekends game were very exciting---I don't bet anything other than horses and found all the games very exciting--I'm a Giants fan and was very happy with the outcome--Still can't believe the call for roughing the passer late in the game against them--I know the league wants to protect the quarterback but it's bordering on ridiculous---I believe the Giants got lucky because I thought there was movement on the offensive line when they scored their 2nd touchdown--Kayvon Thibodeaux is a monster---very very fast and is held on almost every play--Tough Tough task this weekend against the Eagles--LETSGO GIANTS-----49ers look like they are the real deal
You should learn football �� betting . Way easier than horses IMO . Once you understand the dynamics and the biases. Football is the ultimate team sport . There are 22 starters in every game . The media drives the this Qb mentality, and much of the betting public buys in . You avoid betting the team you are a fan of and base your action on the best team . Which also involves evaluation of defenses. That game last night was easy money . Dallas was just a superior team all season long . Tampa was mediocre at best . The Tv puppets made it about Dak and Tom all week . Brady can not move he’s old but his arm is still good . Dallas specializes in front end defense. Tampa also can not run the ball well. That was a recipe for an ass beating . The spread was Dallas minus 2.5 for -120 all week . I was hoping it jumped to -3 . By 6 pm it did at +100. I love those kind of bets . Tampa was pretty much bad all year . But somehow Tom Brady was going to perform miracles against probably the third best team in the Conference? If you bet strictly on the “team” , you will come out with a winning percentage in the end .

Last edited by burnsy; 01-17-2023 at 09:52 AM.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2023, 12:22 PM   #4
Someday Silent

Growing up I didn't care much for football in any form...I'd watch the Super Bowl for the commercials, hah. Then when my mom retired 8 years ago, she started following football, and it rubbed off on me. I still don't bet a lot, but the threads here have taught me quite a bit and I hope next season I can make consistently good picks.
Someday Silent is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2023, 01:25 PM   #5
Cutter14

football betting

I gave up betting other sports over 10 yrs ago---There is no such thing as
"easy money"""--I had a very good friend( may he rest in peace) that was a bookmaker and always complained about losing--He had homes all over and always drove around in nice cars and everything was paid for--I don't think too many bookmakers are crying for $$$$---I'm glad you hit your bets==but just remember there is not such thing as a lock---
There are many obstacles in trying to beat the horses-if you think betting football is easy good for you-YOU ARE ALWAYS GIVING odds if you lose-THE VIG__
Old 01-17-2023, 01:39 PM   #6
Inner Dirt

I think the amazing play of the week was that 14 point swing on the 98 yard fumble return by Sam Hubbard. His listed 40 time is 4.95, I can't believe he made it.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-21-2023, 05:28 PM   #7
Someday Silent

Just like with horses, one knee going bad can change everything.
Someday Silent is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-29-2023, 04:56 PM   #8
thaskalos

Six "experts" behind the desk at halftime to analyze the first-half action of the San Francisco - Philadelphia semi-final game. The game of football must have gotten much more complicated than it used to be.
Old 01-31-2023, 04:51 PM   #9
Cutter14

right

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Six "experts" behind the desk at halftime to analyze the first-half action of the San Francisco - Philadelphia semi-final game. The game of football must have gotten much more complicated than it used to be.
Agreed--cant watch the "expert analysis"--too much b.s.--I know the NFL is really trying to get more women to watch the game but almost all of the sideline analysis are women---people also talk about horse racing not being on the up and up---Football is getting harder and harder for me to watch as the officiating is getting worse and worse and makes me believe that the game is not on the up and up----Anyone that follows football KNOWS that the officials control the game---Holding can be called on almost every play--Pass interference and roughing the passer calls are getting ridiculous-some of the defensive players are in mid=flight when they chase the quarterback and do these refs think they can stop on a dime---I'm 77 yrs old and call me crazy but HORSE RACING IS MY GAME---Keeps whatever I have left of my mind active----Whatever your choice--Good luck
Old 01-31-2023, 09:12 PM   #10
CheckMark

Speaking of the NFL getting weird the Broncos and Saints made a trade today that made me scratch my head:

Saints receive:
2023 1st Round Pick (#29)
2024 2nd Round Pick

Broncos receive:
Sean Payton (coach)
2024 3rd Round Pick

Like I don’t think Sean Payton wants to coach there tbh. But guaranteed he will be the highest paid coach in the NFL just because it’s Sean Payton. I wish the Broncos and Payton luck but the Broncos will definitely need more than just a coach to turn the team around.
Old 01-31-2023, 10:25 PM   #11
woodbinepmi

Living in Baton Rouge they love Payton here, BUT he had one of the greatest QB's in NFL history and only reached the Super Bowl ONCE in a 15-year career, while not playing in the same conference with the Patriots. I just don't get all the admiration he receives. He's Marty Schottenheimer with a ring.
Old 02-01-2023, 07:23 AM   #12
pandy

But, the Saints were victims of the worst non-call of pass interference in NFL playoff history in that 2019 conference game against the Rams or else they would have made the Super Bowl twice.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: