Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Old 05-04-2016, 01:24 PM   #1
Teach

Belmont: Wednesday, May 4

Race One: Summer Sally in this 2 year-old MSW 100k sprint. I like the breeding on this chestnut filly; I believe the first-time starter moves up on a muddy track, e.g., Awesome Again, Maria’s Mon. Irad for RR. Others: 5, 3

Race Two:
Off the lawn and onto main. All right! Before you say, “Tu Sei Pazzo!” I’m taking a flyer with a longshot, On To Trenton (and Princeton, too). I like the wet-track pedigree. Recently claimed by Mike Pino. Trainer Pino does very well with first after a claim. This gelding won his last as the chalk. Yes, I’m out on the limb. No guts, no glory! Others: 3, 5, 8

Race Three:
There’s that “Dynamic Duo”: Linda Rice and Cornelio Velasquez. Yes, this gelding’s been away for a while. Yet, trainer Rice does well with horses coming off a layoff. Outside post and penchant for handling wet-track surfaces serves this gelding well. Dropping faster than the freight elevator I used to run at Gilchrist’s in Boston.In the money three outta four tries on wet surface. My choice: Erik the Red. Others: 3, 1, 5.

Race Four: Another race, another longshot. I’m goin’ for value in what I consider a wide-open race that’s been taken off the turf. My choice, Making History. Yes, Mike Luzzi’s charge stretches out. I believe that helps this Gone West-bred filly. She appeared to want go further in her last. I believe the wet track conditions aids and abets her cause. We shall see. Others: 9, 10, 11

Race Five: Sioux is my choice in this route. This Awesome Again-bred horse won his last handily. Can make it two-straight. It’s Irad again for RR. Others: 2, 3, 5

Race Six:
Stormin Stephen gets my nod in this sprint that was taken off the grass. Solid wet-track pedigree. Javier Castellano in the irons for Monsieur Christophe Clement. Others: 9, 1, 4

Race Seven:
1 Dark Roast is my longshot try in this turf sprint. Only two wins in 27 tries, but this gelding has hit the tote in 16 of those tries. Could be out on the engine and playing “catch me if you can”. Jackie Davis for Russell Cash. Others: 2, 3, 4

Race Eight: Economic Model could do little in his most recent start, The Tampa Bay Derby. Yet finished second in the Grade II Swale at GP prior to that. Which Economic Model do we get? I believe the latter. Should benefit from the moisture, e,g., A. P. Indy. Irad for Chad Brown. Others: 1, 2, 4

Race Nine:
Rapscallion gets blinkers and the services of Joel Rosario. Might just surprise at a price. Major concern: has been on the shelf. Yet, most recent morning work was good. At a price? Others: 11, 10, 8

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: