Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-28-2018, 10:26 AM   #16
chrisl

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Car prices projected to jump under Trump trade agreement with Mexico

Current GOP: We can't raise minimum wage because it would ruin the economy passing costs on to consumers...

Also Current GOP: Raises minimum wage of Mexican Auto Workers...
Detroit Free Press......What a reach. If a deal was to lower wages...You would be spewing how he is ruining family's.. Spin Dr, Spin.
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-28-2018, 10:40 AM   #17
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl View Post
Detroit Free Press......What a reach. If a deal was to lower wages...You would be spewing how he is ruining family's.. Spin Dr, Spin.
Yes...

This forum is littered with examples of me calling for government interference in setting wages...

Nice dodge though... I gathered you wouldn't really have a comeback. Didn't disappoint.

Or are you referring to the lowering of Farm Incomes and the new batch of welfare bailouts to help them out?

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 08-28-2018 at 10:50 AM.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-28-2018, 11:22 AM   #18
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post

You do realize his family and all their businesses have taken nothing but giant HITS since he ran for and won the presidency, right?

I know you think that's a good thing, and that's fine, but don't try and make it like he and his family are getting rich off this gig.
If Trump was half as smart as he thinks he is, he would have known this was inevitable, especially given his fragile ego. Same for his family members who opted to get openly involved in the administration.

It's not about getting rich, it's about ego. They knew there would be heat. If they can't stand it, they should have stayed out of the kitchen.

George Bush kept his family out of it and the press left them alone. Hillary Clinton and Michelle Obama were highly visible and vocal, and got heat, at least from the conservative side.
Old 08-28-2018, 11:38 AM   #19
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
If Trump was half as smart as he thinks he is, he would have known this was inevitable, especially given his fragile ego. Same for his family members who opted to get openly involved in the administration.

It's not about getting rich, it's about ego. They knew there would be heat. If they can't stand it, they should have stayed out of the kitchen.

George Bush kept his family out of it and the press left them alone. Hillary Clinton and Michelle Obama were highly visible and vocal, and got heat, at least from the conservative side.
Who said they can't stand it? Obviously, they can, or they wouldn't be doing it.

I'm just trying to counter the myth that they are profiting handsomely from this endeavor. Didn't Ivanka just basically shut down her clothing company?

Oh yes, that's right, she is:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/24/b...-clothing.html

Must be because she is RAKING IT IN riding daddy's presidential coattails.

So many myths...so little time...
Old 08-28-2018, 11:40 AM   #20
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
When Republicans tell other countries they have to raise wages but freak out when minimum wage gets talked about domestically.

Can't wait to hear the mental gymnastics for this...
You're the only one on here that gets worked up over stuff like this.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-28-2018, 11:47 AM   #21
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
You're the only one on here that gets worked up over stuff like this.
Yep...

I'm actually a limited government guy.
Old 08-28-2018, 11:52 AM   #22
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
The new wage drives up costs on consumers.
And creates many NEW consumers.
Are you suggesting slavery is a good economic option?
Old 08-28-2018, 11:57 AM   #23
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

NASDEA up 16% to over 8,000 for the first time.
DOW wihtin 2% of a new record an hour ago.
Amazon and Apple at all time highs.

Man, I don't know if we can take much of this TRUMP FAMILY windfall!

How selfish of them.
Old 08-28-2018, 11:58 AM   #24
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post

It shouldn't matter if Trump is only half as smart as he thinks he is as long as he's twice as smart as everyone else -- such as his critics in government, in the media and especially right here on PA-OT, which he is and has proven to be since July 2015.

Most of those campaign issues and promises Trump ran on that the Trump bashers said he would not or could not get done, Trump actually did it. Need I list them for you? Nah, I won't because we all know what's he's done despite the distain and criticism for the guy. And all this success within just 18 months. Wow.

As for the press leaving the Bush family alone, I recall countless stories in print and on air about those Bush girls getting drunk all the time, and party-hardying to all hours of the night. Where were the 'journalists' when the older Obama girl admitted to taking pot, just like daddy? And she was much younger than the Bush daughters at the time, IIRC.
Old 08-28-2018, 12:00 PM   #25
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Like everyone on here, they have selective memories.

Now all of a sudden, the left on here was and still is, in love with John McCain...

As if.
Old 08-28-2018, 12:07 PM   #26
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Yep...

I'm actually a limited government guy.
Sure, we all are ... yet I am pretty certain if an Obama did the exact same deal as Trump did, you wouldn't be tying yourself in knots.

Just saying... you were fairly quiet about Obama's over-reaching when he had the office. Plus the GOP's complicity in the over spending and intrusion part of their agenda too at the time. Quiet like a church mouse about the GOP's role in all this mess that Trump is changing.

Bottom line: it's just another great Trump success that you really can't stomach which is the main probable cause for your 'concern'.
Old 08-28-2018, 12:15 PM   #27
3 hole tripp
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
The Trump family...

You do realize his family and all their businesses have taken nothing but giant HITS since he ran for and won the presidency, right?

I know you think that's a good thing, and that's fine, but don't try and make it like he and his family are getting rich off this gig.

I have to be the one to point this out to you because I know ely won't.

Trump and his entire family would have been MUCH BETTER OFF business-wise had Trump just stayed on 5th avenue and never thought about running for president.
Non sense

There is not a thing Trump or his family did EVER to help another common folk. Everything he has ever done is too enrich his IMAGE, wealth and power for him and him only. It is all about him and only him.
Let us remember he is a capitalist at heart whose nature is to crush working people.
3 hole tripp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-28-2018, 12:18 PM   #28
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 hole tripp View Post
Non sense

There is not a thing Trump or his family did EVER to help another common folk. Everything he has ever done is too enrich his IMAGE, wealth and power for him and him only. It is all about him and only him.
Let us remember he is a capitalist at heart whose nature is to crush working people.
I never said he wasn't selfish.

What I said is, running for President and being President hasn't enriched him, his business, or his family's businesses. In fact, it's done just the opposite.

That was your original claim - "He stands for one thing, to move the agenda of the Trump family."

Trump has been talking about running for President since the 80s. This wasn't a "hey, I just woke up one day in 2015 and thought I'd run for President just to see if I can get richer off of it."

Stop with the myths.
Old 08-28-2018, 12:20 PM   #29
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
Sure, we all are ... yet I am pretty certain if an Obama did the exact same deal as Trump did, you wouldn't be tying yourself in knots.

Just saying... you were fairly quiet about Obama's over-reaching when he had the office. Plus the GOP's complicity in the over spending and intrusion part of their agenda too at the time. Quiet like a church mouse about the GOP's role in all this mess that Trump is changing.

Bottom line: it's just another great Trump success that you really can't stomach which is the main probable cause for your 'concern'.
No...

I wasn't.

You say you are for limited government but support tariff policy, wage manipulation, and government subsidies... Okay, bro enjoy your card.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 08-28-2018 at 12:21 PM.
Old 08-28-2018, 12:22 PM   #30
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot2754.jpg (30.2 KB, 1 views)