Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-21-2016, 09:17 PM   #31
reckless
Veteran

On Sat., June 18... first race at Monmouth, 2YO fillies mcl $40,000. Six entered one filly was scratched.

Eddie Plesa had an uncoupled entry, Misschief Maas, making her 2nd start and ridden by Paco Lopez, and Royal Chapeau, a first-timer and ridden by Mister O. Bocachica.

Misschief Maas was ridden by Mister O. Bocachica in her debut. The filly finished a no threat fourth, beaten 7+ lengths at 20-1. Never raised a hoof.

But Saturday, Misschief Maas, owned by Plesa's wife for crying out loud, went off at 3-5 or so and won by the length of the stretch.

Royal Chapeau, ridden by Mister O. Bocachica, was never bet and never raised a hoof.

Bad ride or no bad ride, bad rider or not, this shit happens all the time and no one gets called in on the carpet and it stinks to high heaven.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2016, 09:52 PM   #32
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless
On Sat., June 18... first race at Monmouth, 2YO fillies mcl $40,000. Six entered one filly was scratched.

Eddie Plesa had an uncoupled entry, Misschief Maas, making her 2nd start and ridden by Paco Lopez, and Royal Chapeau, a first-timer and ridden by Mister O. Bocachica.

Misschief Maas was ridden by Mister O. Bocachica in her debut. The filly finished a no threat fourth, beaten 7+ lengths at 20-1. Never raised a hoof.

But Saturday, Misschief Maas, owned by Plesa's wife for crying out loud, went off at 3-5 or so and won by the length of the stretch.

Royal Chapeau, ridden by Mister O. Bocachica, was never bet and never raised a hoof.

Bad ride or no bad ride, bad rider or not, this shit happens all the time and no one gets called in on the carpet and it stinks to high heaven.
I watched both replays in question. I won't pretend to follow MTH, gave up on that make pretend A circuit track years ago. Too much juice there and more juice and more juice and more juice and more juice and more juice.

With that said, I can see the winner improving. Was wide in 1st start, bit wide, had a burst into the lane then was green on the wrong lead. Plus the June 18 field looked really weak. If you know the 6 is not good (which Plesa must have) then yes I can see them pounding their horse.

Now, with that said LOL, the musical jockey chairs and "smart" money at MTH, along with all the juicers occupying the backstretch is a reason I have exactly $0 and 0 cents wagered at MTH this year. I'm with ya on that

Nobody cares and no one does a thing.

Finally, what is up with this guys shirt? It seems untucked again. He rides with his ass so high you'd think he's looking for something high up in the trees through his butt.

Not with my hard earned money.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2016, 10:06 PM   #33
castaway01

Quote:

You neglect to mention Misschief Mass was 7-5 ML. That's why it's impossible to really support these threads. The original ride in question was crap and should be investigated. But then you have to start wailing and moaning about a different race that there was nothing controversial about while leaving out key facts like that the horse was a heavy favorite on paper. Junk like that throws off the serious question of what was going on with the first ride and offers nothing of use.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2016, 11:01 PM   #34
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01
You neglect to mention Misschief Mass was 7-5 ML. That's why it's impossible to really support these threads. The original ride in question was crap and should be investigated. But then you have to start wailing and moaning about a different race that there was nothing controversial about while leaving out key facts like that the horse was a heavy favorite on paper. Junk like that throws off the serious question of what was going on with the first ride and offers nothing of use.
Although you make sense in all that you say, it could've been said nicer.

Just did a search on you and I might be wrong but it says you have started exactly ZERO threads in all your time here.

Way to contribute You just come in blast and hide when responded to.

Maybe your user name should Classaway
Old 06-22-2016, 05:20 AM   #35
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
Although you make sense in all that you say, it could've been said nicer.

Just did a search on you and I might be wrong but it says you have started exactly ZERO threads in all your time here.

Way to contribute You just come in blast and hide when responded to.

Maybe your user name should Classaway
What you had to say in your "expert" way of telling people their job--a job you've never done BTW-- wasn't very nice, either.
Would you say anything like that to Saez if you weren't completely anonymous?
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2016, 06:31 AM   #36
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
What you had to say in your "expert" way of telling people their job--a job you've never done BTW-- wasn't very nice, either.
Would you say anything like that to Saez if you weren't completely anonymous?
Are you kidding? I sit next to a Hall of Fame jock while I'm at Belmont and he hears my "direct" comments daily. I also sit at the 23/16 pole as horses warm up and believe you me, I tell the jocks in a professional way what transpired out there.

Heck, I just called Jose Ortiz a complete crook in the ramp on Belmont Stakes day in front of thousands.

However, I am not negative Nellie. I am positive 90% of the time. Professionally and personally. Only at the track does my intelligence get insulted to this extreme (grabs, Saez's actions etc.). As a highly contributing patron, I exercise my right to let them have it.

Now as for Class away. His MO is clear and just like he takes the liberty to make himself feel better by putting others down, I took the liberty to defend another poster against him. The difference between Class away and I is my intent isn't to hurt someone else's feelings. It's to say it like it is. Ray Charles can see his intent. ( 0 threads started, almost always coming in to negatively to blast away).

Last edited by EMD4ME; 06-22-2016 at 06:35 AM.
Old 06-22-2016, 06:53 AM   #37
overthehill

jose ortiz-sea calilsi

Speaking of a memorable ride. jose ortiz on sea calisi riding from the rail on the best horse, gave one of the worst rides i have ever seen in a stake race. managing to lose to his brother who rode the longer priced stable mate who got a perfect trip. I cant remember the last time at belmont that i have seen the best horse bottled up for almost the entire turf race.
overthehill is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2016, 07:10 AM   #38
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Fair enough...seemed curious no one even brought up the original ride before the European gent mentioned it--suddenly we're all over the eastern seaboard again bashing riders.

I have a feeling this thread might not be done...but do carry on
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2016, 07:35 AM   #39
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Said my peace. Won't get it into it anymore. God knows we can't afford any more closed threads around here.
Old 06-22-2016, 07:41 AM   #40
biggestal99

Quote:

LOL. 3-5 on the tote. I was matched at 2.24 (6-5+). Layed the OB.

Money in the bank.

Horse in question was dropping in class, you knew he would improve off the jock switch and the drop in class and second start.

com'n how long have you been handicapping horses. Trainer intent.

Plesa has a gaudy ROI 2nd time out. (3.38) and a lousy 1st out (1.07)

this was a no-brainer play at short odds.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2016, 12:41 PM   #41
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01
Yes he was 7-5 on the ML.... yes the field size was small at first, then smaller still with a scratch.... but he was 20-1 in that debut and never ran a jump with Bocachica riding. Then on Saturday he opens at 2-5! And I do not think that MSW field was exceptionally tough since the first three finishers were separated by only 2 lengths.

It is okay if controversy is not your bag but do you seriously think it is a-OK that Plesa's wife owns the winner, that's 4-5 following a horrible debut against a weak MSW field?? And Bocachica is off the horse?

It is really no big deal castaway but to say I am wailing and moaning is laughable. Also, learn what is a 'key' fact is and what is not in the future, OK?
Old 06-22-2016, 12:47 PM   #42
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Yes he was 7-5 on the ML.... yes the field size was small at first, then smaller still with a scratch.... but he was 20-1 in that debut and never ran a jump with Bocachica riding. Then on Saturday he opens at 2-5! And I do not think that MSW field was exceptionally tough since the first three finishers were separated by only 2 lengths.

It is okay if controversy is not your bag but do you seriously think it is a-OK that Plesa's wife owns the winner, that's 4-5 following a horrible debut against a weak MSW field?? And Bocachica is off the horse?

It is really no big deal castaway but to say I am wailing and moaning is laughable. Also, learn what is a 'key' fact is and what is not in the future, OK?

Whatever you thought of her first effort, it was still faster than what the other horses had run, at least on my figures. She increased her figure from 62 to a 76 in the win, but no other horse topped 57 in the race. Her first race would have still won this one. That is a big part of why she was 3 to 5, the weak field.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2016, 01:09 PM   #43
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by overthehill
Speaking of a memorable ride. jose ortiz on sea calisi riding from the rail on the best horse, gave one of the worst rides i have ever seen in a stake race. managing to lose to his brother who rode the longer priced stable mate who got a perfect trip. I cant remember the last time at belmont that i have seen the best horse bottled up for almost the entire turf race.
It wasn't a great ride, that's true, but it wasn't anywhere close to the "worst" ride in any kind of race, whatever the conditions.

It's probably worth mentioning that the horse stumbled badly at the start, never a good thing, but especially bad when you are a deep closer to begin with.

Sea Calisi was best, and should have won, but rider error was only one contributing factor.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2016, 04:32 PM   #44
no breathalyzer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99
LOL. 3-5 on the tote. I was matched at 2.24 (6-5+). Layed the OB.

Money in the bank.

Horse in question was dropping in class, you knew he would improve off the jock switch and the drop in class and second start.

com'n how long have you been handicapping horses. Trainer intent.

Plesa has a gaudy ROI 2nd time out. (3.38) and a lousy 1st out (1.07)

this was a no-brainer play at short odds.

Allan

No disrespect... but you do realize basically no one can bet thru the exchange hearing just how great betting it is getting stale .. can you please tone it down? thanks..... We got the point 30 threads ago
no breathalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2016, 05:29 PM   #45
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Whatever you thought of her first effort, it was still faster than what the other horses had run, at least on my figures. She increased her figure from 62 to a 76 in the win, but no other horse topped 57 in the race. Her first race would have still won this one. That is a big part of why she was 3 to 5, the weak field.
Thanks for your imput, cj.

You say Misschief Maas ran a 76 on Saturday.... what was the figure that the first place horse earned in the MSW race on June 3? Thanks.