Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Old 06-09-2018, 05:30 PM   #1
Teach

Meadowlands: Sat., June 9

Race One:

3 ITS JUST TOO MUCH. Try as I might, I can’t find anybody who I think can beat this guy. The way the race has been conditioned – the first leg of The Caramore – this fella just squeezes in. I will admit that this 5-year old Cole Muffler-bred gelding turned in a solid winning effort in his last at Freehold. Yet, it was – the perfect set-up. I will share a gnawing concern that he has missed a week. Yes, sometimes, for whatever the reason, it can be a factor. He does have the services of driver Jim Marohn, Jr. (This may be Jim Marohn, Jr.’s “red letter” day) and trainer Allie Reynolds. He’s got lots of speed. Others: 2 May I Cruise West; 7 Sir Ritchie N; 5 Hefty Lefty.

Race Two:

As I glim the past performances for this race – first leg of The Caramore - three horses stand out. I gotta believe one of those three will grace “The Big M’s” winner’s circle. In post-position order: 2 ROCKINWITHTHEBEST just got beat by ByBy Landon in last week’s stretch duel. This Artsplace-bred picks up the services of the meet’s leading driver, Jim Marohn, Jr. He again draws an excellent starting post; that gives Marohn, Jr. lots of options. This guy should be close-up. Brandon Mongiello trains. The aforementioned 5 BYBY LANDON, a Camluck-bred, was as game as they come last week as he shot to the lead, and although challenged, he prevailed. I look for this fella to be out and going when the wings retract. Eric Abbatiello, the son of “The Red Man,” Carmine Abbatiello, is in the bike. “ER: He’s in the Game!” Chris Marino trains. Then, there’s “the newcomer,” 6 MIKE’S POWERHOUSE. He ships in from Harrah’s Philadelphia after a recent “tune-up” qualifier. Does he “hit the ground running,” or does he need one under his belt? Vinny Ginsburg, of the Ginsburg mishpocheh and Fusco famiglia, is in the bike. His “Uncle Vinny” trains. Playing the super? 1 Steady Pulse.

Race Three:

Again, three horses to consider here. In post-position order: 4 MEDOLAND JATE. This guy turned in a solid performance in last week’s edition. Does he take a step forward, or does this fella remain an “also ran”? One thing appears certain: His running style indicates he’ll need “live cover”. There’s little margin for error. Vinny Ginsburg has “the lines” for “II Suo Zio,” Vincent Fusco, Jr. Then there’s 5 THE FIRE WITHIN. This guy won last week’s edition. Repeat? Does he remain as sharp as he showed in last week’s race? Driver switch to Jim Marohn, Jr. Brandon Mongiello trains. Finally, 6 OUTCRY took some “do-re-mi” last week, but, for whatever reason, he didn’t “fire”. Yet, today’s another day. I actually like him “outside”. It better suits his running style. I believe he’s gotta shot. Eric Abbatiello is in the sulky for trainer Bruce Lauer.

Race Four:

4 ALWAYS A HOTSHOT gets some post relief. That should enhance this guy’s chance of getting his picture take. Victor Kirby reprises for trainer Robert Baggitt, Jr. This fella is speedier than most of these. If he can work out the trip? Others: 2 RU Ready To Rock; 5 Feel The Need A; 7 Nobles Finesse.

Race Five:

2 GAIUS CRASTINUS gets my tepid nod in what I see as a wide-open race. I thought this guy would have done better last week, yet the wet-track conditions might have compromised this fella’s chances. He draws well. He fits well. He has the services of both driver Vinny Ginsburg and trainer Tom Fanning. This American Ideal-bred should be sitting near the front; all that would appear necessary is a closing brush. Others: 3 Better in Blue; 5 Love Tap Hanover; 6 Danish Diligence.

Race Six:

4 WHEELS ON FIRE ships in from Pocono; he faced better in PA. This Ron Burke-trainee now competes at a level in which he can prevail. I look for a big effort from this guy. Jim Marohn, Jr. handles the reins. Others: 8 Mr Heaven, 7 Joe Six Pack; 5 So Confused.

Race Seven:

5 ALL BETS OFF turned in an excellent performance finishing 3rd as a 15-1 shot in Northfield Park’s signature event, the Battle of Lake Erie. If this guy can build on that effort, he can prevail here. Jim Marohn, Jr. is in the sulky for the “Burke Brigade”. Others: 6 Mel Mara; 3 Hug The Wind N; 2 Emeritus Maximus.

Race Eight:

6 ACTING OUT turned in a solid effort in his initial seasonal try at “The Big M”. I believe this guy can build on that 2nd place finish. Jim Marohn, Jr. is in the bike for owner-trainer Sal Vumbaca. Others: 1 Sagebrush Sid; 4 Sams Triple Crown; 8 Ashley’s Husband.

Race Nine:

5 EXPRESS STRIDE N beat slightly weaker in his last. In his current good form, he’s most capable of making it two-straight. Victor Kirby mans the reins for trainer Mel Harder. Others: 3 Bruce’s Magic; 1/1A ToatsMyGoats/Ballerat Boomerang; 4 MaaJaackkobe

Race Ten:

8 SOUTHERN PURSUIT N is my pick. This guy almost held on from his extreme outside post in his last. He does get a degree of post-position relief. Look for him to be out and going. Jim Marohn, Jr. is in the bike for trainer Scott DiDomenico. Others: 4 Spicebomb; 3 Urbanite Hanover; 5 Hillbilly Hanover.

Race Eleven:

7 YO APOLLO CREED gets my nod in the finale. Yes, once again, I’m going with a Jim Marohn, Jr.-driven horse. This 4-year old gelding has faced better in the past. Scott DiDomenico trains. Others: 4 Playerosa; 5 IYQ YQR; 9 Bobjacks Angle A

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: