Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2018, 11:17 AM   #8191
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Save it for literal minded jackasses.
Luther authored this gem...
Oh...so you're to be numbered among "literal minded jackasses" too, since you take Luther's "gem" literally? Why am I not surprised?
Old 09-07-2018, 12:08 PM   #8192
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Tell, Hcap, do you to this day, blame all Germans everywhere for the Holocaust?
So you are comparing the leaders of Christianity to Nazi's?
Old 09-07-2018, 12:14 PM   #8193
boxcar

Quote:
So you are comparing the leaders of Christianity to Nazi's?
No, I'm comparing Germans everywhere to Christians everywhere.
Old 09-07-2018, 12:40 PM   #8194
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Tell, Hcap, do you to this day, blame all Germans everywhere for the Holocaust?

And you speak of "real life"!? You who are so out of touch with reality!? Let me tell you something about real life: The choices we make in this life have real consequences. And most Jews 2,000 years ago chose to reject their Messiah and to deliver him over to the Romans to be murdered for no legitimate reason whatsoever!

And then to pile on to that greatest transgression in the history of humanity, after Pentecost in Acts 1, when the gospel of kingdom of God started to spread like wildfire, the Jews responded with hateful persecution in Jerusalem and Judea against believers, just as Jesus predicted they would!

But that still wasn't enough. More piling on was in order! After Paul converted from his murderous ways toward The Way (the Church), and God called him to preach the gospel to the Gentiles, the Jews living in Asia Minor could not bear up with the Gentiles (who they largely considered to be "dogs" in the first place) who came to faith in the Son of David; instead, they had to persecute Paul and the Gentile believers, or try to bring the Gentiles into the obsolete covenant Law of Moses!

Did the Jews suffer at the hands of professing Christians centuries later? Yes, they did! But you -- a huge fan of "karma" no doubt -- now question why the tables were eventually turned on the Jews!? Don't you know that even the Jews were willing for themselves and their posterity to suffer being cursed so that they could murder their Messiah and be done with him!?

Matt 27:25
25 And all the people answered and said, "His blood be on us and on our children!"
NASB

Choices do indeed have consequences! People really should be careful for the things they wish!

But in spite of all this hatred the Jews had toward the Messiah and his disciples, and in spite of all the suffering the Jews have suffered at the hands of Gentiles and professing Christians -- in spite of all this animosity and hatred on both sides -- the apostle Paul in Romans assures Jews and Gentiles alike that God has not rejected his chosen people -- the people whom he has foreknown before the foundation of the world. Paul assures everyone that a time is coming when "all Israel will be saved" (11:26). God has not abandoned his Old Covenant people; for from the time of Pentecost to this very day, the Old Covenant people of God have been brought into the New Covenant relationship with him.

Even with the election of Trump, God's hand was truly in that event. Look what has happened in Israel. The U.S. and a handful of other nations have officially recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. And Trump has been working to cut aid to the enemies of Israel -- the Palestinians. And Iran is pissed off at the U.S. because Trump has imposed sanctions again on them. And then we have the Syria situation, etc., etc. In short, things are again heating up in the Middle East because the time for the "fullness of the Gentiles" is at hand. It appears that the Sovereign God Almighty above is using Trump to stir the pot!

Know this and bank on it: When the Son of David returns, he will return to the City of David -- His City!

Zech 14:3-4
3 Then the Lord will go forth and fight against those nations, as when He fights on a day of battle. 4 And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, which is in front of Jerusalem on the east; and the Mount of Olives will be split in its middle from east to west by a very large valley, so that half of the mountain will move toward the north and the other half toward the south.
NASB

You do know where the Mt. Olives is, right? You do know that it overlooks the old temple sight in Jerusalem, right?

You, too, can still be part of the "all Israel" who will be saved; for the Lord would welcome you with open arms into his kingdom. But you are stiff-necked, obstinate and hard-hearted and want to play loose and fancy with the holy Word of God with all your allegorical, psycho-babbling.

But I tell you: Repent! For the time is near -- either for your own personal demise or for the Lord's return.
When you coin it so eloquently and convincingly...who among us can resist your call to "Repent!"? I know that I am convinced! What do I do next? Where is the nearest Calvinist gathering? Do these establishments show up on Google searches? Do I just walk in...or must I report my attendance beforehand? Or is it possible for me to "Repent!" from the privacy of my own home?

Hurry, man...commence with the details. There may be no time to waste!
Old 09-07-2018, 01:08 PM   #8195
hcap

Quote:
No, I'm comparing Germans everywhere to Christians everywhere.
I thought you mentioned holocaust. Are you also comparing the Nazi holocaust to the 2,000 year long holocaust practiced on the Christians on Jews?

Btw, according to Jews, Jesus was never their Messiah. Another example of how you are ill informed. And you claim you don't have to know anything about other Religions, and egotistically re-defined Judaism in your own image.
Old 09-07-2018, 01:09 PM   #8196
hcap

Gus, did you find out anything about "rep" points?
Old 09-07-2018, 01:16 PM   #8197
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Details??
“Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has; it never comes to the aid of spiritual things, but more frequently than not struggles against the divine Word, treating with contempt all that emanates from God.”

― Martin Luther
Old 09-07-2018, 01:25 PM   #8198
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
“Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has; it never comes to the aid of spiritual things, but more frequently than not struggles against the divine Word, treating with contempt all that emanates from God.”

― Martin Luther
Figures box follows this "astute" lunatic.
Is Calvin any better?
Old 09-07-2018, 01:32 PM   #8199
thaskalos

Quote:
Gus, did you find out anything about "rep" points?
Harry...I don't know how the rep points are tabulated...and I don't consider this to be a serious enough issue to bother with. My guess is that the conservatives dominate this board, and any positive rep points that the liberals give to one-another are negated by the negative rep points that these same liberals get from our conservative cognoscenti here. When I look around and see a red-carded poster with zero rep-points here, this poster is always a liberal...so, what other opinion can I draw about this?

I don't know why this rep-point system exists here, or what purpose it's supposed to serve. But I doubt that it's my place to tell PA-Mike how to run his business.
Old 09-07-2018, 01:36 PM   #8200
boxcar

Quote:
I thought you mentioned holocaust. Are you also comparing the Nazi holocaust to the 2,000 year long holocaust practiced on the Christians on Jews?

Btw, according to Jews, Jesus was never their Messiah. Another example of how you are ill informed. And you claim you don't have to know anything about other Religions, and egotistically re-defined Judaism in your own image.
You talk about my ignorance, yet you don't know that the first Christians were virtually all Jews!? Don't you know that the gospel went out from Jerusalem to Judea to Samaria and from there to the ends of the earth? Virtually all the first Christians were Jews.

I'm not aware of any 2,000-year Christian holocaust on the Jews. Do you have proof of this 2000-year war?
Old 09-07-2018, 01:40 PM   #8201
boxcar

Quote:
Figures box follows this "astute" lunatic.
Is Calvin any better?
Did Luther inspire the bible to be written? If not, then I don't follow him. I subscribe wholeheartedly to Sola Scriptura.
Old 09-07-2018, 02:13 PM   #8202
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Harry...I don't know how the rep points are tabulated...and I don't consider this to be a serious enough issue to bother with. My guess is that the conservatives dominate this board, and any positive rep points that the liberals give to one-another are negated by the negative rep points that these same liberals get from our conservative cognoscenti here. When I look around and see a red-carded poster with zero rep-points here, this poster is always a liberal...so, what other opinion can I draw about this?

I don't know why this rep-point system exists here, or what purpose it's supposed to serve. But I doubt that it's my place to tell PA-Mike how to run his business.
I sort of figured that out. But what concerns me is not being able to award a positive point to someone I never gave one to before and getting that message about "spreading some reputation points around before giving it to....."

That is a sham
Old 09-07-2018, 02:40 PM   #8203
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
I'm working on my horrible "meanness". I'll try to refrain from employing such nasty, vile monikers to various people such as HalvBaked, Humpty, Dumpty, Einstein, Sherlock, etc. Just horrible names.

But I do have a question: Would you like me better if I adopted the kind of rhetoric used by the Vagina Queens of the Women's Lib Movement? (You know those nasty women who wear those pink weird hats?) Their language is, to say the least, "colorful". Do you think I'm as mean as they are -- or meaner?

And you may not be puffed wheat, but you're also not a man's man either, by any stretch when you constantly complain about my brand of "meanness". You really need to beg, borrow, steal, rent or buy a sense of humor.

Finally, quit taking your delicate, fragile little self so seriously. Your uber frail sensibilities could use a major overhaul.
You know so little about me, and most of what you think you know you got wrong.

When you are really funny I'll laugh.
Old 09-07-2018, 04:01 PM   #8204
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
You talk about my ignorance, yet you don't know that the first Christians were virtually all Jews!?
What is your evidence? You make the claim; the burden of proof is yours. Were not most of the churches in Greece, the exceptions being one in Jerusalem and one in Rome? Why were the Gospels written in Greek?

Quote:
Don't you know that the gospel went out from Jerusalem to Judea to Samaria ...
Was not Samaria between Jerusalem and Judea? Did not Philo identify it as such?

Quote:
Virtually all the first Christians were Jews.
Do you have verifiable numbers?
Old 09-07-2018, 04:04 PM   #8205
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
You know so little about me, and most of what you think you know you got wrong.

When you are really funny I'll laugh.
I know enough!

If medical science ever invents skin transplants, be sure to volunteer your services so that you can get a sorely needed thicker variety.