Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 08-19-2014, 11:47 AM   #1
pat

Trouble with NYRA Rewards

Has anyone else experienced false bets being wagered on NYRA rewards.
On sunday I wagered a couple of bets from home using the internet. When I arrived at the track a couple of hrs later I noticed my acct was missing $ . I went to a mutual clerk and she explained to me I would have to speak to a supervisor I waited approx 20 minutes no supervisor showed. I then proceded to call nyra wagering and they informed me that they could not help me and they would transfer me to the nyra mutuals dept.
The mutuals dept. read my bets back to me and explained that 6 seconds after I signed out one of my bets were repeated. They then stated they couldnt help me any further and I would have to speak to customer service. I then explained this to a customer service represenative and she stated someone would have to call me back monday or tuesday after its investigated. Im 100% sure I did not make that bet. Its now tuesday midday and Im still waiting for their call. Is it possible the NYRA wagering site is not secure.
pat is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2014, 03:35 AM   #2
Hoofless_Wonder
broken-down horseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat
Has anyone else experienced false bets being wagered on NYRA rewards.
On sunday I wagered a couple of bets from home using the internet. When I arrived at the track a couple of hrs later I noticed my acct was missing $ . I went to a mutual clerk and she explained to me I would have to speak to a supervisor I waited approx 20 minutes no supervisor showed. I then proceded to call nyra wagering and they informed me that they could not help me and they would transfer me to the nyra mutuals dept.
The mutuals dept. read my bets back to me and explained that 6 seconds after I signed out one of my bets were repeated. They then stated they couldnt help me any further and I would have to speak to customer service. I then explained this to a customer service represenative and she stated someone would have to call me back monday or tuesday after its investigated. Im 100% sure I did not make that bet. Its now tuesday midday and Im still waiting for their call. Is it possible the NYRA wagering site is not secure.
Did you ask how a bet could be made after you were logged out?

Seems a bit odd. Could be a bug in their code. If someone were to hack your account, I suppose they could amuse themselves by wagering, but the main goal would be to transfer funds out or get a check, which in turn would require updating the profile with the appropriate info (band account or mailing address).

Hopefully their customer service will keep after it, and get an answer for you. Do you have a ticket or reference number on the issue? Keep after them, though have some patience. I imagine this doesn't happen every day.
Old 09-03-2014, 01:35 PM   #3
tlinetrader

Are you sure they admitted a bet was duplicated "after" you signed out? I would ask them how they can accept a wager from a client who isn't logged in. That would clearly indicate a problem on their end.
tlinetrader is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2014, 11:16 AM   #4
Flysofree
Veteran

I hope you get this resolved favorably. But it's going to be hard to prove that you didn't make the bet UNLESS you have can prove they said it was AFTER you logged out. Then it's obviously not your fault.....
Flysofree is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2014, 07:26 PM   #5
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flysofree
I hope you get this resolved favorably. But it's going to be hard to prove that you didn't make the bet UNLESS you have can prove they said it was AFTER you logged out. Then it's obviously not your fault.....
Any luck so far?
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2014, 07:41 PM   #6
Flysofree
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
Any luck so far?
I hope the poster gets back to us about this.
Flysofree is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2014, 07:47 PM   #7
pat

EMD4ME]Any luck so far?

Yes as a matter of fact the money was credited back to my acct.I believe the problem was with the mobile wagering site (android )but they wouldnt admit it because 2 days later it happened again but this time after I signed out , I signed back on to check acct and $ was missing again so i called immediately and spoke to supervisor who cancelled bet for me, in both instances the next to last wager was repeated.They said they would convey this to their IT people .I also explained to them I would be more than willing to walk thru their IT people exactly what my steps were when wagering .As of this blog I have yet to hear from anyone.
pat is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2014, 07:56 PM   #8
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat
EMD4ME]Any luck so far?

Yes as a matter of fact the money was credited back to my acct.I believe the problem was with the mobile wagering site (android )but they wouldnt admit it because 2 days later it happened again but this time after I signed out , I signed back on to check acct and $ was missing again so i called immediately and spoke to supervisor who cancelled bet for me, in both instances the next to last wager was repeated.They said they would convey this to their IT people .I also explained to them I would be more than willing to walk thru their IT people exactly what my steps were when wagering .As of this blog I have yet to hear from anyone.
That's good news!!! At least you got your money back AND you helped me. I use NYRA rewards and I have an android so I appreciate your feedback sincerely.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply