Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 12-24-2016, 09:31 PM   #316
no breathalyzer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyinseattle
Saw that ride the other day and thought what jock that was.....one of the worst rides I've seen in years.......not shocked that it was Bravo.....I would imagine a few tv's across the country had remotes planted in the screen after that race...
think it was more unlucky then anything.. that was my first reaction... he had more horse then the trainer prob told him .. the shut him down.. i will go back and look again now
no breathalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2016, 09:34 PM   #317
no breathalyzer
Veteran

Quote:
Saw that ride the other day and thought what jock that was.....one of the worst rides I've seen in years.......not shocked that it was Bravo.....I would imagine a few tv's across the country had remotes planted in the screen after that race...

sorry you had $$$$ on that one... but thats a bit extreme to think that's a worst ride in yrs
no breathalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2016, 09:43 PM   #318
Garyinseattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by no breathalyzer
sorry you had $$$$ on that one... but thats a bit extreme to think that's a worst ride in yrs
Nah...didn't bet the race.....saw it on TVG. But IMHO it was one of the worst rides I have seen in a long time. If you have that much horse stay outta trouble.....go wide.
Garyinseattle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2016, 11:23 PM   #319
arw629
First Time Gelding

Quote:
Nah...didn't bet the race.....saw it on TVG. But IMHO it was one of the worst rides I have seen in a long time. If you have that much horse stay outta trouble.....go wide.
I don't think it was necessarily a bad ride more like bad luck....Bravo got great positioning out of the gate from the 8 hole behind the speed and the 2 favorites ....if the front end didn't collapse so easily he goes right around them and wins for fun....instead the front collapses and the closers were able to move before him and then traffic became an issue....if the front end doesn't collapse and he wins you would be saying it was a great ride ....it was just like a harness race when a driver gets the pocket trip and is loaded but the leader quits and the outer flow gets the jump
arw629 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2016, 11:39 PM   #320
Norm Gold

Happy Holidays Dahoss
Norm Gold is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2016, 11:43 PM   #321
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Gold
Happy Holidays Dahoss
You waited five years to post. Please don't make 95% of your posts Dahoss related.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2016, 03:20 PM   #322
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Yet another Paco butcher job in 7th today. He actually did an amazing job working out a trip to the top of the stretch. Then he had to use he hands.

Gave his mount (who started to bear in) a right handed crack. The horse came in even further, Paco lost momentum and he ended up 4th. A rider with some finesse has the horse 2nd at worst
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2016, 03:33 PM   #323
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
You waited five years to post. Please don't make 95% of your posts Dahoss related.
I find myself talking to myself a lot too CJ. Happens a lot in this world
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-27-2016, 12:49 PM   #324
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698
Ever notice how FRAUDISME needs the last word?

Dude has more mental issues than the creeps he speaks for
I guess the answer to my question was no.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2016, 02:57 PM   #325
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Finger lakes jock should have tried to get lead and rail on the giro horse, not a terrible ride but could have been better if he seized the lead and rail after breaking like a shot
EasyGoer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2016, 03:01 PM   #326
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyGoer89
Finger lakes jock should have tried to get lead and rail on the giro horse, not a terrible ride but could have been better if he seized the lead and rail after breaking like a shot
Just posted the same in TLG thread. He was too busy imitating a statue in the 7 path.

These guys don't have the mental capacity to realize that you use to gain an inch but WIN BACK A MILE, by clearing the 3,relaxing in the 2nd quarter and then distributing energy into the lane.
Old 12-30-2016, 04:13 PM   #327
sharkie187

Is it just me, or did Kent D. stop riding (again) on the 2 at SA 2nd race? He seemed to give him a good push but then...he just stopped and it seemed the 3 just passed him easily. Even the 3's jock (Flavein Prat) kept pushing his horse even passed the wire.

FYI...they were (sort of) battling for 2nd

Last edited by sharkie187; 12-30-2016 at 04:16 PM.
sharkie187 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2016, 04:18 PM   #328
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkie187
Is it just me, or did Kent D. stop riding (again) on the 2 at SA 2nd race? He seemed to give him a good push but then...he just stopped and it seemed the 3 just passed him easily. Even the 3's jock (Flavein Prat) kept pushing his horse even passed the wire.

FYI...they were (sort of) battling for 2nd
I think the 2 was a bit in tight late. I didn't see the head on.
Old 12-30-2016, 04:25 PM   #329
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Addiel Ayala in the AQU 9th breaking on top by 3 lengths and then taking back to 4th speaks volumes about the future riders in this country.

Dumb, dumb, dumb
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2016, 06:59 PM   #330
SuperPickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
Just posted the same in TLG thread. He was too busy imitating a statue in the 7 path.

These guys don't have the mental capacity to realize that you use to gain an inch but WIN BACK A MILE, by clearing the 3,relaxing in the 2nd quarter and then distributing energy into the lane.
This was today's Sophie's Choice of horse betting. A guy on a horse about 3-5 lengths the best but of course instead of gunning he tries to gradual clear. Doesn't get it done by the turn and loses.
SuperPickle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply