Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 12-30-2020, 12:11 PM   #31
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20 View Post
WRONG! Your problem was you got upset and depressed when you found out that black QBs at Ohio St. are unsuited for the next level. You never knew any of this until I started the thread.

So am I an idiot or a genius? I would prefer you think I am an idiot; it's not good for the ego when the entire planet thinks your brilliant! I need one detractor!

You are lying when you said you knew what my post was about, you never had a clue. If you did you would have acknowledged it and then stated your rebuttal. That is how debates are carried out, or did you not learn how to debate. You did not once bring up Wilson or Fields, now did you!
For Chrissakes man...
I knew what your point was. I chose not to acknowledge your point because it was overshadowed by the WAY YOU CHOSE TO MAKE IT.
Do you understand that?

Yes, Wilson may be a better choice than Fields.
The bigger picture is that NOBODY (for the most part) who plays QB for Ohio St is a good pro prospect...been that way for decades...but you CHOSE to focus on their black QBs while neglecting recent white QBs who also failed (or were never drafted) in the NFL. Guys like Krenzel, Bellisari, Boeckman, and Zwick.

You even made the utterly RIDICULOUS statement that Ohio St EXCLUSIVELY recruits black QBs, even though they recently had Joe Burrow.
Then, like the Eintstein () that you are, you doubled down on only their black QBs.
So, for the last time....just because I didn’t acknowledge your point doesn’t mean I didn’t know what you were TRYING to say. I chose to focus on the ridiculous and untrue claim that OSU was recruiting only black QBs.

The end.
Old 12-30-2020, 02:13 PM   #32
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Welcome to cancel culture, POT.
Not as fun when YOU are the one, huh.
Old 12-30-2020, 11:29 PM   #33
ElKabong

I'm not picking a side here.

I'll just say osu, like herman at TEXAS, has recruited a lot of guys that are definitely NFL style QBs . JT Barrett at Wichita Falls Rider was a good passer, only needing solid coaching to groom him for the next level

He never got the coaching. Neither did haskins, nor Sam at Texas. They were coached DOWN to meet the immediate offensive needs of the coaching staff

It's a shame and a waste of talent. Watch replays of Sam and JT Barrett in their HS years in the playoffs. Good arms, read defenses well.

They were never developed. In Barrett's case he regressed. Badly

FWIW, given the right system Troy Smith could have been a good nfl qb.. jmo... but that was pre Urban Meyer era . Young was a sweater vest tressel offspring
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden

Last edited by ElKabong; 12-30-2020 at 11:32 PM.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-31-2020, 08:03 AM   #34
delayjf

Quote:
Wouldn’t it be ridiculous if I tried to make the point that Oklahoma coach Stoops was clearly recruiting only white QBs that fit his system in the early 2000’s and how they were all failing in the NFL? Guys like Sam Bradford, Landry Jones, Josh Heupel, and Jason White.
IMO the reason almost all of the big name QB don't pan out in the NFL is that they are overated due to the fact that they play on a team that is has more
overall talent then most of their completion, How many QBs from USC, Alabama, Florida, have made it beyond their rookie contracts in the past 20 years?
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-01-2021, 07:10 PM   #35
myohmyjustify

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post
Why is everything now based on race?....shouldn’t you be asking Zico that question, since he’s the one who brought race into the picture?
In the first two sentences of YOUR post that I quoted, you mentioned both white and black QBs. That is WHY.

There are too many hateful and racist undertones practiced by many posters on here and it bothers me but I am just one person.

By mentioning Joe Sparma (a white QB from Ohio State, btw) I tried to bring some light heartedness into the conversation. I failed in that objective.
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-01-2021, 07:48 PM   #36
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by myohmyjustify View Post
In the first two sentences of YOUR post that I quoted, you mentioned both white and black QBs. That is WHY.

There are too many hateful and racist undertones practiced by many posters on here and it bothers me but I am just one person.

By mentioning Joe Sparma (a white QB from Ohio State, btw) I tried to bring some light heartedness into the conversation. I failed in that objective.
The only reason I mentioned race was in response to the FIRST POST IN THIS THREAD that brought race into the equation.
Why do you continue to overlook that?

I didn’t introduce the race topic in this thread...Zico did, and I called him out for it.
Why can’t you understand that?
Old 01-08-2021, 09:47 PM   #37
ElKabong

I watched a replay of the aOSU Clemson game. I think it should be noted that fields isn't running the same scheme osu has run in the meyer and beyond era. He's taking far fewer hits in this scheme

QBs in the nfl are always at the mercy of their coaching staff going in . Maybe if he is in the right place with the right coach things can work out. Have to say he does look like a good dose of drama. Not completely sold on his game but he sure played well last week
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
Old 01-09-2021, 12:30 PM   #38
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
I watched a replay of the aOSU Clemson game. I think it should be noted that fields isn't running the same scheme osu has run in the meyer and beyond era. He's taking far fewer hits in this scheme

QBs in the nfl are always at the mercy of their coaching staff going in . Maybe if he is in the right place with the right coach things can work out. Have to say he does look like a good dose of drama. Not completely sold on his game but he sure played well last week
hes too small for the NFL
Old 01-09-2021, 01:15 PM   #39
Robert Fischer
clean money

'Fitzmagic' Fits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
yea, he's a classic 'CFL' type of guy. Not a bad player.

if one of the worst NFL teams was willing to try something new, they could use two or three guys like Justin Fields and run a Ravens type of offense and not worry about protecting them or avoiding hard runs for yards, or ever giving them a big contract or investment as part of the team brand and sponsors. Would be entertaining and more competitive, but not a playoff/SB threat (+would be against the NFL franchise model of QB).

Has there been any rumors regarding Ryan Fitzpatrick?

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 01-09-2021 at 01:17 PM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2021, 06:57 PM   #40
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Now they screwed up.

Smith is ruled out

Down to 3rd string for tonight
Old 01-10-2021, 10:45 PM   #41
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
The scheme change i was referring to is they didn't use fields as a crash test dummy like their QBs in the past. Smart move on multiple levels
Old 01-11-2021, 08:27 AM   #42
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

To me Washington played a much more competitive game against Tampa than I expected. No way that happens if Washington had kept Haskins and he was the starter.
Track Collector is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-11-2021, 10:40 AM   #43
Robert Fischer
clean money

Fitzmagic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Collector View Post
To me Washington played a much more competitive game against Tampa than I expected. No way that happens if Washington had kept Haskins and he was the starter.
Recent poll of fans;
Old 01-11-2021, 11:19 AM   #44
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
Recent poll of fans;
Why no love for Tyrod? He's in Buffalo and Josh Allen takes over.Traded to Cleveland,gets hurt and Baker Mayfield is the starter.Goes to the Chargers, has a painkiller injected accidently into his LUNGS and Justin Herbert is now the likely Rookie of the Year.

In short, TT is a good luck charm. Trade for Tyrod Taylor and your rookie QB becomes a franchise QB.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-21-2021, 02:25 PM   #45
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: