Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Old 11-19-2020, 04:46 PM   #7681
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
Every actually SEE a death certificate? IMMEDIATE cause of death takes precedence
Get off your horse........... viewing a death certificate is not some fancy thing only doctors do.........give me a break
Old 11-19-2020, 05:08 PM   #7682
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Get off your horse........... viewing a death certificate is not some fancy thing only doctors do.........give me a break
you need death certificates for probate and credit related problems
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2020, 08:07 PM   #7683
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

Here is an interesting link regarding the testing of covid. It talks about the number of cycles (amplifying the RNA) and suggests 17 is the optimum number, otherwise there is risk of false positives. At 33 cycles the accuracy rate is 20% (meaning 80% false positives). Fauci says that at 35 cycles the chances of replication-confident are miniscule, and at 37 cycles you can almost never culture a virus.

I think the article said that CDC/WHO advocates 40 or 45 cycles.

So it would be interesting to know that when testing is being conducted and then stating a number of positives, how many cycles were done. If at 35 and beyond, virtually all of the positives are FALSE, which means that person does not currently have the virus, nor do they need to be quarantined because they are incapable of spreading it!

And guess what, the more you test (with bad cycle parameters), the more FALSE POSITIVES you get.

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...GEbCDTS23-L_sk
Track Collector is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2020, 08:40 PM   #7684
mountainman

I asked my dr today if being 63, suffering from chronic bronchitis , as well as a heart condition, while also having contracted Legionaire's several years ago, in ADDITION to a history of catching pnuemonia once a decade, or so, might qualify me for some sort of "high risk" place in the vaccine line.

His answer? " Highly doubtful."

But he as much as said the chance of perishing, should I become infected, would be very slim, even considering my underlying conditions. The good dr has aquired some experience in treating covid 19, and characterizes remdesivir as an extremely reliable "insurance policy" should the virus linger or symptoms worsen.

Clearly, at least in wv, covid does not engender the same dark apprehension amongst physicians that it did a few short months ago.

On an interesting sidenote, that exponentially increased success in TREATING covid has not allayed fears amidst the medical profession of CONTRACTING covid. My wife is an RN with some authority at an area hospital, and says her subordinates complain bitterly when she assigns them to covid patients.

Last edited by mountainman; 11-19-2020 at 08:44 PM.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2020, 12:59 AM   #7685
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
for Wednesday November 18,2020

174,000 new cases

2000 deaths
for Thursday, November 19, 2020

192,000 new cases

2100 deaths
Old 11-20-2020, 01:29 AM   #7686
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Collector View Post
Here is an interesting link regarding the testing of covid. It talks about the number of cycles (amplifying the RNA) and suggests 17 is the optimum number, otherwise there is risk of false positives. At 33 cycles the accuracy rate is 20% (meaning 80% false positives). Fauci says that at 35 cycles the chances of replication-confident are miniscule, and at 37 cycles you can almost never culture a virus.

So it would be interesting to know that when testing is being conducted and then stating a number of positives, how many cycles were done. If at 35 and beyond, virtually all of the positives are FALSE, which means that person does not currently have the virus, nor do they need to be quarantined because they are incapable of spreading it!

And guess what, the more you test (with bad cycle parameters), the more FALSE POSITIVES you get.

what is being said is the amount of false positives is very high.. i am gong to agree with that.

the only number you can base anything on is the comparison of deaths from 1 year to the next. you can use this index provided by the National Center for Health Statistics. i am pretty sure they are not politically biased. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c...ess_deaths.htm
Old 11-20-2020, 05:09 AM   #7687
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Collector View Post

Your author is an Osteopath.

os·te·op·a·thy
/ˌästēˈäpəTHē/
Learn to pronounce
noun
noun: osteopathy

a branch of medical practice that emphasizes the treatment of medical disorders through the manipulation and massage of the bones, joints, and muscles.

Not an epidemiologist or infectous disease expert. How about the link you claimed "some other poster posted somewhere else" showing Dr Fauci criticizing testing. Until then I will suspend judgement

Last edited by hcap; 11-20-2020 at 05:10 AM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2020, 05:49 AM   #7688
davew

Fauci with NPR interview - some vaccinations probably next month

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/17/93565...nth-fauci-says
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2020, 06:08 AM   #7689
tucker6

I was notified yesterday that vaccines will likely be available by end of December. Order of priority being set is as follows:

1. Health care workers
2. At risk individuals in a closed setting (nursing home)
3. At risk individuals in a home setting
4. Those 65 and over

The last two may get combined

Last edited by tucker6; 11-20-2020 at 06:21 AM.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2020, 06:43 AM   #7690
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
I was notified yesterday that vaccines will likely be available by end of December. Order of priority being set is as follows:

1. Health care workers
2. At risk individuals in a closed setting (nursing home)
3. At risk individuals in a home setting
4. Those 65 and over

The last two may get combined
just in time for Biden to save the country, dang he is good
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2020, 06:51 AM   #7691
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
just in time for Biden to save the country, dang he is good
There’s definitely gotta be a link between a Biden win and this news just two weeks after the election. Biden supports big pharma so am not surprised they didn’t rush to get this good news out faster. That’s not a conspiracy theory. That’s big business.
Old 11-20-2020, 08:26 AM   #7692
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

There are about 60 million U.S. people over 65. Both companies(Pfizer/ Moderna) are claiming that they will be able to inoculate 35 million people total, this year.

Hope it works!
Redboard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2020, 09:10 AM   #7693
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redboard View Post
There are about 60 million U.S. people over 65. Both companies(Pfizer/ Moderna) are claiming that they will be able to inoculate 35 million people total, this year.

Hope it works!
40M work in health care so that leaves 20 million for nursing homes and assisted living and then over 65.
Old 11-20-2020, 08:40 PM   #7694
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
for Thursday, November 19, 2020

192,000 new cases

2100 deaths
for Friday, November 20, 2020

201,000 new cases

2000 deaths
Old 11-21-2020, 01:05 AM   #7695
ElKabong

Watch Tucker Carlson today (11/20) at the 29 minute mark. Italy shows this virus was present in the Fall of 2019. Hate to say I told you so, I caught this shit Nov 14 2019, relapsed a couple of weeks or more before Xmas. All the talk in China of this being active beginning after that is pure BS
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply