Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-22-2020, 05:10 PM   #3121
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
I have found practicing silence highlightas the chaotic "noise" of the "sleeping" people around you.

The magnitude of those egos sometimes is quite painful to deal with. Boxcar's is very painful. More so recently
No one can make you feel negative feelings unless you allow them to.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2020, 05:43 PM   #3122
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
No one can make you feel negative feelings unless you allow them to.
Not that perfect. Sleeping people may be forgiven but makes no sense to allow them to walk over you.

Often you can hear them coming
Old 01-22-2020, 05:59 PM   #3123
boxcar

Quote:
First of all AGAPE love is defined by Wikipedia as a Greco-Christian term referring to love, "the highest form of love, charity" and "the love of God for man and of man for God". It is NOT the love of the Bible as you incorrectly say above.
I love it when people appeal to a godless, world source as some authority for spiritual truth.

And while there is some truth to Wiki's take on "agape", it is more than that also. But this can only be discovered by how the term is used in scripture, which is certainly beyond Wiki's spiritual scope, as it was beyond your spirit scope to investigate the Gr. term translated "anger" in Mark 3. But to the point of this particular post:

John 3:16
16 [i]"For God so loved the world, that He GAVE His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.[/b]
NASB

Mr. Light sir, is giving a charitable act? Would you not say that God made the ultimate charitable act by giving something of inestimable value to mankind, namely HIMSELF in the person of Christ? God so loved the world (Jews and Gentiles alike) that he gave himself to atone for the sins of all those that come to him and repent of their sins and believe on His Son.

Just this one text alone defines God's love! He gave of Himself, in his only begotten Son, sacrificially. See also Rom 5:8.

Rom 5:8
8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
NASB

What greater sacrifice could God had made? The same Gr. word for "love" is used in this passage as in Jn 3:16.

So...your claim is that this is NOT the love of the bible. Therefore, prove to us what is the love of the bible. We know that you think God's love is unconditional in nature, but you will be very, very hard-pressed to find that idea in the bible -- anywhere in the bible!

Quote:
Also, there are many people who can cite any passage in the Bible from memory. There are also pedophiles and corrupt clergy who can do that so obviously reciting the Bible is not a life changing experience as having a real love experience with God within.
Let me pull an Actor on you and call you out on a logical fallacy: It's the fallacy of Composition and Division! You're reasoning from the few (many) to the all -- and in a most emphatic way to boot. "IS NOT a life changing experience", as opposed to "not necessarily a life changing experience."

Since scripture teaches that many have spurious faith, then it should not come as any surprise that many tares will spring up the Church along with the wheat. You would know this if you believed your "best friend" and what he said about this topic.

Quote:
This is where you are totally ignorant for lack of experience. What I experience in the realm of meditation, the communion with the Divine, DOES NOT DEFINE ME. It actually UNDEFINES ME. This is what it means when any spiritual practice (including Christianity) says "you must die to yourself (your ego) to be reborn".
And since NOTHING defines you, this proves that you're not a believer because all true disciples of Jesus are defined by the Spirit of Christ living in them! See how your own words condemn you! By your own words you have just confessed that you're a BIG SPIRITUAL ZERO! Congratulations!

Last edited by boxcar; 01-22-2020 at 06:01 PM.
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2020, 06:59 PM   #3124
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
I love it when people appeal to a godless, world source as some authority for spiritual truth.

And while there is some truth to Wiki's take on "agape", it is more than that also. But this can only be discovered by how the term is used in scripture, which is certainly beyond Wiki's spiritual scope, as it was beyond your spirit scope to investigate the Gr. term translated "anger" in Mark 3. But to the point of this particular post:

John 3:16
16 [i]"For God so loved the world, that He GAVE His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.[/b]
NASB

Mr. Light sir, is giving a charitable act? Would you not say that God made the ultimate charitable act by giving something of inestimable value to mankind, namely HIMSELF in the person of Christ? God so loved the world (Jews and Gentiles alike) that he gave himself to atone for the sins of all those that come to him and repent of their sins and believe on His Son.

Just this one text alone defines God's love! He gave of Himself, in his only begotten Son, sacrificially. See also Rom 5:8.

Rom 5:8
8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
NASB

What greater sacrifice could God had made? The same Gr. word for "love" is used in this passage as in Jn 3:16.

So...your claim is that this is NOT the love of the bible. Therefore, prove to us what is the love of the bible. We know that you think God's love is unconditional in nature, but you will be very, very hard-pressed to find that idea in the bible -- anywhere in the bible!

Let me pull an Actor on you and call you out on a logical fallacy: It's the fallacy of Composition and Division! You're reasoning from the few (many) to the all -- and in a most emphatic way to boot. "IS NOT a life changing experience", as opposed to "not necessarily a life changing experience."

Since scripture teaches that many have spurious faith, then it should not come as any surprise that many tares will spring up the Church along with the wheat. You would know this if you believed your "best friend" and what he said about this topic.

And since NOTHING defines you, this proves that you're not a believer because all true disciples of Jesus are defined by the Spirit of Christ living in them! See how your own words condemn you! By your own words you have just confessed that you're a BIG SPIRITUAL ZERO! Congratulations!
What exactly is it that places you in a position to judge in such a harsh way another human being? Why must you belittle the beliefs of another in order to elevate your own beliefs? You say that God has "saved" you...but this doesn't seem to be enough of a reward for you. You must also put other people down so you can further assert your supposed religious "superiority". A sad spectacle...to say the least.
Old 01-22-2020, 09:04 PM   #3125
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
What exactly is it that places you in a position to judge in such a harsh way another human being? Why must you belittle the beliefs of another in order to elevate your own beliefs? You say that God has "saved" you...but this doesn't seem to be enough of a reward for you. You must also put other people down so you can further assert your supposed religious "superiority". A sad spectacle...to say the least.
I do not judge anyone. God's Word judges Light and everyone else!

Moreover, are you so devoid of any spiritual discernment whatsoever that you cannot see the totally vacuous nature to Light's Buddhism -- or to whatever Eastern mysticism it is to which he subscribes!? Does anything at all define you!? Or are you as empty as he is!?

Are you so blinded by your antichrist attitude that you cannot see how harshly and unjustly Light judged me and all people with a good, working knowledge of scripture? He said we're no better than "corrupt clergy" or "pedophiles"

Light wrote:
Also, there are many people who can cite any passage in the Bible from memory. There are also pedophiles and corrupt clergy who can do that so obviously reciting the Bible is not a life changing experience as having a real love experience with God within...

You quote Biblical passages .So what? Many in hell can run circles around your ability to do that.

Not only is the above a logical fallacy, but he unwittingly betrayed his real sentiments about Christ. In that unconditional, unqualified, sweeping generalization he necessarily has included his "best friend"! He has tossed his "best friend" under the bus! After all, Jesus quoted the OT prolificallly. So, Light's "best friend" is in the same camp as the "corrupt clergy" and "pedophiles".

But that bigoted, gross insult wasn't enough either. He again tossed Jesus under another bus in this next statement:

By Light:
Also Jesus did not like "show offs" who tried to portray how good or Holy they are. What you are feeling is between you and God period. It's personal. If someone does good to others its because they want to naturally, not because they want to get points to get into Heaven like you.

Guilty of the same logical fallacy. And he judges God's bible-believing people who desire to be obedient to Him as having ulterior motives. He thinks that people who go out of their way to minister to the needs of people are showoffs. This is, yet, another unconditional, unqualified statement, so it must include Christ himself who performed so many good works during his 3-1/2 year ministry that the apostle wrote:

John 21:24-25
24 This is the disciple who bears witness of these things, and wrote these things; and we know that his witness is true.

25 And there are also many other things which Jesus DID, which if they were written in detail, I suppose that even the world itself would not contain the books which were written.

NASB

You see, in Light's sweeping condemnation of good works -- of agape love that must expresses itself in good works , He condemns his "best friend" good works -- He condemns Jesus' entire ministry! Light ASSUMES that people who devote their lives to SERVING God by keeping His commandments and by doing unto others as they would have them do unto them", are proud, backslapping, reward seekers. Light is so spiritually naive that he, evidently, doesn't believe that Christ's disciples can work unselfishly for the glory of God with no selfish motives. He cannot see that sacrificial love at the very core of its essence denotes selflessness because a true disciple of Christ lives his life by being led by the Holy Spirit. It is the Holy Spirit and the Word of God that gives true disciples that kind of disposition of heart -- a heart of SERVICE to bring GLORY to their FATHER in Heaven. Even Paul in 1 Cor 13 said that true love "doesn't seek its own", that is to say, it doesn't seek a reward! It's a love that is devoid of self-interest, as R.C. Sproul pointed out.

Finally, I'm sure you're blind, as well, to the fact that Light has once again moved the goal posts in his last post. Previously he criticized God's Word harshly by calling it "Biblcal BS". But now today, he criticizes Christ's disciples who have a good working knowledge of scripture and who also seek to obey their Lord and Savior Jesus Christ -- by loving their brothers and sisters and also their neighbors in the world by expressing that love in good works for the welfare of others and for the glory of God.

You, Mr. Thask, are living proof of how easy it will be for the Antichrist to deceive the entire world. Light has you totally hooked! And the Lights of this world, as clever and smart, as they think they are, won't be able to hold a candle to this Master of Deception when he makes his grand entrance unto the world stage. If you're still alive when that happens, you will very likely get sucked into his sweet sounding, sugary, non-offensive, politically correct, all-inclusive, religious drivel, e.g. God is the Father of everyone on the planet, or God loves all unconditionally, etc., etc.

May God have mercy on your soul!

p.s. And if you really want to see more duplicity by Light, ask him this question about his "best friend" and watch him squirm. Ask him: Is Jesus Christ the Sovereign Lord of your entire life?

p.p.s. Oh yeah one other thing: You do know that Light doesn't believe there is such a place of eternal divine punishment as "HELL", right? After all, the existence of a hell would be antithetical to Light's theory of the nature of God's love, i.e. "unconditional". Yet, at the same time, out of the other side of this guy's mouth, he tells me that there are people in Hell who know and quote the scriptures far better than I can. Go figure, heh?

Last edited by boxcar; 01-22-2020 at 09:10 PM.
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2020, 11:01 PM   #3126
thaskalos

Quote:
I do not judge anyone. God's Word judges Light and everyone else!

Moreover, are you so devoid of any spiritual discernment whatsoever that you cannot see the totally vacuous nature to Light's Buddhism -- or to whatever Eastern mysticism it is to which he subscribes!? Does anything at all define you!? Or are you as empty as he is!?
It doesn't matter to me in the least how "vacuous" anyone's religious beliefs are. Everyone is entitled to whatever beliefs they want to adopt, and, while I may debate such beliefs in conversations or in threads such as this, I do it for "entertainment" purposes only...and never in an attempt to impose my own religious beliefs upon anyone else, as if I am somehow "right" and they are 'wrong'.

I know that you think you are speaking for Jesus here...but what you don't seem to understand is that this role that you've taken on is SELF-APPOINTED...and the other posters here are not obligated to accept the authority with which you claim to speak. You claim to know the "Truth"...you say that you are "saved"...and that your reservation for heaven is irrevocable. But these assertions are yours and yours alone...and the rest of us are not obligated to take them seriously. There is no reason whatsoever for anyone here to believe that you are any less deluded about religion than the rest of us are. And the more intolerant you are of opposing religious views...the more deluded you yourself appear to be. A truly "saved" person should be able to display at least a trace amount of tolerance...IMO.

Last edited by thaskalos; 01-22-2020 at 11:05 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-23-2020, 07:01 AM   #3127
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
It doesn't matter to me in the least how "vacuous" anyone's religious beliefs are. Everyone is entitled to whatever beliefs they want to adopt, and, while I may debate such beliefs in conversations or in threads such as this, I do it for "entertainment" purposes only...and never in an attempt to impose my own religious beliefs upon anyone else, as if I am somehow "right" and they are 'wrong'.

I know that you think you are speaking for Jesus here...but what you don't seem to understand is that this role that you've taken on is SELF-APPOINTED...and the other posters here are not obligated to accept the authority with which you claim to speak. You claim to know the "Truth"...you say that you are "saved"...and that your reservation for heaven is irrevocable. But these assertions are yours and yours alone...and the rest of us are not obligated to take them seriously. There is no reason whatsoever for anyone here to believe that you are any less deluded about religion than the rest of us are. And the more intolerant you are of opposing religious views...the more deluded you yourself appear to be. A truly "saved" person should be able to display at least a trace amount of tolerance...IMO.
Yes, I understand that Light's vacuous belief system doesn't matter to you. It doesn't because you're not threatened by it. It's one of those "feel good", religiously correct worldly systems. The only thing that matters to you is that you keep finding lame excuses for not believing the Gospel because it does threaten condemnation for all who refuse to repent and believe the Message of Life.

And I'm not a self-appointed evangelist. I simply obey my Lord in this regard, and gladly so. As hard as this may be for you to believe the reason we mere mortals are here on earth is to serve our Creator for his glory.
Old 01-23-2020, 07:04 AM   #3128
boxcar

Mr. Light, I have a question for you, if you're up to it: What is your motive for meditating daily?
Old 01-23-2020, 11:33 AM   #3129
hcap

Quote:
Yes, I understand that Light's vacuous belief system doesn't matter to you. It doesn't because you're not threatened by it. It's one of those "feel good", religiously correct worldly systems. The only thing that matters to you is that you keep finding lame excuses for not believing the Gospel because it does threaten condemnation for all who refuse to repent and believe the Message of Life.
So it threatens you?
Quote:
And I'm not a self-appointed evangelist. I simply obey my Lord in this regard, and gladly so. As hard as this may be for you to believe the reason we mere mortals are here on earth is to serve our Creator for his glory.
You come across as a preening, preposterous, pompous self aggrandizing egomaniac.

Have you motorized this yet?
Next thing to motorize is your ever flapping mouth

Old 01-23-2020, 12:07 PM   #3130
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
So it threatens you?
You come across as a preening, preposterous, pompous self aggrandizing egomaniac.

Have you motorized this yet?
Next thing to motorize is your ever flapping mouth

Good thing you have a gif to do that for you, otherwise your arm would have fallen off a long time ago.
Old 01-23-2020, 02:43 PM   #3131
Light
Veteran

Quote:
We know that you think God's love is unconditional in nature, but you will be very, very hard-pressed to find that idea in the bible -- anywhere in the bible!
If your God's love is not unconditional then it is a quid pro quo love. That is so bad that it is considered an impeachable act in politics. It would be even more corrupt in religion.

Quote:
You say that because you are spiritually ignorant. Zero experience. Pay attention to what I am about to say because I have told you this before:

Everything comes from a place where it cannot be seen, heard or spoken. That means nothing and doesn't make sense to those who never experienced that place. Those who have, know that THAT NOTHING IS EVERYTHING and where everything came from. This is where God and you live in real time.
Old 01-23-2020, 02:46 PM   #3132
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Mr. Light, I have a question for you, if you're up to it: What is your motive for meditating daily?
To experience Divine Love.
Old 01-23-2020, 03:48 PM   #3133
boxcar

Quote:
If your God's love is not unconditional then it is a quid pro quo love. That is so bad that it is considered an impeachable act in politics. It would be even more corrupt in religion.

You say that because you are spiritually ignorant. Zero experience. Pay attention to what I am about to say because I have told you this before:

Everything comes from a place where it cannot be seen, heard or spoken. That means nothing and doesn't make sense to those who never experienced that place. Those who have, know that THAT NOTHING IS EVERYTHING and where everything came from. This is where God and you live in real time.
Now, Listen to this: Nothing does not exist because Something does; and Something and Nothing cannot exist at the same time and in the same place; therefore, your theory violates the Law of Noncontradiction.

EVERYTHING comes from God! God is the Author of Life! This is precisely why your "best friend" calls himself the Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last

Only in the Left's eyes is "quid pro quo" in politics considered impeachable. Quid pro quo in world politics has been going on since the beginning of time. Ever hear of the term "compromise"?

Furthermore, God created us in his image to have an intimate, loving relationship with him. Now you're telling us that to reciprocate his love is evil!? How many times have you told us that the entire human race is the child of God -- that God is the Father of us all? Yet, now it's evil and corrupt for a Father and his children to love each other! To return each other's love? Did your parents love you when you grew up? Did you ever once in your entire life reciprocate that love -- ever!? And if you did, your own words condemn you. You are an evil person!

All throughout the bible, Christ's disciples are commanded to love one another, c.f. Jn 13:34; 15:12, 17; Rom 13:8; 1Thess 4:9; 1Pet 1:22; 1Jn 3:11, 23; 4:7, 11-12; 2Jn 5, etc., etc.

Your god Nothing has really warped your mind. You have more in common with the other antichirst in this thread than I ever imagined. It's no wonder you love Buddhism because with your god Nothing, you're always free to DO NOTHING! And this is always the easiest and most expedient thing to do, isn't it?
Old 01-23-2020, 03:59 PM   #3134
boxcar

Quote:
So, it's purely for a selfish reason. It's all about self-gratification. I figured as much but I wanted you to go on record. Thanks.

Your insatiable desire for spiritual self-gratification/self-pleasure is analogous to a sex addict who needs to pleasure him or herself multiple times a day, otherwise life is unbearable.
Old 01-23-2020, 04:07 PM   #3135
TJDave

Quote:
Explain please.