Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 04-06-2017, 12:32 PM   #1
Andy Asaro

NYRA Bets Press Release: Is this a separate pool? Doubt it

Is this a separate pool? What's the takeout? Press release implies that it is a separate pool?? Hope to hear some clarification soon.

Andy Asaro‏*@racetrackandy 3m 3 minutes ago

@NYRABets Is The NYRA Bets Pick 4 will cover races 6 – 9 a separate pool? The press release makes it appear that way. Please advise?

===========================================
Pick 4 Press Release:

NYRA Bets members across the country, as well as New York State residents, will have exclusive access to a new Pick 4 on Wood Memorial Day, Saturday, April 8.

The NYRA Bets Pick 4 will cover races 6 – 9 on Saturday's Wood Memorial Day card, which will be televised nationally on FS2 with the launch of Aqueduct Live presented by Claiborne Farm. The 50-cent-minimum Pick 4 will be offered exclusively for NYRA Bets members and residents of New York State wagering on-track or through your local simulcast facility.

“With the launch of Aqueduct Live this Saturday on FS2, the NYRA Bets Pick 4 provides our members with that much more incentive to watch and wager with NYRA,” said Tony Allevato, President of NYRA Bets and Executive Producer for NYRA television. “On what is sure to be a great day of racing, we're excited to provide our customers with exclusive opportunities to win with NYRA Bets. This is another example of how NYRA Bets provides the best wagering opportunities for horseplayers across the country.”

Online, NYRA Bets customers will find the wager labeled as “NYRABets Pick4”. NYRA Bets members who wager and win on the “NYRABets Pick4” will also be eligible to receive a 15 percent winner's bonus up to $100. Currently, new players that sign up for NYRA Bets also qualify for a $150 bonus.

Last edited by Andy Asaro; 04-06-2017 at 12:34 PM.
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2017, 12:38 PM   #2
MonmouthParkJoe

Certainly looks that way to me based on the language.
MonmouthParkJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2017, 12:41 PM   #3
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonmouthParkJoe View Post
Certainly looks that way to me based on the language.
That would mean a much smaller pool. Doesn't make sense why anyone would want to get in that. I have a feeling the press release is intentionally misleading to attract people to wager through NYRA Bets. It should be changed if that is the case.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:47 PM   #4
Andy Asaro

Can moderator combine thread with first to post? My mistake.
Old 04-06-2017, 01:03 PM   #5
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
That would mean a much smaller pool. Doesn't make sense why anyone would want to get in that. I have a feeling the press release is intentionally misleading to attract people to wager through NYRA Bets. It should be changed if that is the case.
Intentionally misleading? It spells out exactly who can wager on this Pick 4. NYRA BETS members (across the country), and NY State residents (betting at a NYRA track or at NY OTBs).

It couldn't be more clear.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 04-06-2017 at 01:04 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2017, 01:06 PM   #6
SG4

For all the things NYRA could do to gain goodwill & more betting dollars I think this falls far short of the mark. If you're going to offer an exclusive bet like this, I think you need to guarantee the pool level to some degree. Otherwise keeping takeout the same & having a smaller pool doesn't really benefit anyone. If they made this wager open to all places but said NYRA bets members get a percentage bonus for any winning wagers (none of this $100 cap garbage), then we're talking about something appealing. Or if they were going to keep this same model, why not shuffle the Bay Shore to one race later & at least offer an all-stakes pick 4 which at least has a little more pizzazz.

NYRA still has the HIGHEST takeout on their pick 3's & 4's of any major circuit in the country, they should have a fair amount of wiggle room to offer some better incentives for all bettors. Big for the late pick 5's being back, that is the wager that deserves people's attention.
SG4 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2017, 01:06 PM   #7
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Intentionally misleading? It spells out exactly who can wager on this Pick 4. NYRA BETS members (across the country), and NY State residents (betting at a NYRA track or at NY OTBs).

It couldn't be more clear.
It says "exclusive access" which I take to mean separate pool. And separate pool makes no sense. It appears to me that it is just an exclusive P4 bonus on winnings through NYRA bets.

It is only a winners bonus on existing pool. https://www.nyrabets.com/#exclusive-nyra-bets-pick-4

Play the NYRA Bets Pick 4 on Wood Memorial Day - Saturday, April 8th - from anywhere in the United States exclusively on NYRABets.com. The sequence begins in Race 6, with a Post Time of 3:25pm ET. Just look for 'NYRA Bets Pick 4' in the track selection menu.

NYRA Bets Players Bonus - Hit the Pick 4 and get a 15% Winner's Bonus! Wagers must be made using your NYRA Bets account on-track, online, or via mobile device. Bonus capped at $100 per player and will be in player account within 72 hours of race.

Last edited by Andy Asaro; 04-06-2017 at 01:10 PM.
Old 04-06-2017, 01:17 PM   #8
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I don't get what the problem is here.

Yes, it's an exclusive pool...exclusive to NYRA Bets members and those betting in NY State at the track or at NY OTBs.

And if you bet it through NYRA Bets, you're eligible for the bonus.

What is the problem?
Old 04-06-2017, 01:18 PM   #9
Andy Asaro

Quote:
I don't get what the problem is here.

Yes, it's an exclusive pool...exclusive to NYRA Bets members and those betting in NY State at the track or at NY OTBs.

And if you bet it through NYRA Bets, you're eligible for the bonus.

What is the problem?
Why would anyone want to wager on a much smaller P4 pool?

The promotion on website is a bonus not a separate pool. Either the press release is wrong or the website is wrong IMO

Last edited by Andy Asaro; 04-06-2017 at 01:19 PM.
Old 04-06-2017, 01:19 PM   #10
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Why would anyone want to wager on a much smaller P4 pool?

The promotion on website is a bonus not a separate pool. Either the press release is wrong or the website is wrong IMO
To get the 15% bonus?
Old 04-06-2017, 01:20 PM   #11
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
The promotion on website is a bonus not a separate pool.
What does this even mean?
Old 04-06-2017, 01:21 PM   #12
Andy Asaro

Quote:
To get the 15% bonus?
In a much smaller pool the payoff could be wildly different from the bigger pool. Anyway I'm trying to clarify with NYRA bets.
Old 04-06-2017, 01:22 PM   #13
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
In a much smaller pool the payoff could be wildly different from the bigger pool. Anyway I'm trying to clarify with NYRA bets.
What bigger pool? That is the only Pick 4 being offered on 6-9
Old 04-06-2017, 01:23 PM   #14
Andy Asaro

Quote:
What bigger pool? That is the only Pick 4 being offered on 6-9
In an earlier post you wrote that it was an exclusive pool.
Old 04-06-2017, 01:27 PM   #15
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I'm not sure what you're getting at...no idea what the problem really is here.

This is a Pick 4 open to NYRA Bets members and people betting in NY State. And if you bet through NYRA Bets and win, you get a bonus. If you bet at the track or a NY OTB and win, you don't get the bonus.

This is the only Pick 4 offered on races 6-9.

Anything else is just verbal jousting at this point.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: