Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 12-11-2020, 11:56 AM   #16
JerryBoyle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Out of context graph?

It's the up-to-date graph of COVID infections from the Johns Hopkins website...

Are you saying the following link is a fraud?

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...23467b48e9ecf6

Somebody should inform Johns Hopkins that the link is stealing their good name.
Show me on that graph where "collapse of hospital system" happens. Like circle the exact spot. Then tell me why. Oh wait, you can't, because there's a crapton of research and context that'd be required. Not to mention, you completely overlooked the fact that the health care system IS feeling the strain of this. Your entire post was meant to troll. Sorry, unc
JerryBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-11-2020, 11:58 AM   #17
JerryBoyle
Veteran

Quote:
What you just wrote is a lie.

I presented statistical facts from Johns Hopkins in the form of THEIR GRAPH.

I presented you with a GIANT third wave of infections in the USA.

I asked a very sensible question.

If, as I was told by the media over and over again during the FIRST WAVE, how our hospitals were in danger of collapsing under the weight of COVID unless we drastically altered our lives...HOW THE HELL HAVE THE HOSPITALS SURVIVED UP UNTIL THIS POINT....WE ARE ON WAVE 3....WHICH ABSOLUTELY DRAWRFS THE FIRST TWO WAVES.

EXPLAIN IT, GENIUS.

Stop deflecting with your BULLSHIT.
Quickly followed up with an article that shows hospitals are reaching capacity. Come on, unc, put in SOME work.

LOL at "posted statistical facts". You posted a graph of cases? You did not put together a solid argument...
Old 12-11-2020, 12:00 PM   #18
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryBoyle View Post
Show me on that graph where "collapse of hospital system" happens. Like circle the exact spot. Then tell me why. Oh wait, you can't, because there's a crapton of research and context that'd be required. Not to mention, you completely overlooked the fact that the health care system IS feeling the strain of this. Your entire post was meant to troll. Sorry, unc
Nope. Wrong again jimmy.

The entire country was scared shitless back during the first wave...bodies were piling up in refrigerated trucks...we were told and shown...

We were told over and over again our hospital system wasn't going to be able handle too much more going forward UNLESS WE ALL altered our lives...gave up our jobs...closed our businesses...this is something WE ALL MUST DO...we will DO THIS TOGETHER...all that bullshit.

Then we heard how NOT ENOUGH people were doing the RIGHT THING. Too many idiots weren't wearing masks...weren't social distancing...Trump didn't do anything and ****ed the whole country up...all that jazz...

Then wave two on the graph...larger than the first wave....

Then present day....HUGE THIRD WAVE...way bigger than the first two...

Still being told there are too many idiots not wearing masks...denying the virus...USA is now a third world shithole....

But yet, no healthcare system collapse?

How is that possible jimmy?

LOOK AT THE GRAPH, NUMBERS GUY

You're a HUGE statistical hero when it comes to horse racing.

EXPLAIN THE GRAPH...how are the hospitals still functioning

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 12-11-2020 at 12:02 PM.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-11-2020, 12:03 PM   #19
JerryBoyle
Veteran

Quote:
Nope. Wrong again jimmy.

The entire country was scared shitless back during the first wave...bodies were piling up in refrigerated trucks...we were told and shown...

We were told over and over again our hospital system wasn't going to be able handle too much more going forward UNLESS WE ALL altered our lives...gave up our jobs...closed our businesses...this is something WE ALL MUST DO...we will DO THIS TOGETHER...all that bullshit.

Then we heard how NOT ENOUGH people were doing the RIGHT THING. Too many idiots weren't wearing masks...weren't social distancing...Trump didn't do anything and ****ed the whole country up...all that jazz...

Then wave two on the graph...larger than the first wave....

Then present day....HUGE THIRD WAVE...way bigger than the first two...

Still being told there are too many idiots not wearing masks...denying the virus...USA is now a third world shithole....

But yet, no healthcare system collapse?

How is that possible jimmy?
Wait, so your argument is either it's collapsed or everything is fine? Got it. So there's no ramp up to "oh shit we're running out of resources". LOL, come on unc, think a bit...
Old 12-11-2020, 12:04 PM   #20
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Wait, so your argument is either it's collapsed or everything is fine? Got it. So there's no ramp up to "oh shit we're running out of resources". LOL, come on unc, think a bit...
Nope, wrong again.

Simple question.

HOW HAS THE HEALTHCARE SYSTEM SURVIVED THIS MASSIVE THIRD WAVE OF COVID INFECTIONS....
Old 12-11-2020, 12:05 PM   #21
JerryBoyle
Veteran

I'm curious, do you think the healthcare system is in the same place as far as ability to manage and treat this as it was at the start?
Old 12-11-2020, 12:06 PM   #22
JerryBoyle
Veteran

Quote:
Nope, wrong again.

Simple question.

HOW HAS THE HEALTHCARE SYSTEM SURVIVED THIS MASSIVE THIRD WAVE OF COVID INFECTIONS....
Haha so I'm not wrong, uncle. You do think it's one or the other. Hmmm. You seem like you at least have the ability to not think lazily. But now I'm not sure...
Old 12-11-2020, 12:09 PM   #23
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

There isn't one story on CNN's front page at the moment, pertaining to the healthcare system in the USA under strain from COVID.

I find this mind-boggling given the enormous third-wave of infections we are currently dealing with.

Somebody deserves a medal for keeping everything going.
Old 12-11-2020, 12:09 PM   #24
JerryBoyle
Veteran

FWIW, you're starting with such a flawed premise that there's nothing to answer. I'm trying to help you and push you towards thinking about this properly, but you're making it difficult. I suspect that that's because your OP was an attempt at trolling, not an attempt at having actual discussion...
Old 12-11-2020, 12:10 PM   #25
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
I'm curious, do you think the healthcare system is in the same place as far as ability to manage and treat this as it was at the start?
I'm curious...do you think the graph I posted is valid?
Old 12-11-2020, 12:14 PM   #26
JerryBoyle
Veteran

Quote:
I'm curious...do you think the graph I posted is valid?
Sure. Haven't even tried to check if it's accurate. If it's from JH, I'm sure it is. Tbh, as it relates to what you're saying it doesn't matter. Your argument is very literally:

"Look at these tall lines compared to the shorter lines. They're big. The hospital system must have collapsed. If it hasn't, this is all a joke..."

What am I supposed to do with that?

Not to mention you failed to post anything about how hospitals are running out of space...
Old 12-11-2020, 12:16 PM   #27
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Also, just imagine that I posted this graph back in April/May...showing you without a doubt this is what it will look like in December 2020.

What do you think your reaction would have been back then...what do you think your predictions would have been about our healthcare/hospital system's ability to deal with such a rate of COVID infection in the USA?
Old 12-11-2020, 12:17 PM   #28
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
"Look at these tall lines compared to the shorter lines. They're big. The hospital system must have collapsed. If it hasn't, this is all a joke..."
I never said such a thing. Why would a smart guy like you resort to lying?

What I did ask, was a very reasonable question, which you still have avoided quite admirably.

I asked how the hospital system has coped with such a giant increase in COVID cases.

It's very simple.
Old 12-11-2020, 12:26 PM   #29
JerryBoyle
Veteran

Quote:
I never said such a thing. Why would a smart guy like you resort to lying?

What I did ask, was a very reasonable question, which you still have avoided quite admirably.

I asked how the hospital system has coped with such a giant increase in COVID cases.

It's very simple.
Yes, yes you did...

I ask again, is the capacity (including things like PPE, knowledge for how to treat, etc) the same now as it was at the start?

If your question is finally, "why hasn't the system collapsed yet", my guess is it's very complicated question (hence lul at extrapolating from 1 graph and no other context). Likely includes thoughts or comments like:

1. has it not collapsed or started to? Found a link within 1 minute discussing the increasing strain on hospitals

2. the knowledge around treatment, care, and advice has probably improved enough to increase "capacity". So we've moved the nightmare scenario down the road (a bit)

3. time to acquire more equipment?

4. at what point does collapse actually happen? How do you know it's not further to the right on your graph?

5. whether forced or people just being decent humans, there is SOME response re mask wearing, social distancing, etc that likely helps

6. knowledge about distancing and whatnot may make the typical case less severe. It's not just you have it or you don't. Exposure matters

If you were actually interested in a serious conversation and not just trolling, these are simple things you could have thought about in 2 minutes and included in your post....
Old 12-11-2020, 12:31 PM   #30
davew

The sad part is some private hospitals have lost jobs or closed. In many states lockdowns also shut down elective procedures keeping beds open and waiting for the big crisis.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply