Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 04-18-2018, 04:22 PM   #31
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
In every stakes not the TC or BC, no entry money is required up front, so it's not a prerequisite usually. Of course, given this large sum, one would expect them to collect this one up front, but I see the point of not requiring someone to get THAT kind of cash liquidated to put on account if it's a given that they will be earning that amount back.
This kind of accounting gets you a prison sentence in most businesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
It was totally unexplored ground where they went with the Pegasus. I don't see how anyone should've been surprised at anything except that they'd be surprised. This one is a tough one to get off the ground, but no doubt Stronach was/is hoping that it can garner enough other income like the BC did to be able to fund it in short order without requiring the huge entry fees. It's not been easy and he's pulling a lot of his own pockets to try to make it work, and I hope that they can keep chugging along until it's able to stand on its own two feet.
I hope he keeps it going. Nothing wrong with trying to assemble the best horses to race each other as often as possible. I just hope he does it without the fabrications. It isn't necessary and nobody is fooled.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-18-2018, 05:57 PM   #32
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
This kind of accounting gets you a prison sentence in most businesses.

I hope he keeps it going. Nothing wrong with trying to assemble the best horses to race each other as often as possible. I just hope he does it without the fabrications. It isn't necessary and nobody is fooled.
And that's the difference here. I think the race couldn't exist without the fabrications. And the fabrications are also good because they harm Dubai, who ruined Stronach's signature race and deserve to be harmed.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-18-2018, 06:11 PM   #33
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
And that's the difference here. I think the race couldn't exist without the fabrications. And the fabrications are also good because they harm Dubai, who ruined Stronach's signature race and deserve to be harmed.
How did they harm Dubai? That race still got the better field. Gun Runner wasn't sticking around for the DWC with or without the Pegasus. And the Big Cap was still meh.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-18-2018, 03:30 PM   #34
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

The purse of the 2019 Pegasus World Cup is being reduced to $9 million, down from $16 million (2018), as well as the entry fee is being cut in half ($1 million to $500k). I am shocked! You mean people got tired of losing money? They are adding a turf race which is good but they are going to have their hands full in getting the turf course in decent condition.

Why don’t they just call this whole thing off and go back to naming it the Donn Handicap.

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-rac...lar-conditions

Funny that Gulfstream’s website still has the purse at $16 million. (http://gulfstreampark.com/racing/new...de-1-turf-race )
Redboard is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: