Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software > HandiFast Handicapping Software

Old 05-03-2023, 12:02 PM   #16
cloud9

I think he's computer broke down . Lost the hard drive .
cloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2023, 12:13 PM   #17
headhawg
crusty old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Figure View Post
What happened to this project?
Life got in the way, SF. I stopped coding for a while for various reasons. I assure you that the project is not dead. I have been working on it a little every day for the last week. I won't make a prediction about when it will be finished as I have been terrible about hitting my self-imposed deadlines.

And @cloud9...my computer is fine and haven't lost any data. I do regular backups of all my important stuff although I definitely need more storage.
Old 05-07-2023, 12:46 PM   #18
headhawg
crusty old guy

The UI code is what is slowing me down from completing the program. I made the design mistake of allowing more than one track to be loaded and that complicates things more than you might think.

Attached are screenshots of the profile creation and the profile selection screens. As you can see, when the track button is clicked the Select Profile screen changes giving a race condition summary for each available race (up to 15) as well as a combo box (drop down list) for the user to pick a created (or default) profile.

Attached Images
File Type: png Factor_screen.png (100.4 KB, 126 views)
File Type: png Profile1.png (121.0 KB, 99 views)
File Type: png Profile2.png (129.6 KB, 95 views)
Old 05-07-2023, 05:28 PM   #19
pilot12321

Hi, your program is looking good.

Wayne
pilot12321 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2023, 10:03 PM   #20
headhawg
crusty old guy

Thanks Wayne. I know that a lot of people enjoyed using Handifast, and it is in that spirit that I am developing HHX. My hope is that people will find this program equally useful.
Old 02-05-2024, 11:30 PM   #21
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

Did you stop doing this project?
Speed Figure is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-06-2024, 11:05 AM   #22
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

headhawg hasn't posted since June.
I was wondering about him recently/
Hope all is well.
HH is one of the good guys.
Old 02-06-2024, 04:03 PM   #23
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Hope all is well.
He is sometimes....other times , not so much

He might be on the naughty list again...

Some people here get that revolving door effect....

Saratoga is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-11-2024, 03:31 PM   #24
headhawg
crusty old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Hope all is well.
Thanks Tom. I hope you are doing well. My physical health hasn't been good lately, and I took some time off from PA because there was too much b.s. that wasn't good for my mental health. I've been working on some computer projects to keep my brain occupied, some on the AI side of things (because some idiot member assumed I wasn't smart enough to do it).

Speed -- I stopped working on the HHX project as I moved on to AI and other things. I may try to finish it as it's about halfway complete. If I do I will let you and other interested people know.

As far as Saratoga's comment, I don't give a shit what you think. I have never been banned so maybe it's you who can't figure out how to get out of the revolving door. They're tricky. I left of my own accord and have lurked on occasion but it's comments like yours that just go to prove my point -- "Holier than thou" asshats.
Old 02-12-2024, 07:05 AM   #25
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhawg View Post
Thanks Tom. I hope you are doing well. My physical health hasn't been good lately, and I took some time off from PA because there was too much b.s. that wasn't good for my mental health. I've been working on some computer projects to keep my brain occupied, some on the AI side of things (because some idiot member assumed I wasn't smart enough to do it).

Speed -- I stopped working on the HHX project as I moved on to AI and other things. I may try to finish it as it's about halfway complete. If I do I will let you and other interested people know.

As far as Saratoga's comment, I don't give a shit what you think. I have never been banned so maybe it's you who can't figure out how to get out of the revolving door. They're tricky. I left of my own accord and have lurked on occasion but it's comments like yours that just go to prove my point -- "Holier than thou" asshats.
Sorry for the assumption....

Glad your back....

Like you said screw what people think....

Would like to see all the hype on AI
Old 04-11-2024, 05:30 PM   #26
headhawg
crusty old guy

Back to working on HHX a little bit while I take a break from other projects. Most work is behind the scenes stuff but here is a screenshot of the main window that shows the full race info. The aesthetics of the display (font type, size, alignment, etc) is still a WIP, but my goal now is to finish a working copy and then release it, warts and all. There is no timetable for completion as I have a tendency to get distracted by other life things.

Attached Images
File Type: png HHX Main.png (105.7 KB, 57 views)
Old 04-11-2024, 11:39 PM   #27
Viruss

HHX

It looks great. I still use your 2.31 version. Looking forward to trying it out.

Earl J
Viruss is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-12-2024, 07:32 AM   #28
Saratoga

Quote:
Back to working on HHX a little bit while I take a break from other projects. Most work is behind the scenes stuff but here is a screenshot of the main window that shows the full race info. The aesthetics of the display (font type, size, alignment, etc) is still a WIP, but my goal now is to finish a working copy and then release it, warts and all. There is no timetable for completion as I have a tendency to get distracted by other life things.
Nice HH....

Would there be any Exports like we had in Handifast?

Reason is , if these factors don't line up ,Rank wise, from top to bottom then

its going to be a futile cause...

Example :

Take that DMP Factor ( un-known what it is)

If Ranks 1-10 do not fall in order (best to worse ) then its a tough go

Hope you understand

thx
Old 04-12-2024, 10:44 AM   #29
headhawg
crusty old guy

I still have design decisions to make for the Basic (free) version. I will likely have an export-to-csv feature but I am not sure yet. As I initially posted, the idea behind HHX was to be the spiritual successor to Handifast, but there will be some differences. The output on the screenshot was just fake data to test the display, and the headers in the listview might not reflect the actual factors used in the released version. (DMP stands for Dick Mitchell Power, btw.) All of the ratings will be indexed (normalized, scaled, whatever you want to call it) from 60 to 100 based on Mitchell's idea from Winning Thoroughbred Strategies. Simply described, the best horse rating in each category will get a score of 100 and other horse ratings will be scaled downward from that. Then the scores will be totaled in some magical way that I haven't determined as of yet. As I mentioned, I still have some decisions to make.

I have plans to create other, more "premium" versions if users think that HHX is worthwhile. There will be more options like using the aforementioned indexing system or Fibonacci numbers. Obviously 15 factors is somewhat limiting. Other versions may have around 40 or so factors, and also may include familiar "systems" that have been tweaked to perform better than the original method. A "professional" version will include batch processing so the user can test the profiles s/he created. Will this come to fruition? I don't know; I get distracted by life things a lot, but programming a good handicapping tool has been on my bucket list for a while. It's always nice to read that people still use some of the programs I created like the (very) early version of HHX or my scratch program.
Old 04-12-2024, 12:20 PM   #30
Saratoga

Quote:
I still have design decisions to make for the Basic (free) version. I will likely have an export-to-csv feature but I am not sure yet. As I initially posted, the idea behind HHX was to be the spiritual successor to Handifast, but there will be some differences. The output on the screenshot was just fake data to test the display, and the headers in the listview might not reflect the actual factors used in the released version. (DMP stands for Dick Mitchell Power, btw.) All of the ratings will be indexed (normalized, scaled, whatever you want to call it) from 60 to 100 based on Mitchell's idea from Winning Thoroughbred Strategies. Simply described, the best horse rating in each category will get a score of 100 and other horse ratings will be scaled downward from that. Then the scores will be totaled in some magical way that I haven't determined as of yet. As I mentioned, I still have some decisions to make.

I have plans to create other, more "premium" versions if users think that HHX is worthwhile. There will be more options like using the aforementioned indexing system or Fibonacci numbers. Obviously 15 factors is somewhat limiting. Other versions may have around 40 or so factors, and also may include familiar "systems" that have been tweaked to perform better than the original method. A "professional" version will include batch processing so the user can test the profiles s/he created. Will this come to fruition? I don't know; I get distracted by life things a lot, but programming a good handicapping tool has been on my bucket list for a while. It's always nice to read that people still use some of the programs I created like the (very) early version of HHX or my scratch program.
Thank you for this and your continued dedication....

Maybe it will so good , it might stay inside your walls

Tags
#handifast, #hhx