Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 03-04-2023, 04:57 PM   #1
ranchwest

New Program for BRIS files

ANNOUNCEMENT

RANCH WEST'S QUICK GRID

At last! The handicapping software that unlocks the data of BRIS single files (DRF or MCP).

The software that will simplify your handicapping PROCESS while keeping all of the data available.

The core of Quick Grid is a grid of 89 columns (including 29 columns of rankings 1-5) in the following categories in the Main Grid:

HORSE
ODDS (including a proprietary odds line)
SPEED
FORM
CONNECTIONS
EQUIPMENT/MEDS
WORKS
PACE (including an alternate Running Style that you will love!)
CLASS
PEDIGREE

The Main Grid contains many of the great computations I've developed and collected. I've put my 50 years of handicapping knowledge and experience into this grid. The Main Grid updates all of the Top 5 rankings and the odds line with every scratch, surface change or pace line selection change.

The primary premise is to bolster confidence in factors by looking at multiple computations for categories. For instance, look at class 7 ways, pace 12 ways, etc. on the Main Grid.

While races may be handicapped from the Main Grid alone, the "Deep Dive" is fully available in Quick Grid. There are 10 categories of Deep Dives:

EARNINGS (INCLUDING DIRT RECORD AND EARNINGS, WHiCH BRIS DOES NOT BREAK OUT!)
JOCKEYS
MATCHUPS
PACE (SARTIN STYLE AND BRIS PACE FIGURES PLUS PROPRIETARY FIGURES FOR SELECTED PACE LINES)
PEDIGREES
PAST PERFORMANCES (AMAZING! INCLUDES THE TIMES OF THE LEADER AND THE HORSE, ALL 4 FRACTIONS PLUS SPLITS AND FLAGS FOR TROUBLE LINES!)
SILKS/OWNERS
SPEED
TRAINERS AND TRAINERS/JOCKEYS
WORKOUTS (VIEW HOWEVER MANY DAYS BACK YOU CHOOSE ON EACH VIEWING OR ALL 12 AVAILABLE WORKS)

The Deep Dives are PACKED with information. In most cases, ALL of the BRIS data, maybe even more than you knew exists! And in some cases, more data is broken out than is in the files! Most of the Deep Dives compare all of the horses, not just a view of one horse!

Scratches, Surface Changes and Pace Lines are stored in a compact file for each race card so the same view will be available in multiple sessions.

Pace Lines are auto-selected when the card is loaded or the surface is changed, but can optionally be changed by the user.

Plus, there are two special bonuses... first, a Win Wager Dutching Calculator that even allows you to mix in a percentage of flat bet that you select! And you select the wager amount to fund! Second, a Take Notes feature to save your thoughts on the card.

Quick Grid is a 32-bit compiled C Windows program (VERY FAST) with stand-alone EXEcutable... no complex Windows installation and NO supplementary Windows files to expire. Best viewed in high resolution (to see more data at once), but the program allows for lower resolution systems, too, just a simple PREFERENCE setting. Please note: Quick Grid does NOT currently unzip data files (in the works).

All of the features you've been waiting to have. Available now!

ONLY $199
But wait! UNTIL JUNE 1, 2023... SPECIAL SALE PRICE $179
But wait! MARCH 2023 ONLY, NO EXCEPTIONS! Introductory sale price... $159
Prices include a free update subscription through 2023. Each January 1, there will be a $25 update subscription.

Phone 817-889-6212, Ranch West
Email QuickGridSoftware@gmail.com
Located in Arlington, Texas

Questions about Quick Grid or orders are welcome... by email or by phone, 7 am to 10 pm Central

Data files are available directly from BRIS... I am not associated with BRIS in any way.

Last edited by ranchwest; 03-04-2023 at 05:00 PM.
ranchwest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2023, 05:01 PM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

To any mods out there...ranchwest asked me if he could post about his new software and I stupidly said yes in a rare moment of kind heartedness and generosity.

So please don't delete his thread...lol
Old 03-05-2023, 02:02 PM   #3
BarchCapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchwest View Post
ANNOUNCEMENT

RANCH WEST'S QUICK GRID

Questions about Quick Grid or orders are welcome... by email or by phone, 7 am to 10 pm Central
Always nice to see something new. Any screenshots you can upload?

All the best with it!
BarchCapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-05-2023, 02:37 PM   #4
ranchwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarchCapper View Post
Always nice to see something new. Any screenshots you can upload?

All the best with it!
Here's the Quick Grid Facebook page address:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090537234418

You do not have to be a Facebook member to view it.

There's a screenshot of the Main Grid Pace section for the Gotham Stakes.

If you would like to see other screenshots, just email me what you'd like to see and I will email it to you. QuickGridSoftware@gmail.com

Thanks for asking.

Last edited by ranchwest; 03-05-2023 at 02:39 PM.
Old 03-07-2023, 08:51 AM   #5
HPFridays

RanchWest,

I was wondering if you might be able to post Quick Grid's numbers/worksheet for some of the upcoming Derby preps? Pre race would of course be ideal but I'd like to see what to look for and how the numbers look like.

HPFridays is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-07-2023, 12:51 PM   #6
cloud9

I looked at the grid but didn't understand it . Can you explain a little more .
cloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-07-2023, 01:37 PM   #7
ranchwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud9 View Post
I looked at the grid but didn't understand it . Can you explain a little more .
What is your email address? I will send information that will help.
Old 03-11-2023, 10:52 PM   #8
46zilzal
velocitician

need to let the user select the line(s)
Old 03-12-2023, 01:28 AM   #9
ranchwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post

From above: Pace Lines are auto-selected when the card is loaded or the surface is changed, but can optionally be changed by the user.

The user can select the pace line.

Quick Grid does initially auto-select the pace line, so users who do not want to select lines do not have to do so. Quick Grid also auto-selects the line for all horses in a race after a surface change because it is normal to use lines corresponding to the surface. In all cases, users can select the line they want to use. And, after a user changes the selected line, Quick Grid still shows on the selection screen the line the program would have auto-selected, though the only line used in that case is the user chosen line.

The Pace grid shows all of the Sartin-style factors for the selected pace lines. The Main Grid shows a few computations based on the selected line and also has other columns related to pace.

Last edited by ranchwest; 03-12-2023 at 01:35 AM.
Old 03-12-2023, 01:55 AM   #10
ranchwest

I will also take into consideration assertions as to why a pace line is felt to be wrong. I have found a few cases in the past where the computation of the auto-selection needed to be adjusted and, of course, I made the change to make a better auto-selection. It is now a good process, but I won't stubbornly say the it cannot be wrong.
Old 03-12-2023, 12:36 PM   #11
chrisl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
It clearly states several times that you can.
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2023, 02:58 PM   #12
ranchwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl View Post
It clearly states several times that you can.
I should add that pace lines, including user selected lines, are persistent across multiple sessions, stored in a small file along with scratches and surface changes.
Old 03-13-2023, 01:14 PM   #13
Jake

I haven't posted for many years on this forum. However, having communicated
with Ranchwest about his software, and seeing some of his factors included
on his Grid component, I was impressed with he has done here. As a retired
programmer myself, this is worth its weight in gold. His form factors along are
worth 3x the price of the program. I hope to seriously test these out over the rest of this year. And, he has a pace module that allows anyone to either use his default pace or brew their own matchups. The program design and ease of use are clearly laid out. I suggest even those who haven't followed Ranchwest on this forum, take the time and give this a decent look. His price for the software is ridiculous, compared to other software out there, far too low.

I say all this, having never known the man, or talked with his before. It's a
nice piece of work by a very competent programmer.
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2023, 02:37 AM   #14
acorn54

if memory serves me, jeff platt, who is the programmer of jcapper, has already done extensive research on auto-selection vs. manual selection of pace lines and found, with his program, virtually the same results over a large sample base.
not to be rude, but it might be a good idea to have a demo to let people experience whether they feel they would use the program on a long term basis.
i looked at the facebook page, but couldn't find a computed, program odds line. does this program have a proprietary odds line? thank you.

Last edited by acorn54; 03-14-2023 at 02:47 AM.
acorn54 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2023, 01:19 PM   #15
ranchwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by acorn54 View Post
if memory serves me, jeff platt, who is the programmer of jcapper, has already done extensive research on auto-selection vs. manual selection of pace lines and found, with his program, virtually the same results over a large sample base.
not to be rude, but it might be a good idea to have a demo to let people experience whether they feel they would use the program on a long term basis.
i looked at the facebook page, but couldn't find a computed, program odds line. does this program have a proprietary odds line? thank you.
Yes, Quick Grid has a very good proprietary odds line, as well as an adjustment to the morning line for scratches. The odds line adjusts for scratches and surface changes. The odds line is based on rank in many categories.

I have been very busy with the launch of the program, but I do plan to release a video showing the program in use as soon as I can complete it.

I am out of the office today, but I will post on Facebook a screenshot of the odds line as soon as I return.

Quick Grid can also share the files from JCapper.

Thanks for your questions and suggestions.

Last edited by ranchwest; 03-14-2023 at 01:30 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: