Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-21-2018, 11:31 PM   #1
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

CNN Town Hall "Meeting"

Disgusting.

Scripted, pathetic, and sad.

Putting children with hate with scripted monologues, and then a mother full of hate yelling at Rubio.

Kudos to Rubio. Dude took it down, and whipped them all.

As for Florida Senator Nelson. That is one of your two Senators Florida. And hanging chads decided a vote in 2000. How does that guy get voted in for anything other than a Old Folks Home?

CNN was awful as expected. And will continue to be awful.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-22-2018, 12:43 AM   #2
FantasticDan
gelding

FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-22-2018, 04:40 AM   #3
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
Disgusting.

Putting children with hate with scripted monologues, and then a mother full of hate yelling at Rubio.

As for Florida Senator Nelson. That is one of your two Senators Florida. And hanging chads decided a vote in 2000. How does that guy get voted in for anything other than a Old Folks Home?

I have tried to watch CNN numerous times in the last 12 months but it turns my stomach so quickly I can bear only about 5 mins.

Thanks for the heads up on Senator Nelson.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-22-2018, 09:56 AM   #4
onefast99

Quote:
Disgusting.

The gun laws do need to be changed and asking Rubio if he will take anymore campaign donations from the NRA is a legitimate question no matter if it was CNN or FOX. I just don't know why everyone is coming down hard on Trump he wasn't in office when the other shootings occurred. It is painful to watch the parents speak about losing a child. There needs to be change immediately on the "assault" type guns that anyone can buy. There also needs to be a better system to track those buying large amounts of rounds. 18 isn't an age you can trust anyone at with a gun unless they are in the armed services!
Old 02-22-2018, 09:57 AM   #5
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Yes, to the kids part of it.

to the FNN part of it.
The morons on the panel of patheics last night were praising the kids for being prepared for the march and having done their homework on guns.

BS.

They were acting out of grief. FNN fed them the script.
Old 02-22-2018, 10:38 AM   #6
azeri98

Quote:
Disgusting.

CNN was awful as usual, but to bash kids who lost friends or a brother or sister and are in grief no matter what they said is classless
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-22-2018, 10:42 AM   #7
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
People do realize that these children are Drama Department students of their school. Right .... ? Same with those that were mostly interviewed on cable TV this weekend.

They are public speakers in training.... so let's cut the b-shat that they were so very 'articulate' and 'passionate' to the point of view that their voice must be considered.

Any serious adult that would even listen to a 17-year-old millennial about 2nd Amendment rights or changing the US Constitution should have their head examined.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-22-2018, 10:54 AM   #8
azeri98

So the kids that spoke who lost a brother or sister all happened to be in the drama dept?, c'mon , Rubio was right when he said, no one trusts or will listen to the other side, when you see deceit in everything the other side says even if their kids, what is this world coming too?, there are way too many "get off of my lawn" type people these days. The hate in vitriol is only getting worse, every empire in history falls because of itself, maybe that time is closer than I thought
Old 02-22-2018, 10:58 AM   #9
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

All of this hate and vitriol got a huge jump-start by the left after the 2000 election. Never before in my lifetime had I seen a president treated so disrespectfully by the opposition party...until Trump came along of course...

It has always existed throughout history, but really came to its full force during the GWB administration...and has been ramping up ever since.

Republicans took their cue from Democrats when Obama was elected, and the Dems doubled-down with Trump.

Who knows where it goes from here.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-22-2018, 11:30 AM   #10
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98 View Post
So the kids that spoke who lost a brother or sister all happened to be in the drama dept?, c'mon , Rubio was right when he said, no one trusts or will listen to the other side, when you see deceit in everything the other side says even if their kids, what is this world coming too?, there are way too many "get off of my lawn" type people these days. The hate in vitriol is only getting worse, every empire in history falls because of itself, maybe that time is closer than I thought
Actually, yes they were, especially those talking on Saturday and glorified on Sunday by the media.

Go to The New Yorker Magazine --not a right-wing rag by any means. There could be a pay-wall but it's written in a honest fashion and is quite well written which is befitting the magazine and its glorious history.

Rubio is a liar, phony and opportunist so any thing he says about anything must be taken with a grain of salt. If liberals wish to exploit Rubio for their advantage go for it.

Conservatives know that Rubio is a liar and a schemer.

Finally, the hate and vitriol comes from the left, always.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-22-2018, 11:42 AM   #11
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
All of this hate and vitriol got a huge jump-start by the left after the 2000 election. Never before in my lifetime had I seen a president treated so disrespectfully by the opposition party...until Trump came along of course...

It has always existed throughout history, but really came to its full force during the GWB administration...and has been ramping up ever since.

Republicans took their cue from Democrats when Obama was elected, and the Dems doubled-down with Trump.

Who knows where it goes from here.
I don't disagree with you, I don't care who started it, someone has to be the bigger person, the media doesn't help, I blame most of it on them, both R's and D's, Fox never used to give Obama credit even when he did something good and CNN and NBC never give Trump credit when he does something good, I'm not a fan of Trump not because of his policies just his character but I do agree with him when he says the media is the enemy, they are tearing the country apart
Old 02-22-2018, 11:44 AM   #12
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
Actually, yes they were, especially those talking on Saturday and glorified on Sunday by the media.

Go to The New Yorker Magazine --not a right-wing rag by any means. There could be a pay-wall but it's written in a honest fashion and is quite well written which is befitting the magazine and its glorious history.

Rubio is a liar, phony and opportunist so any thing he says about anything must be taken with a grain of salt. If liberals wish to exploit Rubio for their advantage go for it.

Conservatives know that Rubio is a liar and a schemer.

Finally, the hate and vitriol comes from the left, always.
It doesn't just come from the left, it comes from both sides, the leaders are acting like kids,"Well they started it"
Old 02-22-2018, 12:21 PM   #13
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
I have tried to watch CNN numerous times in the last 12 months but it turns my stomach so quickly I can bear only about 5 mins.

Thanks for the heads up on Senator Nelson.
That is 5 minutes more than I would last.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-22-2018, 01:14 PM   #14
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98 View Post
CNN was awful as usual, but to bash kids who lost friends or a brother or sister and are in grief no matter what they said is classless
Agree wholeheartedly. What angers me is to see these grieving souls being manipulated, exploited and used as nothing more than useful idiots by the Left and the lamestream media to further the radical left's agenda.
Old 02-22-2018, 01:32 PM   #15
Greyfox

Trump held a very good listening session earlier in the afternoon at the White House.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply