Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-03-2021, 02:19 PM   #7621
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Not a problem whatsoever. The OT and NT are in complete harmony.

And, man, you're on glutton for punishment! Why are you still backing this dead horse Singer?
The only glutton for punishment in this thread is YOU. No one here supports your myopic religious opinions., and yet you keep coming back for more and more...God knows what.
Old 06-03-2021, 02:20 PM   #7622
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
It's not Singer.

It's Isaiah...for starters
Who are you gonna believe...Isaiah, or Boxcar?
Old 06-03-2021, 02:24 PM   #7623
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
The bible says that the "Messiah" will put an end to war, and no nation will ever again take up arms against another. And Boxcar has the balls to come here and tell us that JESUS was the "Messiah"...and that he has left nothing undone.
This Redemptive History play on this world stage is in two parts, Mr. Thask. Part One is the story of the life and redemptive work of Jesus on the Cross to [save the world.

Luke 19:9-10
9 Jesus said to him, "Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham. 10 For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost."
NIV

And,

John 12:47
47 "As for the person who hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge him. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save it.
NIV

But Part 2 of the play is much, much shorter. In fact, it consists of only a Day -- a day in which the bible calls Judgment Day, a/k/a The Day of the Lord.

https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topi...ges-The-Wicked

These two stagest to redemptive history are not that difficult to understand. One deals with salvation. The other with judgment.
Old 06-03-2021, 03:52 PM   #7624
thaskalos

Quote:
This Redemptive History play on this world stage is in two parts, Mr. Thask. Part One is the story of the life and redemptive work of Jesus on the Cross to [save the world.

Luke 19:9-10
9 Jesus said to him, "Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham. 10 For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost."
NIV

And,

John 12:47
47 "As for the person who hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge him. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save it.
NIV

But Part 2 of the play is much, much shorter. In fact, it consists of only a Day -- a day in which the bible calls Judgment Day, a/k/a The Day of the Lord.

https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topi...ges-The-Wicked

These two stagest to redemptive history are not that difficult to understand. One deals with salvation. The other with judgment.
I am no "son of Abraham"...so, I have nothing to worry about.
Old 06-03-2021, 04:58 PM   #7625
boxcar

Quote:
I am no "son of Abraham"...so, I have nothing to worry about.
Actually, you have quite a bit to be worried about. For only the children of the Promise are the spiritual sons and daughters of Abraham. But the rest will be condemned on that dreadful Day of the Lord.
Old 06-03-2021, 05:33 PM   #7626
thaskalos

Quote:
Actually, you have quite a bit to be worried about. For only the children of the Promise are the spiritual sons and daughters of Abraham. But the rest will be condemned on that dreadful Day of the Lord.
I don't believe a word of it.
Old 06-03-2021, 05:45 PM   #7627
boxcar

Quote:
I don't believe a word of it.
Of course. I wish I could tell you that you'll have all eternity to reconsider, but things like repentance or reconsideration won't be on your menu of options.

If unbelievers could truly contemplate the fathomless depth of despair that will ensue from consciously existing in utter hopelessness forever, that would be enough to terrify a soul to cry out to God for his great salvation. We can all "run from God", as Adam and Eve did after they sinned; but what we can never escape from ourselves. Everyone of us will have to live forever with our choices. For many, that will work out fine; but most, not so much.
Old 06-03-2021, 06:19 PM   #7628
TJDave

Quote:
Rabbi Singer explaining what Jews devote their lives to and what they’d be willing to give their lives for begs the question...

Being the last recorded instance of Jewish martyrdom was Rabbi Akiva in 135 CE...

Are there still Jews who would choose death rather than abandon their faith?
Old 06-03-2021, 06:20 PM   #7629
thaskalos

Quote:
Of course. I wish I could tell you that you'll have all eternity to reconsider, but things like repentance or reconsideration won't be on your menu of options.

If unbelievers could truly contemplate the fathomless depth of despair that will ensue from consciously existing in utter hopelessness forever, that would be enough to terrify a soul to cry out to God for his great salvation. We can all "run from God", as Adam and Eve did after they sinned; but what we can never escape from ourselves. Everyone of us will have to live forever with our choices. For many, that will work out fine; but most, not so much.
My conscience is clear, Boxcar. So much so...that I sleep like a baby. I help people when I can...and I never willingly hurt anybody. You may not believe this...but I won't even hurt a little bug that I sometimes find crawling on my basement floor. These are the choices that I make...and I have no problem living with them.
Old 06-03-2021, 06:23 PM   #7630
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
Rabbi Singer explaining what Jews devote their lives to and what they’d be willing to give their lives for begs the question...

Being the last recorded instance of Jewish martyrdom was Rabbi Akiva in 135 CE...

Who would answer "Yes" to this, with a knife held to their throat?
Old 06-03-2021, 06:24 PM   #7631
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:

I'm sure there are...just as I'm sure there are such people in all religions...
Old 06-03-2021, 06:44 PM   #7632
boxcar

Quote:

Sure. Messianic Jews who believe in Yeshua.
Old 06-03-2021, 06:49 PM   #7633
thaskalos

Quote:
Sure. Messianic Jews who believe in Yeshua.
Rabbi Singer would too...and he is a Rabbinic Jew who DOESN'T believe in Yeshua.
Old 06-03-2021, 06:50 PM   #7634
boxcar

Quote:
It's not Singer.

It's Isaiah...for starters
Shirley U. Jest. Isaiah is so messianic in character many Christians consider it the OT version of the Gospel in prophetic form.
Old 06-03-2021, 06:57 PM   #7635
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
My conscience is clear, Boxcar. So much so...that I sleep like a baby. I help people when I can...and I never willingly hurt anybody. You may not believe this...but I won't even hurt a little bug that I sometimes find crawling on my basement floor. These are the choices that I make...and I have no problem living with them.
I don't hurt the bugs either. I call Orkin.