Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 10:35 PM   #2506
jay68802

Delta Downs Race #9:

Double: /
Old 02-15-2018, 10:50 PM   #2507
Chris Longshot
Chris Longshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
In the last race (8th) at Delta I thought the 8 would get involved early and let the 1 by in the stretch, but the 8 had one of the better riders and it didn't happen.
Melancon and Thornton are just a small few of the good riders at Delta...

http://damountain.blogspot.com/
Old 02-15-2018, 11:03 PM   #2508
Chris Longshot
Chris Longshot

DELTA 10

MILA'S GOLD

INALYZE

/

Old 02-15-2018, 11:09 PM   #2509
Chris Longshot
Chris Longshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Longshot View Post
DELTA 10

MILA'S GOLD

won $16.40

Old 02-15-2018, 11:14 PM   #2510
xstreme21502

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstreme21502 View Post
Charles Town Race 9

Delta Race 10

Charles Town Race 9
Wins Pays $16.00

Delta Race 10
Wins Pays $16.40
Old 02-15-2018, 11:19 PM   #2511
jay68802

Quote:
Charles Town Race 9
Wins Pays $16.00

Delta Race 10
Wins Pays $16.40

Have a good night.
Old 02-16-2018, 12:19 AM   #2512
xstreme21502

Quote:

Have a good night.
Thanks Jay!
Old 02-16-2018, 09:23 AM   #2513
Chris Longshot
Chris Longshot

Quote:
Charles Town Race 9
Wins Pays $16.00

Delta Race 10
Wins Pays $16.40
WTG XS...

Old 02-16-2018, 09:36 AM   #2514
lamboguy

wow, from out of nowhere into 2 $16 horses. good going man, bring it on
Old 02-16-2018, 10:16 AM   #2515
Chris Longshot
Chris Longshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post

i am not saying he is doing anything illegal, but he certainly is no good for the game along with others just like him.

in Santa Anita the general manager Tim Ritvo is trying something to address the problem of smaller outfits not being able to compete by carding special races that leave out higher priced horses and larger trainers. its at least an acknowledgment that there is a problem.
Then I will say it, he is a full blown cheater...And everybody knows it...But I don't blame him, I blame the racetracks for allowing this type of behavior for their own self serving reasons...The horses and bettors are just the unfortunate byproducts of this process. I feel terribly sad for all the good guys in the game that have played by the rules have dedicated their lives to their craft, only to leave the game because its no longer economically prudent to continue. I absolutely love Ritvo willingness to be creative and think outside the box it would be a great first step but like you said it may be just putting a Bandaid on a much larger issue.

Supertrainers plus the tracks turning a blind eye to this unethical behavior has hurt the sport of racing immeasurably and the sad part is its not going to get any better anytime soon. We need more people in the game like Tim Ritvo, that would be a good start for making significant positive changes in the sport.

Old 02-16-2018, 10:33 AM   #2516
lamboguy

Chris you know i love you like a brother. Broberg and others are only doing what the system lets them get away with. if Broberg wasn't playing like the other supertrainers he would be out of business just like the guys that don't go to these extremes to win races. they all get fined and penalized, they pay the fines and then go back to the way they were doing things. remember the times they had bad tests are only a fraction of the time that they used something and got away with it completely.

as you can see these days the game has evolved from when horses ran every 5-10 days to they run 20-30 days at that. that is saying that trainers are using medications that are not legal during a race, but they have to wait till the chemicals are out of their systems. the way they get caught is when they enter before the chemicals are completely out of the system and run the horse hoping that the few extra days is all it takes to clean their horses systems out of illegal medications. if they miscalculate, they get fined, suspended and lose any purse that they got.

people that were customers of the sport know all this and they express their interest in the game by staying away from it.
Old 02-16-2018, 11:10 AM   #2517
jay68802

Quote:
the thing that really irks me in this game is when a horse gets a positive test and stewards take away the purse money from the owners and trainers, but the bettors have no recourse to the tickets that they had to rip up because they were at a disadvantage before the race was ever run. the game is relying on bettors not seeing all these purse reversals. i didn't know about them until about 5 years ago when i had a few horses that were running at different tracks. i got mail from the horsemen's bookkeeper telling me i have more money in my purse account because some horse in front of me had a bad test and my horse has been moved up to 2nd from 3rd. one time i got a letter from them a month after my horse ran 3rd and i got moved up to win due to 2 different horses with bad test's ahead of me. i scratched my head and said to myself what the hell am i doing in this game? so i weaned myself out of racing horses something that i have done for over 40 years. i have also backed down with the amount that i bet on these things along with the frequency.
As a owner, would you support a rule that besides the fines and suspensions, also required pay of moneys not won back to the handicappers? In this day and age, most handicappers have records of their bets because most are made online. The tote system has records of the pools, so figuring the payouts would not be impossible. This might not be a big deal at Fonner Park, but at a large track could be a large amount of money.
Old 02-16-2018, 11:16 AM   #2518
lamboguy

Quote:
As a owner, would you support a rule that besides the fines and suspensions, also required pay of moneys not won back to the handicappers? In this day and age, most handicappers have records of their bets because most are made online. The tote system has records of the pools, so figuring the payouts would not be impossible. This might not be a big deal at Fonner Park, but at a large track could be a large amount of money.
i would but its never happening! bettors always get *****d.
Old 02-16-2018, 01:26 PM   #2519
Chris Longshot
Chris Longshot

Quote:
Chris you know i love you like a brother. Broberg and others are only doing what the system lets them get away with. if Broberg wasn't playing like the other supertrainers he would be out of business just like the guys that don't go to these extremes to win races. they all get fined and penalized, they pay the fines and then go back to the way they were doing things. remember the times they had bad tests are only a fraction of the time that they used something and got away with it completely.

as you can see these days the game has evolved from when horses ran every 5-10 days to they run 20-30 days at that. that is saying that trainers are using medications that are not legal during a race, but they have to wait till the chemicals are out of their systems. the way they get caught is when they enter before the chemicals are completely out of the system and run the horse hoping that the few extra days is all it takes to clean their horses systems out of illegal medications. if they miscalculate, they get fined, suspended and lose any purse that they got.

people that were customers of the sport know all this and they express their interest in the game by staying away from it.
You obviously would be much more qualified than me on this topic Lamb, since your an owner but are you telling me that trainers like Karl Broberg, Jorge Navarro, Brad Cox, Steve Asmussen and Pete Miller just to name a few, who win at ridiculous high % are all generally playing by or just taking advantage of technically legal rules? But nothing additional illegal at all, except maybe 1 or 2 bad drug tests here and there?

Old 02-16-2018, 01:36 PM   #2520
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Longshot View Post
You obviously would be much more qualified than me on this topic Lamb, since your an owner but are you telling me that trainers like Karl Broberg, Jorge Navarro, Brad Cox, Steve Asmussen and Pete Miller just to name a few, who win at ridiculous high % are all generally playing by or just taking advantage of technically legal rules? But nothing additional illegal at all, except maybe 1 or 2 bad drug tests here and there?
the way the game is as long as the horse doesn't test for anything illegal, the trainer is doing nothing wrong. that doesn't mean that a horse isn't receiving illegal substances. the substance could either leave the body without the threshold test, or the substance is untestable for the tests that are performed after the race.
Closed Thread