Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Poll: How do you feel about the NFL?
Poll Options
How do you feel about the NFL?

Old 08-31-2018, 11:55 AM   #61
jimmyb

LOL on the Browns television money. Not much incentive to improve.
jimmyb is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-31-2018, 02:47 PM   #62
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
So only FOX and ABC/ESPN will have games this year?
That Fox deal was for the Thursday night games.NBC still has the Sunday night game and CBS still will broadcast on Sundsys.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-31-2018, 03:30 PM   #63
BlueChip@DRF
Random Numbers Generator

Location: In the grandstand looking under the seats for tickets or food
The NFL is rigged. The players are playing the game but it's the refs that would control the flow of the game with the calls/non-calls.

Patriots and Steelers are the two teams that get the most calls/non-calls their way.
Old 08-31-2018, 06:02 PM   #64
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueChip@DRF View Post
Steelers are the team that gets the most calls/non-calls their way.
As it should be in a universe full of goodness.
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-10-2018, 12:33 PM   #65
Valuist

If you aren't watching the NFL, you missed a game like last night. And while I'm a Bears fan and it was an excruciatingly difficult loss to stomach, there's no better reality TV than the drama a game like that brings.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-10-2018, 01:03 PM   #66
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
LOL on the Browns television money. Not much incentive to improve.
Was there money to be made on the Browns last night?
Old 09-10-2018, 01:05 PM   #67
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosonfirst View Post
Was there money to be made on the Browns last night?
There was, and they figured to be improved. But when I see they were plus 5 in turnovers and still only managed a tie, I'm not sure how much better.
Old 09-10-2018, 01:26 PM   #68
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist View Post
There was, and they figured to be improved. But when I see they were plus 5 in turnovers and still only managed a tie, I'm not sure how much better.
Point well taken....On the flip side, Pittsburgh, after playing a terrible game, may be a great play this week against Kansas City....Money-line only.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-10-2018, 06:30 PM   #69
burnsy
self medicated

I don't know ratings were up this weekend. Many of these people proclaim "boycott" and they are just lying. If they go on and on about it , they are probably full of crap.

I don't even get it to begin with. Someone else is kneeling....it isn't you, why worry about it?

That's the main problem with both sides. They are always up the other guys ass and worried about what the "other side" is doing. Glad I have Libertarian leanings and don't give a crap. I actually believe in true freedom. So I also reserve the right to make fun of all of it.

To the people that never served and keep bitching. Good for you, you are a real Patriot. You stood for 3 minutes with a beer in you hand. WTF do you want, a medal? Thanks for your service, lol, but you ain't getting one of mine!

What's this kids soccer now? Everyone wants a trophy and pat on the back for standing up for a few minutes.....get over it! The country is stronger than a few morons kneeling...….or who knows, these days , maybe it isn't?

Last edited by burnsy; 09-10-2018 at 06:33 PM.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2018, 12:15 PM   #70
Valuist

On the downside, a number of games were penalty fests. Several teams were assessed over 100 yards in penalties. After every big play, one has to check for flags.
Old 09-11-2018, 12:49 PM   #71
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist View Post
On the downside, a number of games were penalty fests. Several teams were assessed over 100 yards in penalties. After every big play, one has to check for flags.
There's certainly not much 'flow' to the game. There's enough rules that they can call something on almost every play.

Contrary to conspiracy theorists, -most games are not fixed. There are perhaps 1 a week where the betting public is obviously going to irrationally over-bet one side, and the line encourages it rather than adjusts for it, and those would be the ones guided as well as possible in a certain direction (but still susceptible to overwhelming victory and/or game breaking plays if they can't be called back). There's also occasionally a rare game whose outcome has moderate significance in revenue(usually regarding divisional standings later in the season) (and which is guided for the League, not the point spread). Most of the revenue-driving teams never need help, - they've got weak division rivals and they've got the best players and coaching.

I've never understood or sensed anything related to 'fantasy football stats', but that's funny to think of.

They've also got the TV timeouts.

They've now got 'POP-UP' ads in the middle of the screen during huddles and such like we're viewing a bad internet site.

I don't need to boycott the NFL, the NFL does just fine eliminating guys like Kaep. It's a powerful business, and if you disrupt or threaten it in the slightest you will be humbled.

The handful of attention-whore's like Kaep, and the onslaught of commercials (including the pharmaceutical onslaught), as well as our state's own patriotic propaganda; are the parts that fade out of focus.

Unless you have a big wager, or you are a super-fan, AND it's a key moment ... Football is just something to have on in the background and look up once in a while when something is happening.

"OH! There he goes!"

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 09-11-2018 at 12:57 PM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: