Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-17-2018, 06:43 PM   #151
Ocala Mike
Registered User
 
Ocala Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 4,070
Rep Power: 15 Ocala Mike is a jewel in the roughOcala Mike is a jewel in the roughOcala Mike is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveb View Post
i was responding to the bit where he said one can't buy alcohol until 21, but can buy guns.

that is idiotical in the extreme, it it's true, if it's not, then he should not have said it.

so is that the law, and is it as it should be???
It varies from state to state in the good ole USA - not like Oz, I guess. You have your own crime problems, albeit not primarily with guns.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-17-2018, 06:46 PM   #152
Clocker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 14,931
Rep Power: 22 Clocker is a jewel in the roughClocker is a jewel in the roughClocker is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveb View Post
so is that the law, and is it as it should be???
There's no law that says that laws have to be as they should be.
__________________
A man's got to know his limitations. -- Dirty Harry
Clocker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-17-2018, 06:56 PM   #153
steveb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 621
Rep Power: 11 steveb will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
There's no law that says that laws have to be as they should be.
great answer
why bother?
steveb is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-17-2018, 06:57 PM   #154
steveb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 621
Rep Power: 11 steveb will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike View Post
It varies from state to state in the good ole USA - not like Oz, I guess. You have your own crime problems, albeit not primarily with guns.
sure we have problems, what place doesn't.

but to let them have guns at 18, and not alcohol until 21 is obscene.
i guess it's different to somebody looking in(me), than it is to somebody that has always had it so.

i can read all the stuff about don't blame guns, blame the person, and whatever, i just don't understand why people need guns.
from what i read it's a 'god' given right to own one in your fine country.
fine, i just don't understand why one would want to own one in the first place.
for what purpose?


so i guess you would call me a 'liberal' and i certainly lean slighty to the left, but it was a very conservative prime minister in my country that tried to get rid of guns, by buying them back amd making stricter laws.
best thing he ever did to my eyes.

what other first world country has the amount of slaughters as your country?
if it's not guns then what is it?
is there something fundamentally wrong with american society?
steveb is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-17-2018, 07:09 PM   #155
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward
 
PaceAdvantage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: New York
Posts: 57,257
Rep Power: 86 PaceAdvantage has much to be proud ofPaceAdvantage has much to be proud ofPaceAdvantage has much to be proud ofPaceAdvantage has much to be proud ofPaceAdvantage has much to be proud ofPaceAdvantage has much to be proud ofPaceAdvantage has much to be proud ofPaceAdvantage has much to be proud ofPaceAdvantage has much to be proud of
Oy vey
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-17-2018, 07:20 PM   #156
jocko699
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,489
Rep Power: 6 jocko699 is a jewel in the roughjocko699 is a jewel in the roughjocko699 is a jewel in the roughjocko699 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveb View Post
sure we have problems, what place doesn't.

but to let them have guns at 18, and not alcohol until 21 is obscene.
i guess it's different to somebody looking in(me), than it is to somebody that has always had it so.

i can read all the stuff about don't blame guns, blame the person, and whatever, i just don't understand why people need guns.
from what i read it's a 'god' given right to own one in your fine country.
fine, i just don't understand why one would want to own one in the first place.
for what purpose?


so i guess you would call me a 'liberal' and i certainly lean slighty to the left, but it was a very conservative prime minister in my country that tried to get rid of guns, by buying them back amd making stricter laws.
best thing he ever did to my eyes.

what other first world country has the amount of slaughters as your country?
if it's not guns then what is it?
is there something fundamentally wrong with american society?
Just stick to kangaroos and koala bears mate because you're clueless.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-17-2018, 07:23 PM   #157
steveb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 621
Rep Power: 11 steveb will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko699 View Post
Just stick to kangaroos and koala bears mate because you're clueless.
thanks for your well thought out and reasoned response.
well done.
this is what happens when one can't answer in a meaningful way, they attack the person.

so now can you give a proper resonse or just more puerile nonsense?
how old did you say you were?
was it 10 or 11?
steveb is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-17-2018, 07:28 PM   #158
horses4courses
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 11,743
Rep Power: 21 horses4courses is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko699 View Post
Just stick to kangaroos and koala bears mate because you're clueless.
Here's a small, but telling, example of whats wrong in American society.
Bravado fueled by ignorance.

Did it make you feel good, jocko, to put someone down
with a stereotypical insult? Did you take a deep breath
first - even thump your chest once or twice while typing?

Pathetic douche.......
__________________
No....we don't fight fair.
Consider the opposition.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-17-2018, 07:36 PM   #159
NJ Stinks
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 7,674
Rep Power: 20 NJ Stinks has a spectacular aura aboutNJ Stinks has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveb View Post
sure we have problems, what place doesn't.

but to let them have guns at 18, and not alcohol until 21 is obscene.
i guess it's different to somebody looking in(me), than it is to somebody that has always had it so.

i can read all the stuff about don't blame guns, blame the person, and whatever, i just don't understand why people need guns.
from what i read it's a 'god' given right to own one in your fine country.
fine, i just don't understand why one would want to own one in the first place.
for what purpose?


so i guess you would call me a 'liberal' and i certainly lean slighty to the left, but it was a very conservative prime minister in my country that tried to get rid of guns, by buying them back amd making stricter laws.
best thing he ever did to my eyes.

what other first world country has the amount of slaughters as your country?
if it's not guns then what is it?
is there something fundamentally wrong with american society?
There is something fundamentally wrong with about 40% of the population. That's the 40% who claim Donny Boy is just great, rapid fire guns are an American right, and no American should get a government handout.

Oh. And Steve, those are the real Americans just in case you haven't heard.
__________________
One flew east, one flew west,
One flew over the cuckoo's nest.
NJ Stinks is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-17-2018, 07:37 PM   #160
steveb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 621
Rep Power: 11 steveb will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses View Post
Here's a small, but telling, example of whats wrong in American society.
Bravado fueled by ignorance.

Did it make you feel good, jocko, to put someone down
with a stereotypical insult? Did you take a deep breath
first - even thump your chest once or twice while typing?

Pathetic douche.......
thank you for that, but no need.
water off a ducks back.
i am sure he will be fine when he comes of age in about 10 years time

i just would like to say that koalas are not bears!!
steveb is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-17-2018, 07:38 PM   #161
jocko699
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,489
Rep Power: 6 jocko699 is a jewel in the roughjocko699 is a jewel in the roughjocko699 is a jewel in the roughjocko699 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveb View Post
thanks for your well thought out and reasoned response.
well done.
this is what happens when one can't answer in a meaningful way, they attack the person.

so now can you give a proper resonse or just more puerile nonsense?
how old did you say you were?
was it 10 or 11?
In Australian years? 147. You have no idea what you are talking about. You attempt to compare what goes on in Australia and somehow hypothesize that you have an ffing clue about this country.

The problem here is not guns but the absolute lack of upbringing and failure of parents and communities to stop this BS, Meanwhile, down under you drink piss beer and attempt to give us some BS global insight.

Get back to sucking on lollipops you wanker!!!!
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-17-2018, 07:46 PM   #162
steveb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 621
Rep Power: 11 steveb will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko699 View Post
In Australian years? 147. You have no idea what you are talking about. You attempt to compare what goes on in Australia and somehow hypothesize that you have an ffing clue about this country.

The problem here is not guns but the absolute lack of upbringing and failure of parents and communities to stop this BS, Meanwhile, down under you drink piss beer and attempt to give us some BS global insight.

Get back to sucking on lollipops you wanker!!!!
so are you the perfect example of somebody well brought up?
steveb is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-17-2018, 07:48 PM   #163
jocko699
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,489
Rep Power: 6 jocko699 is a jewel in the roughjocko699 is a jewel in the roughjocko699 is a jewel in the roughjocko699 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveb View Post
thank you for that, but no need.
water off a ducks back.
i am sure he will be fine when he comes of age in about 10 years time

i just would like to say that koalas are not bears!!
Stevie,

Please pass my love onto horsey but I have him on ignore.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-17-2018, 07:49 PM   #164
jocko699
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,489
Rep Power: 6 jocko699 is a jewel in the roughjocko699 is a jewel in the roughjocko699 is a jewel in the roughjocko699 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveb View Post
so are you the perfect example of somebody well brought up?
No, only God is perfect. I am human, you?
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-17-2018, 07:50 PM   #165
incoming
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 858
Rep Power: 15 incoming will become famous soon enoughincoming will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveb View Post
thanks for your well thought out and reasoned response.
well done.
this is what happens when one can't answer in a meaningful way, they attack the person.

so now can you give a proper resonse or just more puerile nonsense?
how old did you say you were?
was it 10 or 11?
Nothing like worldly advice given from a citizen of a country that doesn't have the technology to produce their own automobiles.
incoming is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which handicapping software has given you the best ROI?
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2018 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved -- Best Viewed in a modern browser @ 1280x720 Resolution Or Higher
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.