Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-25-2015, 04:11 AM   #16
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by no breathalyzer
Ok i will admit i posted to close after the race.. i was just a bit ticked cause seems like every dirt route race i bet everyone grabs. in this race seems like everyone couldn't inject enough speed in there horses. For the record i bet the horse.. i thought jose moved too early and the didn't need to go that fast and could of had an easy lead. and what was zito's horse doing with the .. boy he has fallen hard.. always was over rated now just pitiful. I will say that horse was really moving in race horse time and i'm not biter anymore .
I hear ya.....It is frustrating when the race you bet is the one they go at it and you're close up....
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-25-2015, 06:54 AM   #17
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Only .34 slower vs. F4UP R Stake for 100K.

1/2 fraction was .87 slower vs. the stake. Didn't close into a full fledged pace collapse. Came home in under 24 (fast closing fractions today BUT his sub 24 was excellent).

Really nice debut....

Any word as to what race is next? Excited about this horse's potential.
Old 08-25-2015, 10:15 AM   #18
pandy

Someone posted a video on facebook that isolated the camera on Jess's Dream. It said Twinspires but I can't find the link to post it on here. He was really green early, his head was held awkwardly high and he was climbing, but on the final turn he looked like a different horse, head down, smoother stride, really nice.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-25-2015, 10:33 AM   #19
Grits

The chart has a great amount of detail about his run including his moving greenly. Too, it notes that he crossed the wire "being hand ridden."
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-25-2015, 11:40 AM   #20
OntheRail

Very Happy for Rachel... 2 foals 2 wins. When I first watched it and seen him so far back... I was like well. But the move he made on the far turn was very strong and his stretch run sealed the deal. Thrilling first start... looking for more of him.
Old 08-25-2015, 11:44 AM   #21
Cholly

I looked for but didn’t notice Barbara Banke in the winner’s circle. But from wherever she was watching it had to be a moment laden with an emotional intensity few of us could ever imagine.

This was a case of “good things happening to good people”. From my view in the far distant cheap seats, she stands out as one of racing’s class acts.
Cholly is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-25-2015, 12:25 PM   #22
1st time lasix

I think the quality of racing....the deeper competetiveness ....the big fields....and the good weather have all contributed to the best meet i can remember in Saratoga. The payouts for anyone who might sting a few winners together there have been staggering. There is simply no question.... that the NY bred races have become much better each of the last four years. More money...attracts more breeders, buyers and top barns to the party.
1st time lasix is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-25-2015, 02:49 PM   #23
Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
Only .34 slower vs. F4UP R Stake for 100K.

1/2 fraction was .87 slower vs. the stake. Didn't close into a full fledged pace collapse. Came home in under 24 (fast closing fractions today BUT his sub 24 was excellent).

Really nice debut....

Any word as to what race is next? Excited about this horse's potential.
Ray Paulick reported on twitter that Kiaran said "An allowance race at Belmont is probably next for him, or the Travers."
Striker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-25-2015, 03:16 PM   #24
SuperPickle

It was a very impressive race.

However keep in mind there's been a ton of outside closers winning since it rained on Friday. None of the dirt races yesterday were won wire-to-wire. All weekend speed was bad and the rail was dead. Dave Lifton tweeted about this.

Awesome performance but the track bias was in his favor.
SuperPickle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-25-2015, 03:34 PM   #25
pandy

Yes, definitely outside closer's track.

http://www.handicappingwinners.com/track_bias.htm

the long range forecast looks dry so the rail should remain tiring, unless they screw with it for the Travers.

Last edited by pandy; 08-25-2015 at 03:39 PM.
Old 08-25-2015, 05:44 PM   #26
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy
Yes, definitely outside closer's track.

http://www.handicappingwinners.com/track_bias.htm

the long range forecast looks dry so the rail should remain tiring, unless they screw with it for the Travers.
Depends on what post AP gets.....
Old 08-25-2015, 06:02 PM   #27
pandy

It shouldn't make any difference if Victor rides smart. AP doesn't need to lead and all you have to do is keep your horse off the rail. True, if he draws the rail that could be a problem. I remember Victor gunning a Baffert two year old to the lead along a dead rail in the Breeders Cup, finished off the board. Can't remember the colt's name right now but I think he was undefeated coming into the race and I think it was at Belmont.
Old 08-25-2015, 06:11 PM   #28
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

If does matter because if he draws 10 or 11 with speed horses to his inside, he can be herded out in the clubhouse turn on a gold rail day.

Conversely, he can draw pp 1 in a field of 12, get bumped by pp 2 inward, have limited options on a dead rail.

A lot can go wrong, no matter how great you are.

All it takes is 1 JD (Eddington) to cause a domino effect of bad racing luck.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:04 PM   #29
Kash$
Veteran

He had recently worked h/u with Marking, that McLaughlin firster who opened up @ 4/5 (from a 5/1 ml) before eventually getting scratched at the gate.
Kash$ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-26-2015, 02:19 AM   #30
affirmedny

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy
It shouldn't make any difference if Victor rides smart. AP doesn't need to lead and all you have to do is keep your horse off the rail. True, if he draws the rail that could be a problem. I remember Victor gunning a Baffert two year old to the lead along a dead rail in the Breeders Cup, finished off the board. Can't remember the colt's name right now but I think he was undefeated coming into the race and I think it was at Belmont.
Officer?
affirmedny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply