Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 12-10-2018, 01:04 PM   #196
TexasDolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
I had to click the thing in the top right corner that looks like a person icon (or a pawn in chess), then go to 'preferences' then go to 'use twinspires tv' ...

it still forces me to see a giant program thingy with a 'betslip' when i open 'recall today's bets' in a new window. I liked the simple 'printout' style that used to have, still trying to figure out how to get that back...
Thanks Robert that did the trick for the first part . I'll see how it goes for the other functions I am used to.

TD
TexasDolly is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2018, 01:10 PM   #197
Ray2000
Apple 2GS Wiz

Thanks Robert Fisher

I clicked that button in top right corner -->preferences and got to the classic interface.

these people (twin) have the worst site in the business.

there's a long wait for live chat right now, 14 people in queue
Bret Harte

Last edited by Ray2000; 12-10-2018 at 01:11 PM.
Ray2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2018, 02:53 PM   #198
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjk View Post
Actually I spoke with a fellow at Twinspires the other day and I think he was sincere in wanting to help me but I don't think he will be able to.
The ones who are willing to help are not the ones calling the shots.

TS and CD seem to forget how they got their start -- horse racing. Without horse racing they would not exist.
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2018, 03:40 PM   #199
Robert Fischer
clean money

can't figure out how to see Daily 'wagers/ret/total +or-' ...

used to be able to hit 'recall today's bets' and see a simple account of today's actions

I know how to find 'detailed account history' after clicking a few menus, but I believe this page currently only updates to the previous day (so I can see action through 12/09 yesterday)...

All the old 'recall today's bets' gives me is their new 'betting slip' interface, but no totals...

I mean, I can figure it out in my head... I know where I was, and where I am now...

and there are some nice things about the new interface... I just don't want to lose features or complicate usability
Old 12-10-2018, 03:48 PM   #200
Quesmark

This is the best TS could do...

New and improved isn't always better,this new TS format is a Frankenstein monster hybrid platform now.
Sure nowadays having a mobile app is necessary,yet there can be separate but equal needs met for those betting through a phone somewhere,or at home.
My preferred wagering choice has always been the TS "Express Pro" interface which IMO had everything needed to stay informed about one's account.
Clicking on the "wager log" only brings up a few recent bets instead of the whole days activity,and where's the cancel button?
There seem to be so many downgrades,who was this designed for?
Quesmark is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2018, 04:10 PM   #201
lamboguy

the people at Twinspires monitor this board. i realize its tough to admit they made such a big mistake with this platform. all they had to do was keep the old one and they would have no beef. but they spent money on this thing and they won't change back so fast. but this one was a major blunder because i see plenty of problems with the interface that is going to cause people making mistakes punching in their bets. if it was me, i would switch back tomorrow and not think any thing of it and put this new platform right on the shelf where it belongs.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2018, 04:15 PM   #202
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quesmark View Post
New and improved isn't always better,this new TS format is a Frankenstein monster hybrid platform now.
Remember when Coca-Cola introduced New Coke?...Colossal mistake, went quickly back to the old Coke formula....Same mistake here with TS.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2018, 04:19 PM   #203
sjk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray2000 View Post
Thanks Robert Fisher

I clicked that button in top right corner -->preferences and got to the classic interface.

these people (twin) have the worst site in the business.

there's a long wait for live chat right now, 14 people in queue
You would have thought they could have told me about this when I practically begged for a solution.

I just spent an hour building a workflow off the xpressbet page
sjk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2018, 04:57 PM   #204
JimG

Only thing I see under preferences is Remember your username.
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2018, 05:01 PM   #205
acorn54

if you don't like twinspires take your business elsewhere, it is called CAPITALISM.
acorn54 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2018, 05:04 PM   #206
agameofskill

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimG View Post
Only thing I see under preferences is Remember your username.
Apparently some people are seeing that, and others like myself are seeing 3 choices of the old platforms.
Old 12-10-2018, 05:30 PM   #207
Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by agameofskill View Post
Apparently some people are seeing that, and others like myself are seeing 3 choices of the old platforms.
you get the old choices ONLY if you are a VIP member, I use T/S as a backup and still qualify as vip, and yes the new wagering interface is bad, I thought we were told if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor? or was it WE ARE WORKING ON IT (conditional wagers / batch wagers) they must have given up, over their heads.
Mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2018, 06:27 PM   #208
Zydeco

Thanks Robert Fischer. Found the classic interface.
Zydeco is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2018, 06:39 PM   #209
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
Remember when Coca-Cola introduced New Coke?...Colossal mistake, went quickly back to the old Coke formula....Same mistake here with TS.
i remember that kicked off one of the most successful marketing campaigns of all time. the same thing could happen here! that would be a brilliant move if they happened to have planned this ahead of time.
i can see them say that we listened to our customer's and acted fast.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2018, 08:41 PM   #210
agameofskill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
you get the old choices ONLY if you are a VIP member, I use T/S as a backup and still qualify as vip, and yes the new wagering interface is bad, I thought we were told if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor? or was it WE ARE WORKING ON IT (conditional wagers / batch wagers) they must have given up, over their heads.
Thanks mechanic. That makes sense.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: