Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2016, 11:38 AM   #361
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
Some new polls tonight show Hiils lead cut to less than two points.
2 days ago you wrote this. No documentation. Just wishful thinking. What new polls?
As usual

Trump just keep digging his hole deeper.
I suspect he is trying a "rope-a-doper" strategy. Except his mouth keeps him tangled in the ropes and he is the giant dope.

Today the polls same as 2 days ago.

FiveThirtyEight.
Electoral vote

Hillary Clinton

87.8%

Donald Trump

12.2%

Popular vote

Hillary Clinton

49.0%

Donald Trump

41.2%
.................................................. ...

And RealClearpolitics....

RCP Average 8/1 - 8/12 -- -- 47.8 41.0 Clinton +6.8

Bloomberg 8/5 - 8/8 749 LV 3.6 50 44 Clinton +6
Reuters/Ipsos 8/6 - 8/10 974 LV 3.5 42 36 Clinton +6
LA Times/USC 8/6 - 8/12 2216 LV -- 46 42 Clinton +4
Economist/YouGov 8/6 - 8/9 911 RV 4.2 48 41 Clinton +7
NBC News/SM 8/1 - 8/7 11480 RV 1.2 51 41 Clinton +10
ABC News/Wash Post 8/1 - 8/4 815 RV 4.0 50 42 Clinton +8

Attached Images
File Type: jpg TRUNPDOWN2.JPG (69.3 KB, 38 views)

Last edited by hcap; 08-13-2016 at 11:40 AM.
Old 08-13-2016, 11:46 AM   #362
Capper Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
2 days ago you wrote this. No documentation. Just wishful thinking. What new polls?
As usual

Trump just keep digging his hole deeper.
I suspect he is trying a "rope-a-doper" strategy. Except his mouth keeps him tangled in the ropes and he is the giant dope.

Today the polls same as 2 days ago.

FiveThirtyEight.
Electoral vote

Hillary Clinton

87.8%

Donald Trump

12.2%
Almost single digits on the Electoral Vote!!!!

"The Law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich, as well as the poor, to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."

Anatole France

Old 08-13-2016, 12:00 PM   #363
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capper Al
Almost single digits on the Electoral Vote!!!!
I have an idea. With the number of trumpetes and trumpeters here, maybe PA off topic can cast ONE electoral vote so it might add up to MORE than single digits ??
Old 08-13-2016, 12:28 PM   #364
barn32
tmrpots

Quote:
I have an idea. With the number of trumpetes and trumpeters here, maybe PA off topic can cast ONE electoral vote so it might add up to MORE than single digits ??
I have a question for you.
Personalities and personal attacks aside, what is it that you like about Hillary Clinton?
Old 08-13-2016, 12:33 PM   #365
Capper Al

Quote:
Sounds like a plan!!!

"The Law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich, as well as the poor, to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."

Anatole France

Old 08-13-2016, 01:05 PM   #366
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by barn32
Personalities and personal attacks aside, what is it that you like about Hillary Clinton?
Although there is a tendency to do an "equivalency" argument especially by the right (and btw I would have preferred Sanders), Clinton is substantially by a factor of ten thousand, clearly the lesser of two evils.

Last edited by hcap; 08-13-2016 at 01:06 PM.
Old 08-13-2016, 01:11 PM   #367
OntheRail

Quote:
Originally Posted by barn32
For the DemBots it matters not... If not the Witch, it be the Warlock or the Troll... as long as it had a D after it's name. They just can get past the D. When a DemBot sees a D... it triggers a Delete All Negative... If some slip by the filter then all negatives are errors... error error can not compute error error.

But I'm sure MoPo, Al or hcap will cut and paste their true thoughts from the DNCHC approved list of sappy and snappy retorts .

/\ see...

Last edited by OntheRail; 08-13-2016 at 01:13 PM.
Old 08-13-2016, 01:16 PM   #368
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
... (and btw I would have preferred Sanders), Clinton is substantially by a factor of ten thousand, clearly the lesser of two evils.
I guess the obvious question here is how much of that must be hyperbole if you really would have preferred Sanders and it is pretty clear that you had a vastly better chance of getting your wish had the DNC and the 10,000 times better Clinton not conspired together to subvert the will of people like you? I don't know, Trump is pretty bad and it's hard to have an apples to apples comparison, but working to make your vote irrelevant in the primary has to rank up there with saying ridiculous things and having bad hair.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
Old 08-13-2016, 01:31 PM   #369
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
I guess the obvious question here is how much of that must be hyperbole if you really would have preferred Sanders and it is pretty clear that you had a vastly better chance of getting your wish had the DNC and the 10,000 times better Clinton not conspired together to subvert the will of people like you? I don't know, Trump is pretty bad and it's hard to have an apples to apples comparison, but working to make your vote irrelevant in the primary has to rank up there with saying ridiculous things and having bad hair.
Problem as I see it was Bernie was a bit before his time. The country is not yet ready for a social democrat. Considering the rabid reaction to advancing social programs already existing and expanding health care into larger social dimension, maybe Hillary can move things further left because IMHO she has a better chance to get into the WH.

Last edited by hcap; 08-13-2016 at 01:32 PM.
Old 08-13-2016, 01:41 PM   #370
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Problem as I see it was Bernie was a bit before his time. The country is not yet ready for a social democrat. Considering the rabid reaction to advancing social programs already existing and expanding health care into larger social dimension, maybe Hillary can move things further left because IMHO she has a better chance to get into the WH.
I guess. Maybe you are just that much more pragmatic than I am but I'd have some real difficulty declaring anyone that worked to make sure that the fix was in and my vote meant little to nothing as being 10,000 times better than much of anything. Better, I get. But, I think that I'd be pissed off enough that I had been played to not be that entrenched in the camp of the faction that scammed me out of my best chance to have my vote mean something. For all the really scathing labels pinned to Trump for what he says and how it is antithetical to America, the other option quite literally was working (not just talking about) to rig the notion of democracy in the context of the primaries to steer votes away from your preference.

Old 08-13-2016, 01:47 PM   #371
Greyfox

Quote:
Problem as I see it was Bernie was a bit before his time. .
Bernie's ideas have been tried in Cuba.
I've been there.
Go see for yourself the huge amount of poverty that is there.
I met a Dentist who was supplementing her $28 per month income by working as a guide on a tour bus.
Senior citizens get $8 / month allowance.
Yup. Bernie has great ideas. Unfortunately, they don't work.
Old 08-13-2016, 02:07 PM   #372
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
Where did I say I had a loan? Another mind-reader on a par with Al. And another one dodging the issue of the government meddling in education.
When do you ever say anything. You are always deliberately obscure. Then, no matter what we say, you claim you said the opposite and think you won the argument. Here's a clue; you didn't.

It doesn't matter whether you had a loan or not. It doesn't matter whether or not you defaulted on that loan you may or may not have had. The important point was the government is no longer underwriting the loans of the private banks.
Old 08-13-2016, 02:12 PM   #373
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan
Stupid comment. Why should I have to pay for other people's choices? Don't freaking have kids if you can't afford them.
When I accidentally try to post something I have previously posted, I get an error message. Yet you were able to post the same thing five times in a roe-that's very fishy to me.

And, it was just as wrong the fifth time as the first.
Old 08-13-2016, 02:16 PM   #374
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
But schools like Laureate University aren't?
None of them are much good considering the cost. Laureate University is better than Trump, but that is not much of a recommendation.
Old 08-13-2016, 02:16 PM   #375
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
When I accidentally try to post something I have previously posted, I get an error message. Yet you were able to post the same thing five times in a roe-that's very fishy to me.

And, it was just as wrong the fifth time as the first.
Except you quoted the wrong person. Wade to go.

Closed Thread