Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:11 PM   #46
WinterTriangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
I don't think anyone here has said he's not a good handicapper.
glad to hear it...Sorry Pace, didn't read thru the topic, just saw the topic heading Boomer's Plays and was posting to that THAT.
WinterTriangle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2010, 07:55 PM   #47
green80

Thumbs up boomer's picks

as a free recipient this weekend of Boomer's spot plays I had 46 selections.

Results based on a $2 win bet:

Wagered 92 , Returned 104.6 ROI $1.14

and on the show side

Wagered 92, Returned 103.50 ROI $ 1.125

I will take a +1.14 ROI anyday.

green80 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2010, 09:48 PM   #48
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

great to hear green80...congrats on the positive showing!
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2010, 11:25 PM   #49
boomman

Quote:
Originally Posted by green80
as a free recipient this weekend of Boomer's spot plays I had 46 selections.

Results based on a $2 win bet:

Wagered 92 , Returned 104.6 ROI $1.14

and on the show side

Wagered 92, Returned 103.50 ROI $ 1.125

I will take a +1.14 ROI anyday.

Green: Thanks for sharing your results with the board, here are the complete stats for the week ending 3-28-10: Boomer

$1 Exacta Box:

Invest: $734

Return: $797.35

$2 Win:

Invest: $188

Return: $169.40

$2 Place:

Invest: $188

Return: $199.20

$2 Trifecta Box:

Invest: $5,950

Return: $10,715.40

Old 03-31-2010, 09:11 AM   #50
boomman

Quote:
Originally Posted by oexplayer68
Hi All,

I gave these a try (favorite-busters & spot plays) last week based on the recommendations on this board, and let's just say they didn't work out so well for me. The spot-plays had an .86 roi and I haven't calculated the favorite-busters, but I believe they were probably up after hitting a very large trifecta on Sunday at Aqueduct. I'll write a detailed post about my results with these when I get some more time next week.

The spot plays seem to be mostly lower-priced horses that do hit for a fairly good percentage. It's pretty hard to keep a positive ROI going playing so many short-priced horses. There were numerous winners in the $3.00-$5.00 range during my week, and a few in the teens but nothing higher than that.

The favorite-busters involve huge trifecta and exacta boxes.....upwards of almost the whole field on some occasions minus the favorite. I played these for four days and absolutely got ripped, then gave up on them the last day and they popped a big one of course. Boomer says this is all by design, and they are looking to beat vulnerable favorites which I totally agree with. It was just really hard for me mentally to do this as even though I'm a spread-player, I never ever spread like that deep. I do this for a living, so bankroll is not a problem for me, but the drawdown on these plays would get most players and make the rest of us sweat big-time.

That said, Boomer told me both services are running at the 1.10-1.15 level since inception which is fantastic if true. I have zero doubt that they do hit some big licks on these exotics the way they play. Most of us probably like to take a little more of a stand, so I had to discontinue the service as I just hated to lose any more money on stuff that I didn't come up with on my own, or handicapped the race differently.

Boomer seems like a good guy, and maybe these things are good as gold. I would pay way more than he's asking if they are anywhere in the black over a long period of time. Kind of wished I had just got the service during the trial, or just bought them and watched for a couple of months before losing so much of my own cash. The one thing I would say is that if you are thinking about going this route have a very large bankroll and a lot of patience. The big one will probably be coming but if you play trifectas or supers you might burn through some cash before they hit.
oexplayer:Yes, the favorite busters include big spreads by design. Now anyone can pick a random a bunch of races and tell you to spread but it's our race selection that's the biggest part of why we have done so well with these. Our database shows that only 17% of those we identify as bad favorites will win, only 35% of them will finish 1st or 2nd, and only 49% will run ITM. That compares with 32% /53%/ 67% for all favorites. Half the time we successfully toss the favorites from the top 3 slots.

The value comes from tossing the favorite, not keying on just one or two horses. That strategy doesn't make any sense in short fields or where the favorites are strong (or even average) but in the races we chose, it's the key to cashing monster exactas. By my count we have hit at least eight 300-1+ exactas during the past 2 months as well as a couple of 2000-1 tris and 10000-1+ supers. And we only encourage players to obtain the plays over a long period of time as that is where you'll see the most value. Every PA member that has contacted me has been told that and even witnessed a positive ROI when just looking at them over the free 30 day trial period last December (not to mention long term) as opposed to playing them just a few days........

Boomer
Old 03-31-2010, 10:24 PM   #51
onemangang

boom picks

hey boom thanks for the free picks this weekend had a good weekend
Spot Plays:

Win: Wagered 92 , Returned 104.6 ROI $1.14

Exacta: Wagered 290, Returned 286.80 ROI $0.99
onemangang is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-01-2010, 11:07 PM   #52
windoor

Just thought I'd share.

Sent an e-mail to Booman asking for the tips sheet and ordered a couple of his books. (Looking to expand my knowledge on money management and exotics)

He replied saying the picks where for last weekend, but because I purchased his books, he sent me today's picks.

I didn't get home till late, so the only thing running was Charles Town. I really don't like C/T.

On a whim I Placed a small win bet ($20) on his pick and Wheeled it top and bottom for a $52 investment.

The horse wires the field and pays $24.60, then a 29 to 1 shot slips by the favorite to complete a $333.60 exacta.

A nice $527 profit on his selection and a hunch.

Regards,

Windoor
windoor is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-01-2010, 11:46 PM   #53
lamboguy

for the encore in the 9th at sam houston boomer gave out a 5 horse tri box that hit for 6,500 for a buck. his 5 horses ran 1-2-3-4-6 with the 3/5 faveorite he didn't like off the ticket.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2010, 02:03 PM   #54
lamboguy

the plays had a good week especially the favorite busters. i know that there were a couple of big trifectas that hit including that one at hou that piad 14,000. some guys i know of are playing them offshore for a 25 cent tri and killing the bookmakers.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2010, 02:15 PM   #55
dansan

25 cent tri

where can you play 25cent tri"s?
dansan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2010, 02:18 PM   #56
lsosa54

Haven't read Boomer's books but I'm curious as to if the concepts used for tossing "false favorites" are covered in the books and specifically which book. This is an area I'm always looking to improve in. Thanks.
lsosa54 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2010, 03:05 PM   #57
boomman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsosa54
Haven't read Boomer's books but I'm curious as to if the concepts used for tossing "false favorites" are covered in the books and specifically which book. This is an area I'm always looking to improve in. Thanks.
Isosa: The mechanism for determining "false favorites" isn't specifically covered in great detail in my books, (although it is covered in my "Keys to Success" one-on-one course). However, the "How to" book does '"break down" 12 actual races from the DRF and discusses how to determine if a race presents the necessary value for investing in minute detail. The B.E.T.S. book then covers wagering in detail, while the DVD covers questions asked from the first book...........

Let me know if you have further questions,

Boomer
Old 04-04-2010, 03:32 PM   #58
Ian Meyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansan
where can you play 25cent tri"s?
5dimes is one place I know, there may be more. I don't have an account there but I know some people that do.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:07 PM   #59
joeyp

results for that huge triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
for the encore in the 9th at sam houston boomer gave out a 5 horse tri box that hit for 6,500 for a buck. his 5 horses ran 1-2-3-4-6 with the 3/5 faveorite he didn't like off the ticket.

i had that triple picked cold and exacta had it posted on two forums in my thread

Ok here is my selections for sam houston

r1---#3 tuscarora john with 5-8-2
r2---#1 valid commitment with 2-3-6
r3---#1 anaconda with 6-2-7
r4---#4 rizzi money with 1-2-3
r5---#5 promi response with 1-4-7
r6---#6 club tejano with 5-1-2
r7---#1 irish soul with 5-2-7
r8---#4 stradley with 5-2-3------best
r9---#4 digital magic with 1-9-2

have fun and check out the party and contest tonight

BINGO CHECK OUT MY 9TH RACE AT SAM HOUSTON MY #9 HORSE WAS SCRATCHED AND LEFT ME WITH THE 4-1-2

Race 9 1M Turf
Purse: $15500.00 Fast /Firm Sunny 77
# Name Jockey/Driver Win Place Show
1 Our Royal Saint Carlos L. Marquez 41.00 15.60 10.40
2 Henerita Mystery Filemon T. Rodriguez 24.40 23.00
4 Digital Magic Paul M. Nolan 7.20
Bet Type Runners Pay Out
Exacta 1/2 458.60
Quinella 1,2 148.20
Trifecta 1/2/4 13142.40
joeyp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread