Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:13 PM   #31
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomman
We DID hit the $683 exacta in the 6th @ OP with the $166.00 horse on top, but unfortunately we DIDN'T hit the trifecta because even though we had the #4 horse that finished 3rd on the sheet, it was a Back-up horse only to be used in that spot in the event of a late scratch of one of our other horses........But, I guess the exacta wasn't a bad consolation prize......

By the way Handi, thanks for the nice endorsement, it was a pleasure meeting you!

Boomer
its a long day for me, i didn't mean to report the wrong win. i saw the 4 and thought it was a touchdown and i went back and see that it was an alternate if there was a scratch, but i see there wasn't one. nice it anyway. i had the exacta for $1.00. thank you for the numbers
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-07-2010, 10:20 PM   #32
boomman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
its a long day for me, i didn't mean to report the wrong win. i saw the 4 and thought it was a touchdown and i went back and see that it was an alternate if there was a scratch, but i see there wasn't one. nice it anyway. i had the exacta for $1.00. thank you for the numbers
No problem Lambo,thanks for your unbiased monitoring of the sheets here and I'm glad you had the exacta!!

Boomer
Old 03-11-2010, 08:45 PM   #33
lamboguy

lets see if i can do this right this time. in tonights delta race 4, boomer report hit exacta for $580, they took down the super, the whole pool went to boomer players, not me of course, $3100 for .10

good score, after a few rotten days they got all the sherburt back with plenty of interest
Old 03-12-2010, 12:24 PM   #34
boomman

Quote:
lets see if i can do this right this time. in tonights delta race 4, boomer report hit exacta for $580, they took down the super, the whole pool went to boomer players, not me of course, $3100 for .10

good score, after a few rotten days they got all the sherburt back with plenty of interest
Lambo: You are absolutely right! There will always be good and not so good days, so yesterday at $2.65 R.O.I. on our "favorite busters" sheet including a 7/5 shot in the 6th at Oaklawn that we took a stand against nearly running dead last, was one of those GREAT days. Our biggest concern is to maintain that 115% overall R.O.I. level that we have achieved on both sheets since our 30 day free monitoring introduction to PA members here that took place during the month of December 2009.......

Thanks for your ongoing interest!

Boomer

Last edited by boomman; 03-12-2010 at 12:26 PM.
boomman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2010, 12:38 PM   #35
46zilzal
velocitician

A lot of us could post the big score....It is not limited to a single handicapper.

Glad to see someone hit it.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:15 PM   #36
boomman

Stats from Last week's sheets

Quote:

Lambo: With this in mind, I thought it only fair to report the complete wagering stats from last week's sheets:

For the week of March 10 to March 14 inclusive:

Exactas: ($1 Unit)
=========================================
Invest: $890
Return: $849.70

Trifectas: ($1 Units)
===========================================
Invest: $3770
Return: $6481

Win: ($2 wager per Spot Play)
=============================
Invest: $182
Return: $194

Place: ($2 wager per Spot Play)
===============================
Invest: $182
Return: $190.70

These returns obviously don't include any rebates that some of you are receiving as well............

Boomer
Old 03-15-2010, 12:26 PM   #37
lamboguy

of course you know the problem we are having is the rebate on racknet trarcks are all only 2%. and alot of the winning plays took place in oaklawn, that is probably your best track for the favorite buster.

i will tell you with normal rebates you will win these plays as stupid as 6 horse boxes look at first glance. i have seen the plays long enough to admit that they are very consistant.

personally i have been using the spot plays as a guide and have done better than your numbers indicate
Old 03-17-2010, 10:09 AM   #38
boomman

[QUOTE=lamboguy]of course you know the problem we are having is the rebate on tracknet tracks are all only 2%. and alot of the winning plays took place in oaklawn, that is probably your best track for the favorite buster.

Oaklawn is true, but Delta and Tampa Bay Downs (non-tracknet tracks) seem to do well also. The common denominator is that each of these tracks offer full fields which is imperative to the success of the "favorite buster" plays.......

Boomer
Old 03-24-2010, 05:08 PM   #39
lamboguy

this sounds to good to be true, but within 5 minutes they hit the 6th at oaklawn ex--$450 $1 tri $1029

the last race @ new york ex--$160 $1 tri $2300

someone asked me why i am posting. the answer is that they are giving me the numbers for free as long as i report the truth of what they are doing. no question they are winning. the $64k question is am i winning with them. the answer is no because i am to stupid to bet them myself because i will alway's be a non-beleiver in anyone elses stuff but my own

they have some kind of a program that is blowing my mind with first time starters. that is really the game that i am in. they wind up with competetive runners consistantly with those.

out of regular plays today so far they had 2 winners, a $10 and a $3.60 for a losing return on those so far.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:21 PM   #40
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I have a better idea...why doesn't Boomer simply post his picks for free here for a few days...give something back to the folks here and get the word out without looking like a redboarder or annoy my paying advertisers when they email me and ask why boomer is getting all this free publicity...

How about it?
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2010, 12:12 AM   #41
boomman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
I have a better idea...why doesn't Boomer simply post his picks for free here for a few days...give something back to the folks here and get the word out without looking like a redboarder or annoy my paying advertisers when they email me and ask why boomer is getting all this free publicity...

How about it?
Mike: I certainly don't mind giving them to PA members to review from time to time. Remember, I gave 'em to PA members FREE for 30 Days during the month of December, and I'll do it this weekend (Fri-Sun) the same way: Go to my website below and request them via email. That's the way I do it, and they go out each day via email around 12 noon EDT.

Boomer
Old 03-26-2010, 12:40 AM   #42
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomman
Mike: I certainly don't mind giving them to PA members to review from time to time. Remember, I gave 'em to PA members FREE for 30 Days during the month of December, and I'll do it this weekend (Fri-Sun) the same way: Go to my website below and request them via email. That's the way I do it, and they go out each day via email around 12 noon EDT.

Boomer
I was thinking more along the lines of posting something here, in this thread...just for a few days...nothing major...
Old 03-26-2010, 02:32 AM   #43
oexplayer68

Hi All,

I gave these a try (favorite-busters & spot plays) last week based on the recommendations on this board, and let's just say they didn't work out so well for me. The spot-plays had an .86 roi and I haven't calculated the favorite-busters, but I believe they were probably up after hitting a very large trifecta on Sunday at Aqueduct. I'll write a detailed post about my results with these when I get some more time next week.

The spot plays seem to be mostly lower-priced horses that do hit for a fairly good percentage. It's pretty hard to keep a positive ROI going playing so many short-priced horses. There were numerous winners in the $3.00-$5.00 range during my week, and a few in the teens but nothing higher than that.

The favorite-busters involve huge trifecta and exacta boxes.....upwards of almost the whole field on some occasions minus the favorite. I played these for four days and absolutely got ripped, then gave up on them the last day and they popped a big one of course. Boomer says this is all by design, and they are looking to beat vulnerable favorites which I totally agree with. It was just really hard for me mentally to do this as even though I'm a spread-player, I never ever spread like that deep. I do this for a living, so bankroll is not a problem for me, but the drawdown on these plays would get most players and make the rest of us sweat big-time.

That said, Boomer told me both services are running at the 1.10-1.15 level since inception which is fantastic if true. I have zero doubt that they do hit some big licks on these exotics the way they play. Most of us probably like to take a little more of a stand, so I had to discontinue the service as I just hated to lose any more money on stuff that I didn't come up with on my own, or handicapped the race differently.

Boomer seems like a good guy, and maybe these things are good as gold. I would pay way more than he's asking if they are anywhere in the black over a long period of time. Kind of wished I had just got the service during the trial, or just bought them and watched for a couple of months before losing so much of my own cash. The one thing I would say is that if you are thinking about going this route have a very large bankroll and a lot of patience. The big one will probably be coming but if you play trifectas or supers you might burn through some cash before they hit.
oexplayer68 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2010, 03:55 AM   #44
WinterTriangle

boomer's a good handicapper, IMHO. For the FL Derby I "think" he had Rule, Radiohead and Ice Box.
WinterTriangle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2010, 04:04 AM   #45
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterTriangle
boomer's a good handicapper, IMHO. For the FL Derby I "think" he had Rule, Radiohead and Ice Box.
I don't think anyone here has said he's not a good handicapper.