Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 05-08-2023, 01:45 PM   #16
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partsnut View Post
You make a valid point. At first glance and from what I can see, the metrics are indicative of specific race types and each type race has a different scenario.

I believe that the best way to learn how these race types and specific metrics play out is to back test the races and look for patterns . A perfect example of this would be races running on turf or first timers. Dirt sprints would be another. The information is well presented. All you have to do is learn to interpret and use it.

For me, It's a challenging and interesting way to handicap that is presented in a different and effective way to solve an individual puzzle (race). It is well worth the entertainment value and time spent which my be profitable as well.
Did you stop using BetMix?
Speed Figure is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2023, 03:01 PM   #17
Partsnut
BetMix User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Figure View Post
Did you stop using BetMix?
Yes,

After studying the many tutorials and dealing with Scottie Mckeever and his great staff, I concluded that EquinEdge better suits my handicapping style.

In my opinion and as far as I know and have heard from others,
Scottie McKeever is an honest and successful businessman.
He is a successful contest player and handicapper who is not afraid to make
a sizeable bet. He is a straight forward and a non BS type of person.

He is very helpful and strongly believes in and uses his product as well.. He will go to great lengths to help his clients achieve success with his very flexible application.

I believe that EqinEdge will progressively improve and only get better then it is at this present time.

Please keep in mind that the user can have the best tools available but
might not have the ability or capability to use them. You still have to use your head. What works for me might not work for you.
I would suggest that if one were interested in this product to visit the site an take advantage of the free races and the many tutorials offered and see if it works for you.

Last edited by Partsnut; 05-08-2023 at 03:03 PM.
Partsnut is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-10-2023, 07:27 PM   #18
Gilly6864

Quote:
Originally Posted by GASSTATIONSUSHI View Post
EE has pace figures on FTS. Asked how they came up with these figures. all i got were crickets.
I wouldn't tell you either!
Gilly6864 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-10-2023, 07:43 PM   #19
Gilly6864

it's all about algorithms and as we know they are not always accurate. You need to take the time to use the product and understand its limits. You can't get lazy with handicapping. In chaos races the longshot algo is really good especially with FTS. GSR is really good with young horses. there will be races where you can't make heads or tails. if so, pass. overall, a very good tool.
Gilly6864 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-10-2023, 10:56 PM   #20
Partsnut
BetMix User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly6864 View Post
it's all about algorithms and as we know they are not always accurate. You need to take the time to use the product and understand its limits. You can't get lazy with handicapping. In chaos races the longshot algo is really good especially with FTS. GSR is really good with young horses. there will be races where you can't make heads or tails. if so, pass. overall, a very good tool.

It is a very flexible application. Like everything else out there, you have to learn and understand how to use it. In most cases you still have to handicap. However there are metrics within the program that are very predictive that don't need any handicapping. They will generate positive results which again depends on how you apply the generated information. You have to be selective and have a workable betting method. I personally like EquinEdge.
I enjoy using it. You have to determine if it is right for you.
I do believe it is a very progressive tool that will only get better.
Old 05-11-2023, 09:49 PM   #21
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partsnut View Post
Yes,

After studying the many tutorials and dealing with Scottie Mckeever and his great staff, I concluded that EquinEdge better suits my handicapping style.

In my opinion and as far as I know and have heard from others,
Scottie McKeever is an honest and successful businessman.
He is a successful contest player and handicapper who is not afraid to make
a sizeable bet. He is a straight forward and a non BS type of person.

He is very helpful and strongly believes in and uses his product as well.. He will go to great lengths to help his clients achieve success with his very flexible application.

I believe that EqinEdge will progressively improve and only get better then it is at this present time.

Please keep in mind that the user can have the best tools available but
might not have the ability or capability to use them. You still have to use your head. What works for me might not work for you.
I would suggest that if one were interested in this product to visit the site an take advantage of the free races and the many tutorials offered and see if it works for you.
Being an old Sartin user yourself who has mastered MPH, and The Validator the best thing Guy ever put out. The question is can these old blasts from the past stack up against this new software?
fast4522 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-12-2023, 02:38 AM   #22
acorn54

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Being an old Sartin user yourself who has mastered MPH, and The Validator the best thing Guy ever put out. The question is can these old blasts from the past stack up against this new software?
i was a sartin methodology user for awhile. i have been using equinedge and i can say it is NOT a black box. there is no standard way to use it, it requires that you use fundamental handicapping analysis. you use the "metrics" of the program to analyze the horses just as you would use the data in the racing form. the unique tool it has is the "ticket generator " for structuring your betting tickets for the exotic wagers.
it is not geared to the 2 dollar bettor, although of course you can kick the tires of the metric analysis approach and see if you like it. there are 3 races daily free of charge for you to give it a try.
hope this helps.
acorn54 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-12-2023, 06:29 AM   #23
fast4522

So I know Partsnut and follow his posts, He is a gentleman who uses software for horses as it was designed to be used thus not only mastering it but also getting the most potential from it. I have mentioned great software programs in the past that still work today but did not mention that self control is the key. I know Bill to be just such a guy to make an advantage when others just shoot themselves in the feet having no control. I expect this new software works better if you combine record keeping as a routine along the process. I expect Bill to ring in every few days and did not plan to see him sooner than that. I guess I sneaked in credit to Guy Wadsworth my spelling might not be correct but I would say he arguably wrote one of the finest handicapping software programs ever written for horse racing and it is sad he is no longer with us. He was a gentleman who was trusting to a fault, and I will leave it at that.
fast4522 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-12-2023, 08:39 AM   #24
Partsnut
BetMix User

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the kind words.
Acorn summed it up very well.

The comparison to MPH and Validator to EquineEdge would be like apples to oranges.
I enjoyed the Sartin software in it's time but it did in fact and for me, left lots to be desired. I was primarily an "Energy" user. I have looked at "Validator" but was never a user of it.

MPH was and still a very formidable piece of software but the original program which to my mind was the best version, does not conform to today's operating systems and has to be used with DosBox. There are remakes of this software that are being offered in today's market but as far as I'm concerned, will not measure up to the original software.

The use of EquineEdge is based on artificial Intelligence and some of the individual metrics suggest what the computer thinks about a specific race and it's outcome.

The EquinEdge Ticket Generator is a flexible tool that is dependent on what information the user puts into it. It suggests how the computer thinks and/or projects how and how much one might want to bet. This module can be manipulated by the user who can make changes on how he may thinks the outcome of a race will play out and has the option to choose the race type and the amount of money he might be willing to risk on multiple type of wagers (Horizontal or Vertical Bets).

EqineEdge is based on a series of individual metrics. How they are used, individually or together, is strictly up to the user. You must still handicap the race with the given information. You have to apply these metrics in a way that works for you. You still have to study and learn the best ways to use this application.

I will not recommend this software or any other software to anyone that is not willing to handicap a race or do the work.

Last edited by Partsnut; 05-12-2023 at 08:50 AM.
Partsnut is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-12-2023, 12:05 PM   #25
lefty359

Quote:
Originally Posted by acorn54 View Post
i was a sartin methodology user for awhile. i have been using equinedge and i can say it is NOT a black box. there is no standard way to use it, it requires that you use fundamental handicapping analysis. you use the "metrics" of the program to analyze the horses just as you would use the data in the racing form. the unique tool it has is the "ticket generator " for structuring your betting tickets for the exotic wagers.
it is not geared to the 2 dollar bettor, although of course you can kick the tires of the metric analysis approach and see if you like it. there are 3 races daily free of charge for you to give it a try.
hope this helps.

I have been to site many times but haven't seen any free races being offered.
Where would I find them?
lefty359 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-12-2023, 01:12 PM   #26
Partsnut
BetMix User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty359 View Post
I have been to site many times but haven't seen any free races being offered.
Where would I find them?

Have you signed up?
You don't have to buy anything. There is no obligation.

Then you can access whatever they are currently offering for free.
They have been offering (3) races with results on most days and also offer a free race when they choose to do so.
Old 05-12-2023, 01:52 PM   #27
lefty359

Thanks,Bill
lefty359 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2023, 06:11 PM   #28
boblipp

TO ANYONE USEING EQUINE EDGE REPORTS BE AWARE IF YOU PURCHASE A MEMBERSHIP REPORT ACCORDING TO RYLEIGH THAT ALSO MEANS YOU WILL BE AUTO RENEWED SO I SUGGEST YOU CHECK YOUR BILLING TO LOOK FOR CHARGES YOU DIDN'T AUTHORIZE. THIS HAPPENED TO ME FOR 4 MONTHS .""
boblipp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2023, 06:58 PM   #29
CheckMark

Do any of you EE users have the Derby and Oaks cards?

If so pm me just want to see what EE Odds Mage was and some other horses were on that day

Thanks
Old 05-15-2023, 07:05 PM   #30
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckMark View Post
Do any of you EE users have the Derby and Oaks cards?

If so pm me just want to see what EE Odds Mage was and some other horses were on that day

Thanks
They have a facebook page you can check! Lots of users post there hits and the derby screenshot was posted!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/equinedgevip
Speed Figure is offline   Reply With Quote Reply