Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-06-2023, 02:45 PM   #151
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

It's not FanDuel/TVG's job to have a discussion.
If you want a discussion, buy a NY Post.
Old 08-22-2023, 08:34 AM   #152
LemonSoupKid

I saw this late because of a post elsewhere, and sort of laughed, because I always wondered what the heck this guy was doing on horse racing broadcasts - he just didn't seem to have the ability to add much or be very insightful, which is the whole reason you listen to panels on racing, apart from the guy who happens the host. The only other guys who you'll also let slide on a panel are the jockeys, because they have the role of the former player, which if you also watch others sports typically suck in prediction as well. I don't wanna spend much more time than just saying this quickly, but Ken's issues came from the disaster policy that affirmative action always was, and this is a classic example. When you're just average (at best) and people see you in spots that are amazing and overpaid for what you are, of course they are going to be irked. I just never watched TVG for any reason (didn't really like anything about their broadcast), so it was never any real issue for me. I'm too secure to worry about all the other nonsense in the world that I can't stop anyway, least of all entertainment things like this. I will admit I hated also that he hit big on Giacomo, which to me further proves he knew very little (as opposed to the alternative), since I was an Afleet Alex guy and we all knew what he did the next two races (beat Giacomo by over 20 lengths). It's funny when a seemingly famous moment for you can be a proof that you're just rolling dice, not analyzing. That said, we use the term luck for a reason, so he does have bragging rights, just not any substantiated ones from a handicapping point of view.
LemonSoupKid is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2023, 09:03 AM   #153
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonSoupKid View Post
I saw this late because of a post elsewhere, and sort of laughed, because I always wondered what the heck this guy was doing on horse racing broadcasts - he just didn't seem to have the ability to add much or be very insightful, which is the whole reason you listen to panels on racing, apart from the guy who happens the host. The only other guys who you'll also let slide on a panel are the jockeys, because they have the role of the former player, which if you also watch others sports typically suck in prediction as well. I don't wanna spend much more time than just saying this quickly, but Ken's issues came from the disaster policy that affirmative action always was, and this is a classic example. When you're just average (at best) and people see you in spots that are amazing and overpaid for what you are, of course they are going to be irked. I just never watched TVG for any reason (didn't really like anything about their broadcast), so it was never any real issue for me. I'm too secure to worry about all the other nonsense in the world that I can't stop anyway, least of all entertainment things like this. I will admit I hated also that he hit big on Giacomo, which to me further proves he knew very little (as opposed to the alternative), since I was an Afleet Alex guy and we all knew what he did the next two races (beat Giacomo by over 20 lengths). It's funny when a seemingly famous moment for you can be a proof that you're just rolling dice, not analyzing. That said, we use the term luck for a reason, so he does have bragging rights, just not any substantiated ones from a handicapping point of view.
Ken is/was the host. By your own logic, doesn't that mean you "let him slide" on his horse racing knowledge? It's so strange that you paid so close attention to his words that you remember what horse he picked in the Derby 20 years ago yet never caught on that he was the host and not the "expert commentator".
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2023, 12:08 PM   #154
Track Phantom

Quote:
Drunk from the night before or do you start saucing at 7AM?
Old 08-22-2023, 11:07 PM   #155
SG4

He just posted an extended thread on twitter explaining his departure from TVG in further depth if anyone was interested.
SG4 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2023, 08:32 AM   #156
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Phantom View Post
Drunk from the night before or do you start saucing at 7AM?
The whiskey don't know what time it is
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2023, 11:49 AM   #157
The Arbiter

Quote:
I saw this late because of a post elsewhere, and sort of laughed, because I always wondered what the heck this guy was doing on horse racing broadcasts - he just didn't seem to have the ability to add much or be very insightful, which is the whole reason you listen to panels on racing, apart from the guy who happens the host. The only other guys who you'll also let slide on a panel are the jockeys, because they have the role of the former player, which if you also watch others sports typically suck in prediction as well. I don't wanna spend much more time than just saying this quickly, but Ken's issues came from the disaster policy that affirmative action always was, and this is a classic example.

Affirmative action? WTF dude.
The Arbiter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2023, 12:18 PM   #158
lefty359

I miss the guy. I thght he had personality and he approached a race from a
perspective of who had early speed. What's wrong with that?

As far as selections he was as good as anybody on the broadcast and better than most.
lefty359 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2023, 06:27 PM   #159
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
Affirmative action? WTF dude.
LemonSoupKid is obviously an idiot

God forbid they should have a polished broadcaster on the TVG network...only reason he's on there must be affirmative action...LMAO

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 08-23-2023 at 06:28 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2023, 07:34 PM   #160
Inner Dirt

Watching Ken over the years I found it shocking how his knowledge of the game never seemed to improve. He seemed to be a cross between the class clown and a village idiot.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-25-2023, 03:50 PM   #161
LemonSoupKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
LemonSoupKid is obviously an idiot

God forbid they should have a polished broadcaster on the TVG network...only reason he's on there must be affirmative action...LMAO
That was the point of his twitter posts, and he took responsibility for it. Now you guys are calling me names. Weird to say the least.
Old 08-25-2023, 03:52 PM   #162
LemonSoupKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Watching Ken over the years I found it shocking how his knowledge of the game never seemed to improve. He seemed to be a cross between the class clown and a village idiot.
Yet I'm the idiot. Notice how snowflake-y and bizarre these people get with logical interpretations? I know it's type but it is totally unnecessary. First I was drunk and next I was an idiot, for pointing out what everyone knows but only says "out loud" on things like twitter (so they don't get cancelled).
Old 08-25-2023, 05:33 PM   #163
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

We could really dive into this...but what would be the point?

You have nothing to back up your claim. So every host on TVG up until Ken Rudolph was some amazing handicapper...best in the biz...nobody was hired because of their looks...or their ability to actually host a segment...just pure, top-notch handicapping skills before Mr. Derby Longshot Ken Rudolph...right LDK?

That's what you're sticking with?

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 08-25-2023 at 05:34 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-26-2023, 08:59 AM   #164
LemonSoupKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
We could really dive into this...but what would be the point?

You have nothing to back up your claim. So every host on TVG up until Ken Rudolph was some amazing handicapper...best in the biz...nobody was hired because of their looks...or their ability to actually host a segment...just pure, top-notch handicapping skills before Mr. Derby Longshot Ken Rudolph...right LDK?

That's what you're sticking with?
Read my post again, and let's stop with the poor reading comprehension and low brow posts. If you don't understand that, irrespective of KR's performance, stuff like AA will come up as a topic, you don't understand much about the world. I don't even have to have a position about him, apart from what I stated (I randomly clicked through TVG twice and laughed about how I thought he and the entire show was poor to average, at best, so I didn't ever come back to it), for my point to be an accurate one. Which it is. Seriously, read my post again before you get your feathers ruffled. The only bias I admitted, because it's true, was that with the Giacomo play (I loved Afleet Alex and he was at least a horse to be mentioned among almost TC winners), was a silly shot which made me laugh again, not act like I needed to hear any more picks from such a source. Again, he had a great run, so he should be happy he got paid for a fun, easy job. Acting like we should take him very seriously, if he desires that (I don't know, maybe he doesn't) is funny and was more of the point of my post - just to clarify.
Old 08-31-2023, 05:34 PM   #165
stlseeeek

He's not wrong

tbreds are as bad if not on par with harness racing when it comes to cheating, doping,etc
stlseeeek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply