Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 12-07-2016, 01:08 PM   #1
Longshot

New Brisnet

Anyone figured out what's going on at Brisnet with their new look?
Looks like they took the best and easiest PP downloads and tried to figure out
how to make it as difficult as possible.

How do you know now if the morning line is available in the PPs?
Looks like also they want you to completely set up your account all over again.

I'm lost and none of the handicappers I've contacted know what is going on.
It's a mess.
Longshot is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-07-2016, 01:23 PM   #2
linrom1
Veteran

It's a total disaster. They're making it easier for 'smartphone' users while throwing computer users under the bus. Fonts are UUUGE and there are boxes all over the screen.

Of course, FREE ARCHIVE CHARTS are also gone. Eddie Plesa said it best, "everything that Churchill Downs touches turns into shit.'
linrom1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-07-2016, 01:33 PM   #3
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Like most website overhauls, I suspect the things people are complaining about the most will be resolved....they don't want to drive people AWAY from their website...or maybe they do?
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-07-2016, 01:36 PM   #4
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Like most website overhauls, I suspect the things people are complaining about the most will be resolved....they don't want to drive people AWAY from their website...or maybe they do?
You have to admit it is pretty baffling. Is there no QA to test these things out?

I guess it is the Windows model, throw it out there and let the customers debug!
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-07-2016, 01:41 PM   #5
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

The charts and free stuff is still there, but you have to dig.
Go to goggle and type in, BRIS free software and you can get to it.
The old website is still around, in pieces, but apparently now direct link.
Go through GOOGLE and type , like "BRIS library" or "BRIS file structures"

This is my fault - a few weeks ago, I posted the BRIS was by far the best and easiest racing website to use.

I am so very sorry I opened my mouth, guys.
Old 12-07-2016, 04:48 PM   #6
2low

Had to go to the old site to get the "Today's Changes" files that I use for scratches in my software. I really hope those make it to the new site before they scuttle the old one completely.
2low is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-07-2016, 05:42 PM   #7
mishka

Custom Card "race finder" totally missing

The custom card plan had a free feature open to anybody where you could find various types of races from any track using a variety of search criteria. For example, if you wanted to find all Maiden Claiming races at 6f with no first time starters. It is even gone from the legacy website from what I can tell. Looks like Brisnet threw away a very handy tool in eliminating the custom card plan.

Here is the legacy page, which itself is not up-to-date with search criteria.

http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/stati...customcardhelp
mishka is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-07-2016, 06:22 PM   #8
TexasDolly

The new site has also made any file downloading software inoperable such as robograb that Game Theory was good enough to make available to us some 7 years ago. I have used it at least
once a day since then and sometimes twice a day. I wasn't required to redo my account except for the password. It was a total nuisance to download them individually.The plan I have is still supposed to be in effect,but I have an idea it will be a mess as well.
TexasDolly is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-07-2016, 06:56 PM   #9
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Their new site also prevents the Brisnet File Downloader I created for JCapper from providing a machine assist to paying Brisnet customers who had been using it all these years to download .mcp and .drf single format files from the Brisnet site.

I called them earlier today to ask if there was any way they'd consider making the previous download page available. They told me the answer was "No."

I also asked them if they planned to do similar site changes to Brisnet Supertote. Here, they told me the answer was "No BUT..."

They went on to explain that their plans are to eventually integrate Super Tote into the Twinspires site...

Meaning that after they make the planned site changes for Super Tote: If you have a Twinspires account you'll still be able to access Super Tote.

But players that can't have a Twinspires account because of state residency reasons... Texas, Utah, Hawaii, Gerorgia, and others, etc...

THOSE players are going to lose the ability to access Super Tote once they finish all of the planned site changes.

Wonderful. Just wonderful.

-jp

Last edited by Jeff P; 12-07-2016 at 07:04 PM.
Jeff P is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-07-2016, 07:08 PM   #10
ldiatone

yes i dont use bris to often but it is a bit strange to navigate. plus forgot my password and user name had to look it up on another computer. but i have a question what is difference between pp data file single and the pp data file multi? does the bris custom generator read them both? thanks

and now in Lancaster, CA.
ldiatone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-07-2016, 07:50 PM   #11
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P
Their new site also prevents the Brisnet File Downloader I created for JCapper from providing a machine assist to paying Brisnet customers who had been using it all these years to download .mcp and .drf single format files from the Brisnet site.

I called them earlier today to ask if there was any way they'd consider making the previous download page available. They told me the answer was "No."

I also asked them if they planned to do similar site changes to Brisnet Supertote. Here, they told me the answer was "No BUT..."

They went on to explain that their plans are to eventually integrate Super Tote into the Twinspires site...

Meaning that after they make the planned site changes for Super Tote: If you have a Twinspires account you'll still be able to access Super Tote.

But players that can't have a Twinspires account because of state residency reasons... Texas, Utah, Hawaii, Gerorgia, and others, etc...

THOSE players are going to lose the ability to access Super Tote once they finish all of the planned site changes.

Wonderful. Just wonderful.

-jp

What kind of business relationship do you have with BRIS?

Do you have a direct partnership agreement with them? Do you have a 3rd party agreement with them?
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-07-2016, 08:14 PM   #12
Psychotic Parakeet
Sartin Methodology Fan

It is nice to see a new "look" to the page, but I prefer the old 90's legacy site. It looks like they got rid of the Archived Data File Menu on the new one as well. Good thing I grabbed some old PPs off of that before the switch.
Old 12-07-2016, 08:17 PM   #13
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotic Parakeet
It is nice to see a new "look" to the page, but I prefer the old 90's legacy site. It looks like they got rid of the Archived Data File Menu on the new one as well. Good thing I grabbed some old PPs off of that before the switch.
Twinspires is good.

Obviously they had a solid and good working business relationship with BRIS. The rest?
Old 12-07-2016, 08:22 PM   #14
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker
What kind of business relationship do you have with BRIS?

Do you have a direct partnership agreement with them? Do you have a 3rd party agreement with them?
No formal agreement with Brisnet whatsoever.

I'm just a guy who wrote a database enabled handicapping app that has the ability to use their .mcp, .drf, and .xrd files.

I stopped using their data and switched to HDW (Handicappers Data Warehouse) shortly after the original owners sold the business to Churchill.

And I've never looked back.

But I do still make an effort to support those among my original customer base who continue to use Brisnet data.

-jp

Last edited by Jeff P; 12-07-2016 at 08:24 PM.
Jeff P is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-07-2016, 08:31 PM   #15
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P
No formal agreement with Brisnet whatsoever.

I'm just a guy who wrote a database enabled handicapping app that has the ability to use their .mcp, .drf, and .xrd files.

I stopped using their data and switched to HDW (Handicappers Data Warehouse) shortly after the original owners sold the business to Churchill.

And I've never looked back.

But I do still make an effort to support those among my original customer base who continue to use Brisnet data.

-jp

Well..., at least you are good.

You do have a partnership 3rd party agreement with the HDW then, right?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: