Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-01-2017, 03:25 AM   #1
Track Phantom

Non-effort - Los Al Race 6 (6/30/17)

Can someone tell me why the rider on the #6 (the 1-5 favorite) did not try at all? Maybe there is a valid reason but it sure looked pretty suspect.

The winning rider's cut for that race is $396. The trifecta paid $1,400 for $1 with the 1-5 shot off the board. It would cost $60 to box the 5 runners excluding the favorite. All the stars are aligned for a "fix".

It could be there is something to explain it (horse took a bad step, etc) but is it too much to ask to talk to the rider and provide an explanation to the betting public?

This, and I mean THIS (indifference to the wagering public) is the reason very large players find other ways to rid themselves of their disposable income.
Old 07-01-2017, 08:03 AM   #2
sour grapes
Veteran

their is no rhyme and reason in these cheap races,caveat emptor.
sour grapes is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-01-2017, 10:45 AM   #3
eddieb

If you watch the replay closely, the #6, Zoom Moon had his hind quarters turned sideways soon after the start and the rider, Cesar DeAlba, obviously felt something went amiss. It took the horse awhile to return after being pulled up. He cared for the safety of the horse. DeAlba is our leading rider and he is widely respected for his ethics. He protected the horse from further injury.
eddieb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-01-2017, 01:20 PM   #4
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieb View Post
If you watch the replay closely, the #6, Zoom Moon had his hind quarters turned sideways soon after the start and the rider, Cesar DeAlba, obviously felt something went amiss. It took the horse awhile to return after being pulled up. He cared for the safety of the horse. DeAlba is our leading rider and he is widely respected for his ethics. He protected the horse from further injury.
Great explanation, much appreciated. It would also be good if after the race these sorts of things were conveyed to the public. I don't know if that happened here or not, but it should.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-01-2017, 02:31 PM   #5
Track Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Great explanation, much appreciated. It would also be good if after the race these sorts of things were conveyed to the public. I don't know if that happened here or not, but it should.
Exactly my point. You don't think the people that unloaded thousands of dollars on that horse are entitled to the same knowledge after the race? Got to think these things through because once the feeling (real or perception) that there is no integrity and, more importantly, that there isn't anyone protecting their betting dollar, people will gradually disappear. Is it too much to ask to keep this information in front of the public? Why should the race caller be privy to this and not the people wagering? These things really bother me because they reek of indifference and they cost NOTHING to the track to implement.