Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Old 05-07-2017, 08:19 PM   #16
sharkey11

i feel this way because its the way it is i dont know you either but have you ever tryed to contact a track and get any information ! ive been a bettor for over 50 years and have heard track employees say just what they think about patrons and 90 % still think they have a captive audince. and my spelling is very bad indeed but then again im not a writer . and wouldnt you think that you would rise above calling that out. but to say that someone would not be motivated by possably darkening a form factor on any type of bet is pure falicy but the fact is there might be a few good and honest people in the gambling buisness but they are few an far .money

is the root of all evil enough said .its the motivator for all and if you or anyone else thinks diffrent then a little nieve you are .my point is not about this guy brower but a general fact of matter i knew people that would bet when they had one if you get me. im not calling out anyone in particular just a point i make that it does happen . now please tell me you think that all races are run honestly and like i said best of luck
sharkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2017, 09:49 PM   #17
Jess Hawsen Arown

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkey11 View Post
well number 1 he works for the track so he probaly dosent bet or is prohibited from it and sounds like he was darkening the horse for himself and a beard to wager on it number 2 no profesinal will tell you very much about what and why he will bet .number 3 hes a writer and makes income from books ect.so hes probaly just a good amature that does not make his living from bets only.rember this is the good ol USA land of double standards
He most certainly CAN BET. In fact, Meadowlands hosts talk about the bets they make on the telecasts. In case you didn't know, owners, drivers and trainers are allowed to bet on their own horses. Never saw a betting window in the Meadowlands paddock, but there is a betting window in the Yonkers paddock available during the races. Don't know if there are betting windows inside paddocks at other tracks.

And while I have never witnessed him making a bet, people I trust have said he does.
Jess Hawsen Arown is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2017, 10:07 PM   #18
Jess Hawsen Arown

Quote:
i feel this way because its the way it is i dont know you either but have you ever tryed to contact a track and get any information ! ive been a bettor for over 50 years and have heard track employees say just what they think about patrons and 90 % still think they have a captive audince. and my spelling is very bad indeed but then again im not a writer . and wouldnt you think that you would rise above calling that out. but to say that someone would not be motivated by possably darkening a form factor on any type of bet is pure falicy but the fact is there might be a few good and honest people in the gambling buisness but they are few an far .money

is the root of all evil enough said .its the motivator for all and if you or anyone else thinks diffrent then a little nieve you are .my point is not about this guy brower but a general fact of matter i knew people that would bet when they had one if you get me. im not calling out anyone in particular just a point i make that it does happen . now please tell me you think that all races are run honestly and like i said best of luck
1) I guess you've never tried to contact Meadowlands track management because they will bend over backwards to address any and all of your concerns.

2) it is inconceivable that all races are run honestly, but because bad races are quite rare, I am quick to jump up and point out the few suspicious happenings. The 9th race on Saturday night was one of those occurrences. Most "bad races" are excuses offered by losing bettors who don't understand why they lost.

While illegal drugs are killing the game, the fact that over-inflated purses due to racino money, and the shrinking betting pools have made the races themselves the most honest they have ever been.
Jess Hawsen Arown is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2017, 07:12 AM   #19
pandy

Quote:

Agree with Jess, the races are honest, unless you consider the illegal drugs, but the Meadowlands in particular does a good job eliminating that problem. But races are not fixed.

You're a cynic, I get it.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2017, 08:22 AM   #20
sharkey11

jess i was not singling out a track in particular but the industry in gereral the as a whole wont have anything to do with online bettors .and pandy a cynic well maby but theres an old saying caviat empertor .
Old 05-08-2017, 08:59 AM   #21
Sea Biscuit

Quote:
hey lets face it the guy what ever he is or isnt works for the track and i as a bettor or customer as its said i am the enemy to any one who works for a track just because of that .they are not there to help just to collect a pay check and custmers are the meat thats eaten at the dinner table . this is not a very funny thing just because they basicly have no custmers and that because they have served us all so well this attude that side buisness have that lets all keep smiling an have a happy face is just fine for them but the tracks an there owners have destroyed racing i could go on an on but i think you get the jest of it . and sir if you can prove to me that what i said is false then i will hand it to you . anyway gl as always

Quote:
The customer is the enemy of the track and enemy of all who works for a track
Hey Sharkey: If this isn't the stupidest thing I have ever heard, I don't know what is.

Whats even more stupid we have to prove to you what you said is false.
Sea Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2017, 09:30 AM   #22
pandy

The one thing that I don't totally disagree with Sharkey about is the racetrack's attitudes towards its customers. Certainly years ago many if not most racetracks took their customers for granted. They didn't get your name or address when you walked through the door. They overcharged for admission, parking, food, and drink, and for the most part, at many tracks, the quality of the food was subpar.

However, this is changing at many tracks.

Where I do totally disagree with Sharkey is with his opinion of track employees. I personally know, or have met, many racetrack employees over the years. I'm talking about people who work in the offices, track handicappers, people who work in marketing and publicity departments, etc. To say that these people don't care about their customers is simply not true.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-12-2017, 11:06 AM   #23
Charlie

Rockingham Park

How I miss Rockingham Park. I had been a customer for some 55 years and when they closed, that last day brought tears to my eyes. And I would certainly like to say that I had many good relationships with track managers, employees, tellers and miss them people dearly. So yes, the Rock and some other tracks that I contacted throughout the years were very responsive. But certainly, there were some not so responsive.
For example, just last year a horse I had was disqualified and it cost me a $300.00 pic 3 which I had 2x. In fact, I had e.mailed Pandy just to get his opinion about this race and he responded, but the track itself ignored my query which I sent to them 3 times. That being MR. The horse in question broke from PP5 and gathered the lead very easily. In the backstretch still leading by about 2 lengths, he simply miss stepped, not broke, and quickly was back on stride. He never interfered with anyone and maintained the lead winning easily. All that I wanted was an explanation as to why he was DQ. But MR never responded. As you can tell, I am still somewhat bitter about that. So yes, although there are some track that do respond to queries, there are some that do not, and MR is one of them. So both Sharkey11 and Pandy are somewhat correct concerning track's caring about their customers.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-12-2017, 11:13 AM   #24
sharkey11

the rock

ya i used to ride up to salem NH for the harness a much better place to see them than foxie that clubhouse sure was nice at rock ! rember suffok had em too
Old 05-12-2017, 07:22 PM   #25
sharkey11

hey seabasket you can not proove anything did you work for a track and cant stand anyone speaking out against them your employers . or are you just there to pick on some one that in your mind did somthing to you hmm i rember you commenting on someone that put picks up here seems they werent paying enough for your voratious appitite and then telling me to make my own picks . boy what courage you have . or mabey your in the picks buisness lol . hey ray im on the wine tonight
Old 05-15-2017, 04:31 AM   #26
chaz63

Totally with Bob. Dave Brower is a straight up guy and one of the best in the biz. The Meadowlands is much better off for having him back. He has done a TON for the sport of harness racing in general! Gabe Prewitt who will be working with Dave is also a great one!

Last edited by chaz63; 05-15-2017 at 04:32 AM.
chaz63 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply